divination

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Demosthenes, Mar 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i have a melee dodge battlemage who is a monk. i was thinking of having him learn the divination college because ive wanted to and it would be keeping with his personality. im wondering what people who have used the divination college have thought about it.

2. wilfogn

wilfogn New Member

In general I have found divination to be fairly useless, I hate to be harsh.

Sense alignment.... never found a use for this, you can already tell how someone feels about you and if they will attack

See contents... Slightly better but still chest open so easily that is is no big deal to open one with crap loot

Read Aura... see Sense alignment

See Invisible .. well no invisible monsters Ive seen
    also the 20 in spot traps is handy though, its a shame there are no traps that penetrate shield of protection, I wish traps were more "deadly"

Diving magic, can be handy but I prefer teleport, just teleport to shrouded hills and you can I'd all you want.

All in all its not worth the points, but if you are melee battlemage/ better chouces would be a "body of air earth fire water" Sheild of protection is crucial, haste , harden hands

But with just a melee dodge master with shield of force, I beat the game solo with no challenge at all, hate to sound like a powergamer heh,

3. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

This is perfect for roleplay purposes, mostly the read aura and sense alignment.

These allow you to see if a person is good or evil, and a fighting monk would always go out of his way to avoid killing good people, so you can or this into your gameplay.

My friend started a melee/gunner based on "Loki" from the movie dogma and he extensively used read aura.

You see, in the movie, Loki was killing evil people on a spree on his way back to heaven, and you could do something similar.

He ended up depopulating the planet of evil people by the time he was done, I think. And 0 good kills, to boot.

4. Langolier

Langolier Member

I just played through most of the game with all the spells in divination.... not really that useful......gives some interesting information about people thoguh....... such as...... Whysper is "human" and Alice at madam lils has high intelligence and several schematics in the Herbology......

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

right now my plan is to learn divination up to sense invisible. this will enable me to get master spot traps with my maxed perception. i remember hearing about a potion that gave +1 to all stats. can anyone confirm if this is true and if it is, provide its name and location.

6. Langolier

Langolier Member

I have heard that the Vivifier does this. The schematic and components for it are found in the vendigroth ruins.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

thats what it is. i guess some stats can wait till late game to be maxed.

8. Langolier

Langolier Member

Course, you could go there early..................

9. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Vendigroth can be forced. Go to the location. It won't be there. Tightly quarter the aera. The dot will appear. PE will help, but when I tested it the last test was with a PE 8 PE. Found it.

I would stay out of the levels with the Automations & the VD.

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

thanks, this character just got to qintarra so after i finish up there, ill take a trip east.

Our Host!