electromagic telepathink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ytzk, May 3, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I think I've made a sufficient fool of myself on this forum that I can make outlandish claims and wild assertions without any of you changing your opinion of me, so I'm just going to go for it, with the quick acknowledgement that it's all probably nonsense and/or delusion.

I'm the most skeptical psychic I know, as well as being the most psychic skeptic I know. I'm not sure what to make of it, or how to best describe it, but there is a sixth sense. It is maybe a function of electricity?

I call it many things, but I guess in objective terms you could call it the pool. I call it that because it acts like a fluid if you're talking about it's behaviour. In fact, (maybe?) it is the background hum of the signals of nerves across the body. This creates a body-sense in the brain/mind. It is a horrible mess in there, for me. My nerves are crazy tangled and tense and twitching and numb. But as a rule the clearer the and calmer the pool, or nerves, then the clearer is this other sense. This is true for everyone for a given coefficient of sensitivity. I am overly sensitive in terms of average people(?). I feel pretty confident it is an aerial effect in the spine that responds to electrical fields because it feels like it sloshes about inbetween lightning and thunder. A spike at about 2/3 of the time.

Okay so, there's a good place to leave it because the telepathink part of the spinal aerial theory is probably too much right now... According to my MAGIC senses I measure the speed of voltage after a lightning strike to be um about 200 m/s.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Every once in awhile, I'm reminded why this forum is as dead as it is.

Don't get me wrong, I love you guys and everything.

Smuel likes this.
  4. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hey ytzk old buddy old pal, that's a nice description of some kind of internal ASMR-like sensation, but then you mentioned psychic powers as an aside. That would be like Spiderman saying "Hey, the other day I got bitten by a weird looking spider, and, I dunno, now I feel kind of weird, kind of spidery, like.... [three paragraphs about what a spider's internal monologue is like]... isn't that interesting? Oh, and now I have superpowers too. K BYE."

Yeah, great, we don't care about your pool or whatever - tell us about your psychic powers!

ytzk likes this.
  5. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Man, I swear I had some kind of ASMR as a kid, but now it's gone.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I think that it's a common sense but it gets ignored, but it is a sense, not mere hallucination.

Sharks and platypus hunt by electricity. Babies, cats and snakes all react to this kind of thing, too, in my experience.

It's crude but it gets finer and clearer with practice I guess. I spent a long time being analytical, experimental and skeptical about it. I got no particular power beyond having observed it. The most measurable observation is using it to predict thunder by the pulse arriving at 2/3 time, but more subtle and subjective impressions appear on the same medium.

My conclusion is that it's a thing.

P.S., I finally replaced my old keyboard so hopefully I can describe myself more fluidly, and not get so bogged down in copy-pasting "ews" every time I need an e,w or s. That's my excuse for the solipsism.

I suppose I could make a number of extraordinary claims about what I seem to have sensed, but that's a different question to whether it is a sense at all. I'm hypothesizing about magic and technology here because 1) Arcanum, 2) I think we were mean to Xyle, this is like my penance, and 3) I wouldn't want to be taken on face value as psychic because that's crazy. I wouldn't want to encourage that sort of thinking.

If it doesn't enliven the House then let it embiggen the Vault.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  7. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

The forums are dead because the rest of us are engaged in conversation with ytzk via electromagnetic telepathy, all occurring at 2/3 the speed of lightning.

ytzk likes this.
  8. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I can certainly believe that someone might be sensitive to electromagnetic fields. Though I think it's more likely that someone would be sensitive to barometric pressure changes, and mistakenly perceive that as a sensitivity to electromagnetic fields. It would fit with the relatively common report of being able to sense the onset of a thunderstorm. You might also be conflating the sense with intuition, if you have any kind of synesthesia, and therefore thinking it applies to more things than it does.

Using the word "psychic" to refer to any of that is a bit of a stretch though. If you were psychic you'd be able to tell what I'm doing to your mom right now.

9. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

It doesn't take a psychic to figure that out Smuel.

ytzk likes this.
  10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, look, I was raised with a large number of electrogadgets. My father was a mad inventor and he believed anything that couldn't give you a heart attack was safe for children and animals. Honestly, I forget how strange that is sometimes but the point is that I am very clear on what electricity feels like. The first thing I know about pressure change is when my ears pop. Perhaps the constant threat of homemade taser ambush by my brother allowed me to evolve this MAGIC?

11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Senses are tricky though. I can tell when I'm near a large solid object, like a wall, or your mom. I know it's probably something to do with sound reflecting differently, but that's not what it feels like - it feels like I have a wall-detector sense. So, you say it feels like you can sense electricity. That's not enough by itself to determine that electricity is what you're sensing. You could be sensing pressure changes in the case of thunderstorms, or a tingly sense when you're around danger because you associate danger with the possibilty of your brother electrocuting you, or your hair standing on end in the presence of strong static. Then you amalgamate all of these things into a single pool, and write lyrical posts about it on an online forum.

In conclusion, you're no more weird than any of us, and probably more in tune with your senses than an uptight Englishman, but referring to them as magic or yourself as psychic is not helping, because then uptight Englishmen feel compelled to argue with you. And nobody wants that.

ytzk likes this.
  12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Actually that was pretty much the whole point of this.

I appreciate your feedback. You're wrong, it's magic.

I like mastered all the mystic arts of the orient and stuff, so I'm pretty sure I know what PSYCHIC MAGIC feels like. It's a bit like electricity.

Okay, I'm just trolling you there. Sorry.

13. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I would imagine with your practising Buddhism and, I'm assuming by extension, mindfulness you probably are more aware to sensations than the majority of us, and as Smuel says are better at amalgamating these into a defined sensory experience rather than the noise most of us experience.

There I go, applying cold hard logic to your experiences of whimsy and magic.

PS I am slightly curious to know what you did to determine babies, cats and snakes' reactions to electricity. It does sound vaguely sadistic.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    ytzk likes this.
  14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I didn't throw cats, snakes and babies into an electrified room, if that's what you're asking, but I wouldn't be surprised if my father had at some point.

Apart from lighting and tasers, I feel that a more subtle kind of pulse is generated by organisms. It seems to correlate with muscle contraction and particularly with spikes of adrenaline. I theorise that this forms a part of the normal subconscious signal processing of human brains and that, as with most of human thought, it is almost entirely absorbed in the immediate politics of human society. Probably you all have a better feel for the information flowing between people in a room than I do, but you don't notice how you know.

Like someone coughs in a cinema and some other bugger always coughs in answer. That's a primate behaviour, used for keeping track of each other in a group. That kind of thing happens on other levels too. I can only assume that anecdotes of telepathy between spouses and some instances of uncanny intuition may be due in part to this usually invisible modality. I also tend to believe that some people use an aggressive field modulation to generate influence on others in terms of charisma, persuasion and even mesmerism. But that isn't my thesis nor my particular MAGIC power.

I have tested the hypothesis that adrenal spikes and muscle contraction can alert a variety of monsters in the flesh, including sharks, and that these events also correspond to electromagic pulses. I conclude that, as crazy as it may be, and indeed as crazy as it may drive people, that telepathinking is a thing for a given value of electromagicnetism.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  15. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I wish I hadn't asked.

ytzk likes this.
Our Host!