Extra Animations Pack (for UAP091225)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Drog Alt, Oct 30, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The File Dropper mirror died.

Is anybody going to put this piece of shit on the main site?! 他妈烦死了

2. Constipation

Constipation New Member

Wouldn't be awfully smart to put a piece of shit on the main site now would it.

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I asked for files from you awhile back. You told me to download then from your current site. I still haven't had time. If you could help me out with tr matter, I'd appreciate it.

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The MediaFire mirror is still up.

All my other mods are already here on T-A.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The link works and the downloaded file is fine. Doesn't that mean you already know how to work the download section properly?

7. boshh

boshh New Member

can i install this after the high resolutions patch? would there be any problems or glitches? or do i have to start from a clean install of arcanum...

8. Crypton

Crypton Member

I was playing the other beta version (i.e. the Press Beta) today, and I'm telling you, it was just better than a sex.

It was really fun fooling around, finding all those changes they made. There are also some testing maps included, like one multiplayer map, which is totally awesome.

Some screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are also few (around 50) speech files that are missing in retail version, for example:
    http://www.filedropper.com/v2m
    http://www.filedropper.com/v3m

I'm still discovering it, because it's quite huge (2 CDs), so it's possible that there is much more content to restore than it seems right now.

9. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

I've seen that map. I have the second CD from this build. It's exactly the same build as the demo version, there's plenty of differences, including gameplay mechanics (e.g. unarmed damage is calculated differently and is much higher than the final). The maps are also different, e.g. the gypsies are completely absent, turns out they were added very, very late in development. Oh, and the lizard people (Bedokaan) are still using their original art, that's where I got it from. The animations have wrong coordinates though, I had to fix them myself in a hex editor.

Oh, and one more thing. Check out Tulla. Simeon Tor's chamber still has the portal to the Isle of Despair. You could originally return there, but they removed this possibility, again very late in development.

10. Crypton

Crypton Member

You already told me that before :) But I didn't know that you actually played the beta, because you said that you only have the Play CD. That's actually the reason why I wanted to share this with you, because I got those press beta CDs yesterday, and it reminded me that you actually have them too, or at least one of them.

Anyway, I just checked the main Arcanum module, and you're right, there is "Arcanumdemo" map, but there is also a map from retail version - "Arcanum1-024-fixed" map, and map from first beta version, i.e. "MGH Arcanum1-024-fixed".

So it's all those betas, and demos merged together, and I believe that it should be possible to play them all, and switch between them.

11. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

No, I haven't played it actually. The full world map is still included in the demo version, in a separate folder. I just exported it to the final game and fooled around a bit. This build is about a month or two away from the final, not that interesting.

12. Crypton

Crypton Member

Actually, it's like 5 months span in both directions. In the menu, it shows that it's version 55, released on 3-13-01, which is ~5 months after the first beta (version 27), and ~5 months before the final game, I think.

Anyway, you're right, it isn't as interesting as the first beta, but it was still fun playing that though. :thumbup:

13. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

As I mentioned before, the game was finalized in April/May, but the publisher (Sierra) made them wait until August, because the localized versions (German/French) were not ready yet.

14. LionXavier

LionXavier New Member

Hello all, gentlemen. Another Arcanum fan here.

I've been lately having long marathons of Arcanum playing, thanks especially to the incentive from all of Drog's enhacement (UAP, Hires, music, Crypton's extra animations... etc,) and I've noticed something. At first, I was going to open a new thread with the title: "I can't attack wolf-type creatures wearing the small machined plate!", cause that's what I'd exactly experienced... but it came to my head this thread and the technique Drog used to solve the problem with critters that don't have low attack animations, so at the end I deduced that the issue may be that the low attacks animations for the small machined plate (wheter they are new or they have to be replications of the normal ones because they don't exist, as is the case with the half-ogres in plate armor) are missing from the last Extra Animations pack, which I'm using.

I just wanted to leave constancy of this fact here, in case no one else noticed it (and in case I'm not the victim of a screw-up installation bug :p ). Thanks for you attention.

Hi Muro, just a question: What is exactly the way to achieve this?; do you have to unpack the whole original content of Crypton's Extra Animations RAR file and then installing Drog's pack, or is it enough with pasting ArcanumBeta2.dat (the dat containing beta ambient sounds) in the Arcanum root directory after installing Drog's pack? Tanks in advance :)

Well my firends, best regards to you all.

PD: I don't want miss the opportunity to thank Drog, Crypton, Muro, Rroyo and all the people who are keeping such a great game as Arcanum up'n running. Tanks to you all, guys!

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, LionXavier.

I checked this out of curiosity and confirm the bug you're experiencing. Small races wearing high tech plate indeed stand idly instead of performing low attacks when the Extra Animations Pack is installed.

Yep, that's all that needs to be done.

16. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Oh, fuck this, I'm not fixing this shit again. FUCK THIS SHITTY GAME, I don't care. Go play Ass Effect 3: Ass Wars or something.

17. SoWeMeetAgain

SoWeMeetAgain New Member

Greetings

I just recently learned of Arcanum and played right through it, awesome game. Then I came here for more stuff and this mod seems very interesting.

Please reconsider, Drog. I find this game not shitty at all, in fact I found it to be better than most new games.

Have a nice day!

18. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Welcome newcomer, stay awhile...stay forever. Drog has been like this for some years. That means it is not likely that he is going change. But. There is still hope.

Edit: What's with the name?

19. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Perhaps the creepiest welcome I've ever heard.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Another visitor. Stay a while.... staaaaaaaaaaay forever.

Impossible Mission, C64. Amazing game.

Our Host!