Does anyone actually use real time combat mode?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by PekkaM, Dec 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PekkaM

PekkaM New Member

I find it totally unplayable. Arrows miss targets, Bronwyck's gun too. Followers drop and lose weapons without me noticing. Everything is total mess.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

i did the game once in realtime...

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I know, real time is pain. On the rare occasions I touch it, it's generally when I'm against weak enemies such as kites. Otherwise, nope.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Real time mood should have either been twice slower or it should not have been made at all. As it is now it is unplayable.

5. Entrancer

Entrancer New Member

That's odd. I almost always use realtime. I've never really liked turn based much.

6. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Then you, sir, are a very fast clicker. Do you only play melee? That seems the best way to do real time.

7. Entrancer

Entrancer New Member

Heh, actually I do click rather fast. Magick, tech, melee, I usually do it all under Real Time. I think it makes the game much more exciting. Now don't get me wrong, I like Turn Based alot too. But everyone has their own opinions and I personally think Real Time has more to offer.

8. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

i too, use only real time. I find turn based to be too slow and boring, also you can't run away when you start to get dameaged as you can in real time. :)

9. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I used real-time with my Persuasive Throwing person. My followers did all the real work, and I just kept throwing a Chakram, so there wasn't anything important for me to do in TB, anyway.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I only use real time during those annoying repeat ranom encounters... with like baby wolves/ orc bandits etc, they're just too easy.

11. Langolier

Langolier Member

I always use real time. I've never actually tried turn based. Real time is just too fun.

12. xento

xento New Member

I used to only use realtime. I really don't play anymore. I don't like the Arcanum turn-based mode a whole lot. It can be confusing.

13. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Ohh god yeah! I always use real time, but I'll switch against ranged enemys.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I use both, mp only works with real time, so I try to get used to it.

BTW, yes mp works, it just lags a lil bit, and sometimes it's hard to connect. With some of the lagging though it's almost like playing at half speed though. :)

15. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

Real time is good if your strong and your going through a place with alot of weak eneimies and you dont want to waste time starting up and closing combat

16. Derfud

Derfud New Member

I always used range combat, unless I have a really difficult encounter, otherwise I found it much easier. Played the whole game as a gunslinger.

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

We're not talking melee ranged, we're talking the setting real time combat, or turn based. I say in a game where you try to emulate reality, well, as close to reality as you can get with elves and gnomes running around, real time combat is alot more true to life, and much more challenging to play. But I personally have more fun with turn based, so both are cool IMO.

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I doubt that people used to have to run away constantly in order to use their bows and arrows effectively, and i also doubt that they could take as many bullets as the characters in arcanum can, and I also doubt magick was involved way back when in ANY form of combat, therefore i feel just fine in sticking with turn based combat. :D

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, I also doubt that Kerghan would wait 45 minutes in between my attacks when I run out for pizza.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

How much fun would chess be in real time? At least it would be more realistic.

Our Host!