Disguises!

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The Caltrop, Dec 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

I think a new thieving skill should be 'disguisery'. You could use disguises to walk among hostiles without molestation, and even talk to them (if they feel so inclined). There would also be a few disguisery classes: Race Disguisery (Better at making you look like a member of another race) Guardsman Disguisery (Makes you look like a guard/officer of the peace in a city; gives you access to treasure chests in city guard stations) Age Disguisery (Makes you look younger/older) and Gender Disguisery (Makes you appear either more masculine or feminine, give you access to places that only normally allow a single gender to enter [The Gentlemen's Club, for example]).What do you guys think?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That would be nice, but do we really need a new skill for it? The way I see it, if you could just find the proper clothing and make up and have sufficiently high ranks in Charisma and Persuasion, you should be able to disguise yourself in any fashion you wanted to.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Dark Elf, but you may need to research your part before pulling it off.

ie. you can only convince Hadrian (Panari Guy in Caladon) that you are an archeologist if you have talked to Teach about the Serpentspine and Fire Giants

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Of course, of course. Knowledge of the one you're going to impersonate should of course be vital.

It's not like I would connect your example with disguise though. What you described would be nothing more than a common bluff.

No, a more fitting example would be when you fool Min'Gorad to believe that you're a Molochean Hand Assassin - a part of the game were disguise is in already :-o

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I seem to remember someone mentioning, that there is some kind of dressing code that allows you to fool pissed off guards. I think it requires a Smoking Jacket, a Top Hat, a Pocket Watch and some kind of fancy boots (don't remember what they're called, I only remember that the halfling in Ashbury, who sometimes goes nuts and attacks you, has them on his person). I've never tried it though, so don't blame me if its false.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Odd, never heard of that one, I'm currently playing a half-ogre, so large smoking jackets are semi-rare, but can someone else give it a go?

PS. Could females do it in an 'Elegant' or 'Sunday's Best' dress

Our Host!