Dissapointed in the End-Game Cinematic

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by The Caltrop, Dec 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

I am kind of dissapointed in the end-game cinematic. It just didn't seem to be nearly... well... cinematic. Although it was kind of fun sparking the 2nd clan war and damning Black Root and Dernholm to oblivion...

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I liked it the way it was. Of course, it would had been nice with more cinematics, but the flexibility of the different endings sort of makes up for it.

And you'e such an evil bastard. :lol:

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I'm disappointed that I didn't get feedback on a lot of things I did. I can't remember exactly now, but I felt there definately could've been more slides thrown in on some important things I did. What happened to certain people, places etc...

I think it focussed to much on the "big towns" and left it at that.

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I agree totally. I killed Prince Farad of Caladon, and it had absolutely no effect on future politics? What the hell? There should have been a slide detailing who suceeded him and whether they joined the Unified Kingdom or not. It would rule if the assassination sparked a war between Caladon and Tarant. Speaking of which, did you know that the word assassin comes from the Arabic word hashashin which means "one who takes hash-hash (hashish)?" This was in reference to the Nizari sect of Islam, a group of warriors who sold their services as leader-killers and all-around mercenaries. In addition, they used their skills to defend their sect, usually by sending members on suicide missions to kill the commanders of attacking armies.They took hashish as part of their pre-killing rituals. Thus, assassins.

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    What an interesting twist of the original subject :lol:

You know, I've always wondered how those dopeheads could be so succesful at their trade. I mean, it would be like having a stoned Ozzy Osbourne to gracefully sneak up at somebody, smoothly deliver the killing blow and then get away from the scene unseen. Somehow, I have difficulties picturing that...

7. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Yes, I did know that, heard it on gameFAQS.

8. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Thing that should've been included:

Ashbury:Statue

Melee and Dodge Master quests:Aftermath

All followers: What happened next

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I really like Godenboy's 3rd point, that might actually make a good story in the role playing forum (sorry to get off track). I also think that a slide on what happened to Tulla following the return of Vendigroth is necessary.

10. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I didn't spend much time in Tulla. There's not alot to it, besides the mastery tests. Either I didn't find it interesting or I wanted to go on to Vendegroth.

11. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

is there any way to NOT rebuld vendigroth?
    cause i went through the game 3 times, once in a sorta evil path, and it still got rebuilt.
    i wanna see that damned place staying ruined.

12. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Kill Arronax. He is the one who rebuilds it, after all.

13. Tholtan DarkOne

Tholtan DarkOne New Member

I don't think, you would see Vendigroth ruined, if you kill Aronax. Nothing will happens. Like in Caladon without completing pers. quest and hashashin quest either...
    And what about this?

Caladon: accoplished/failed "Whitechurch murderer quest"

Stillwater!

Molochean hand: aftermath :D

Quintara and Tsen'ang

14. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

True. But he just said he wanted a way for Vendigroth to stay ruined. You can't see it ruined, since it's already in ruins. There are only slide shows for things that change the status quo.

That said, some of the other things are right on, especially your desire to see the Molochean hand aftermath.

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

The point is, that no matter whether you kill Arronax or not, Vendigroth is still rebuilt. I think it's a bug.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Maybe the clip's script is attached to Arronax's release point. If you release Arronax, the clip get's set to trigger. If you kill Arronax, you must have already released him.

17. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Man , How long since I posted here?

If you kill Arronax Vendigroth is NOT rebuilt. I just finished the game with a halfling warrior who was Master at Melee, Dodge, Throwing, Bow, Prowl and Backstab with 22dx and 20st, I killed him because I could see no further use for him. As a result I got no slides pertaining to Vendigroth at the end.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

19. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    By picking a background that boosts his Strength high enough, he could. Remember, backgrounds will increase your racial limits by the number of the bonus (it will cap at 20 though).

For example, half-ogres take a -4 penalty to intelligence, which gives them a natural max of 16. If you take the Sickly background however, which boosts Intelligence by 6, you could take it all the way to 20.

I'm currently playing an elf with the Ran Away With The Circus background. Guess what? I have 20 Strength. :)

Not sure if background penalties will lower your max though. I know this was the case in the pre-patched game, but I don't think it is like that anymore. Could anyone verify? Usually, I leave my penalized stats be...

Our Host!