Drog ups his fixes to 080523

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, May 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    One (playable) female model and no (playable) women for the non-median races.

I'm amazed there wasn't a feminist uproar at this game's release.

2. team a

team a New Member

I'm sure they were offended, but were too fascinated by their ability to have a threesome with other females at Madam Lil's. Or, they thought being able to have sex with an old man just so he'll let you into his gentleman's club to be empowering.

3. Packersfan30_3

Packersfan30_3 New Member

Frankly I think it's pretty disrespectful of him to assume that. he should just get it for his mod work. I did have quite a bit for him because of the good he's done the community, but that doesn't mean he hands down gets it from everyone. I've lost immense ammounts of respect for him over this little fiasco, and essentially trolling theforums with "Elder Joachim"

4. team a

team a New Member

Well, there is some merit to the first part of that. After all, quite a bit of DU's reputation in the Arcanum modding community does come from his work, but then, I haven't seen a reason for anyone to lose it. I think if people are expressing disappointment in DBT, they are at least tacitly admitting that they did, in fact, have respect for him because of his work.

Also, I don't think there's a rule that you have to use the same username for t-a and rpgcodex. I have no problem with what he's posted in every other part of the forum, but I'd guess he's regretting speaking about himself in the third person in this thread, or at least I might. Everyone should be able to defend themselves, but not under false pretenses. However, as I said, the rest of the stuff on the forum isn't under false pretenses.

I do have to put it out there that you can't take personally all the shit that happens on the internet, especially with it being so anonymous. Anyone ever play WoW? Yeah, there you are. If you don't let things go that don't happen to you directly anyway, you can't ever resolve anything. Then again, not all of us are moderators who can send people to the Vault...

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I think he left because a few people here agreed on a single point;
    Things in the extra fix were already in the game's code, they just weren't made to work. He was saying there was no way to put the items in the game if they didn't work perfectly, but that's not the case.
    Honestly, it's all speculation on my part and I'm probably silly for saying it. I just know he's not said a thing at all for a little while.

6. team a

team a New Member

I think what he meant was that there was no reason to add these items, and no way to do so without at least basic modding skills. For non-hardcore Arcanum fans on rpgcodex, this would be a more logical explanation.

I figure he left after he got shut down when people saw through the anonymous 3rd person defense of himself and criticism of DU. What the fuck is that called? Honestly, this is the only forum I have ever spent much time in.

Most of his very few posts on the one day he joined us were in other sections not dealing with his patches or criticism of him. Looks like his last posts weren't even in the news thread.

It's too bad he decided to leave - he mostly posted about modding, including responding to Crypton's posts about editing the .exe. Unfortunately, he didn't stay to discuss making the source data for the protos into a file external to the .exe. That would have been pretty fuckin' great.

Or, maybe he just registered a new username? That might be the best move, if he hasn't lost interest here entirely. I'm good with that, as long as he doesn't talk about himself while pretending he's not DBT. Oh well, hopefully we will see more of his work on the .exe in upcoming patches.

7. Packersfan30_3

Packersfan30_3 New Member

We're sayin the same thing buddy. I did have respect for him because of his work, but I lost a good portion because of his actions. My issue is that he expects everyone to respect him regardless of his actions. I don't really want him to stop modding though, I didn't think he would take it that personally. Honestly I figured both parties would have apologized by now and taken care of it.

8. team a

team a New Member

Yeah, I here you there.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure what has changed with the elven/half-elven female art. I didn't even know that there was even more than 1 kind of female art, not counting unique NPCs.

Our Host!