Fan Made Patch

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Shota Shernokavich, Feb 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

I'm thinking of making a fan-made patch, and i wanna know what kind of problems you guys have that you would like to see fixed.

So far I have:

- Fix the dark helm
    - Make it so you can't keep giving beggars money for alignment
    - Fix that madam lil quest where you can keep taking 400 coin from the guy
    - Finish up the ogre island quest
    - add 2 - 3 character backgrounds
    - make Cattan

Anything else? im concentrating on fixing items/quests that keep changing your alignment/aptitude/coin no matter how many times you use it, and unfinished islands/quests

2. Hans Maulwurf

Hans Maulwurf New Member

Sounds nice.
    Don't know if it's possible (or done yet), but fixing Magnus not joining you again would be great.

3. Shota Shernokavich

hm you just let me realize something..
    i'm gonna have to play the game as a good character to know more of the bugs..i've always played an evil character... damn it.

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I love this idea. Keep up the good work ;)

5. Shota Shernokavich

Thank you :D

I've thought of a few more bugs:

- Dialogue mistakes/bugs

I realized something yesterday...When you tell Virgil "Yes..uuhh.. you may rise and serve me loyal Virgil" Then he tells you that "Today was not his first sunrise" then you tell him that he can "leave any time he wants" he says that paragraph where "I can't play the simpering fool" it seems there was no voice acting for this part, or is it just a bug in my game files? someone help please :)

Also, I've decided to make - Spoiler -

Kerghan a LOT stronger..i've made all his magick resistances to 90, and i gave him some spells, though i doubt he's going to use him unless i change his scripts.

6. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

See if you can find a way to balance your followers' random changes in reaction to you. That one stumped me last play through. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's intended to be the way it is, but there's no consistancy to it at all.

7. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Please make it so Jeffery casts his spells more often. Right now all he pretty much does is melee, even though he sucks at it :/

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That's not just Geoffrey. The Mage AI in this game is absolutely atrocious, powerful wizards who could destroy half the universe by snapping their fingers but who'd cut themselves on a club rush headlong into melee instead of even considering using their spells. It's silly.

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I don't see why, there is really only one quest I can think of that benefits from allignment anyway so why bother altering it if it'll only affect allignment?
    That already got fixed in the official game patch
    It doesn't need to be finished, just because you can't have a heroic ending where you rescue the ogres doesn't mean its unfinished

I've got no real qualms with the others and since Cattan is already on the map but doesn't contain any content I see no real difficulties arising with your work. Plus good luck and all that.

10. Shota Shernokavich

I have a question though, when I make my towns on Cattan, how can I have them show up on the world map as locations?

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Well, I gotta say, when I finished the Ogre Island quest I was pretty damn dissapointed. I actually like the idea of him finishing it up.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Personally I've always liked the idea that the Half Ogre quest doesn't have a perfect fairytale ending.

13. Shota Shernokavich

It isn't going to be a fairytale ending, just a more fulfilling one.

edit: and the reason why i'm changing the beggars, and dark helm, is because not only do some quests depend on it, but also many followers look at your alignment first before they consider joining you.

Also, I've decided to add a couple more dungeons to the game and make the max level either 75 or 100 i haven't decided yet.

As for progress, I've so far made 2 dungeons on the actual arcanum map, and done some things in cattan, nothing major, just brushing up my skills before i get to the harder things, and I've read through most of the AMTUT tutorial (it's really good).

Our Host!