Escape Tarant

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by 5th_horseman, Jun 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

The download I have keeps glitching Pc keeps freezing, unable to move got me killed a couple of times, not sure if it's map problem or bad download.

Chris asked for feedback so here goes:

Rags, (no cheap comments) removeing the rubbish bins limits you 4 rags, a total of 6 firebombs (low level techies favaroite toy).

Armour, for large PC's there only 1 set, and gore guards destroy that very quickily. For human and smaller you can get by suade jackets and so on but not so half orges.

Invetory's there are only two, (general store, general magic, no tech) that will renew. I like that the major chahes are guarded, but I think that it may have been better leave all inventorys (including rubbish bins) in there normal locations make them one shot not respawning, as if there ower's grabbed ther best and ran.

Respawing inventory's would be better with respawning monster's scaling if possible.

It would have nice to include the sewer systems and Bates mansion. Some resurectable bodies and the means to do so, (you can find 2 scrolls in the magic stash, but none for tech) as followers

As a beta module very nice, but could do with some polishing. :thumbup:

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The module that's up is the one I played before uploading it. I haven't had any problems playing it, though I haven't finished it.

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

5th_horseman thank you for the feedback.( i may well act upon it if possible)

The keep freezing issue is the old Tarant map problem that so many people have complained about in normal Arcanum.

It happens randomly even in normal arcanum.

How fast pc you got does not matter. (it has to do 99 % with hard disk performance files being fragmented here and there since it is caused by the engine loading more than 1 tileset)

Try to play in turn based if this occurs a lot.

Our Host!