First post and my suggestion for a possible Arcanum 2

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Morningstar, Jan 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Morningstar

Morningstar New Member

Hello, Im new to this board though Ive played Arcanum since it first came out. Ive visited the site before but never the boards...

Anyway, Ive played through Arcanum again and out of everything, I think two things are missing which should be included in the second game just for playability and fun.

1. Complete control over your comrades. I would like to be able to look at their inventory simply by clicking on their portrait and repairing what they have through that way.

2. Character interactivity. Much like BG2, where each follower talks to the main char or to each other to develop a more realistic sense of gaming, I feel this would be really cool. Aside from Virgil and Raven,no one else says anything. Have dialogue options, and random bursts of conversation.

I dont know, but Id sure like that.

2. xento

xento New Member

3. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

4. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

RE

Geoffry Tallornd Ashe does too, but i HATE his voice. Its just soooo, whiney and annoying.

5. darkllama

darkllama New Member

"You're a bit too NOBLE for Geoffery Tallrond Ashe"

ARRGH! I just about wanna kill him every time he says that!

6. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Constantly talking to people isn't realistic in itself. BG2 isn't a good example of this because often times NPCs choose wrong or inadequate times to talk to the PC. There should be a middle of the road approach where the PC could strike up conversation whenever he wanted (PS:T, Arcanum, Fallout), but there should also be times where they could speak of their own mind (though nothing as drastic as BG2's characters).

Incidentally, Arcanum NPCs talk by their own volition once in a while.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Bah, Arcanum made the voice part a lot better than BG ever did. Even though all followers doesn't come voiced, those who have voices use them in every instance they speak, while the BG characters were voiced for the first few lines and then dead silent, communicating by text only.

Ultimately, it boils down on time, resources and space. A lot of voice-acting equals larger disk space, naturally.

Our Host!