Elf technologists?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dark Elf, Feb 9, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Technology seems to be FAR more effecient than magick, and therefore I'm wondering if you could do an elven technologist. I know elves start out with an increased magickal aptitude but does this mean they can't use tech items as good as, say a dwarf? Are they limited to have a certain tech aptitude?

If I boosted his intelligence, he would be alright, wouldn't he? An elf with a Tesla Rod could be pretty effective. Of course, I guess the Dark Elves would like to see my hearth on a silvern plate but... well, that's life.

2. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Its possible, but Elves have a natural hatred twords technology and your tech items wouldnt work as well. If you wanted to do a HALF Elf technologist, that would be more doable

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

PS. Tech is NOT more efficent than Magic. First you gotta hoof it everywhere or take the train. Second you gotta pay more money for items or componets to tech items

4. Rhiann

Rhiann New Member

I'm using a half-elf and she leans towards tech. I have her tossing molotov cocktails, and she's very good at it. I think your best bet would be to use a half elf instead of an elf. Because the human side of them can easily go towards tech items. And I agree I have more success with technology like explosives than I did with magic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhiann on 2002-02-09 01:46 ]</font>

5. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Nope, the only difference between an elf and a dwarf is that the dwarf starts better, still the elf can get to his level of aptitude..

6. Gonk

Gonk New Member

It's a bit more tedious to heal as a technologist until you get the medical arachnid. Quickly forget every claim that technologists should have trouble with money though. Money is of NO issue except early in the game when gunslingers can have some problem with ammo.

7. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

And magic is MUCH easier to play in this game than Tech. MUCH easier. Invest in the Dark Magicks early on and you're set.
    The game is heavily biased toward the magic-user. Ask anybody.

8. Gonk

Gonk New Member

The game is more interesting as a technologist though. And it's easier to boost your companions for the technologist.

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Sure it's more interesting.
    I think most of us will end up finding ways to handicap ourselves to make the game more challenging.
    Pure Tech, killing Virgil the Dumbass right away, idiot characters, et cetera.
    Honestly, questions like this shouldn't even be answered. Just play through the game like the rest of us. Play through it with different character types. Enjoy it, and only ask a question if you are truly STUCK.

Our Host!