Discussion for The Lords of Arcanum

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Feb 20, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm going to have to start this one up as well, then. I will not, however, initiate the actual game. I just wanted to get this thing more or less started before we all forget about it. Anyway, here it goes:

Name: Benjamin "Wolfsbane" Chase
    Race: Half-Ogre
    Profession: Boxer

Benjamin is an ogre of massive built, even for half-ogres. He is not very tall, but makes up for his lack of height in raw strength. Unlike most half-ogres, Benjamin is not the bodyguard of some well-to-do gnomish merchant; indeed, Benjamin is, or rather was, quite wealthy himself. Not much is known of his early history, but the half-ogre appeared one day in the boil pit-fights and quickly rose in fame and status. Soon, he entered the Tarantian dockside boxing championship and won pretty much every fight he participated in. He got his nickname, Wolfsbane, after accidentally killing the then present champion Wolf with a too fierce blow to the head, thereby simultaneously successfully establishing himself as the new champion.

Benjamin is a man of fashion, and normally wears nothing else than special-ordered clothing from the finest shops of Tarant. He is very articulate for a half-ogre, and is active in the upper-class society.

If there is one thing Benjamin is bad at, though, it is the ability to restrain oneself when it comes to money. His quick-won fame and wealth became too much for him and he went into a shopping hysteria, spending his resources at an alarming speed. Today, Benjamin relies heavily on adventurous work of all sorts, since most of his combatants refuse to fight him for the championship, and therefore leaves him without prize-money. Benjamin has also developed a drinking problem, which he of course denies.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I decided that Vyenna was right, and a Bedokaan would be really fun to play. They're just badass.

Name; Grausemann Schwamme
    Race; Bedokaan
    Age; 184

Grausemann was exiled from the tribe when he showed a progressive interest in technology, going so far as to stop following the word of the snake father, and even denouncing his people's words of power. While his exit wasn't on the best of terms, his tribe hopes he'll see the error of his ways, and would accept him if he showed an appreciable change.
    He's a technologist with a doctorate in gunsmithing, and is working on a doctorate in the electrical sciences.
    His original name, Balyr Orai, roughly translated to, "large sponge."
    The name stemmed from his insatiable curiosity and retention of most anything he learned. However, he wanted to start a new life, and knew neither his tribal name, nor a translation in the common language of humans would be acceptable. He fell on Grausemann Schwamme, but most who know him well just call him Grossenschwamm.
    He currently lives in Blackroot.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I fear that I'm sort of limited in my choice of race. ;)

Name: Sariel Wormwood
    Race: Dark Elf

The Wormwood family are the foremost knights of the dark elves, traditionally the commanders of the infantry in times of war. While elven warfare relies heavily on archery and magick, it would be foolish to not hold the front line. And that's exactly what this imposing dark knight excels at.
    Schooled in the use of heavy armor and all manner of melee weapons and shields, complemented with the macabre dweomer of black necromancy and a great knowledge of field tactics and battle strategy, Sariel may very well be the greatest infrantry commander the dark elves have ever had. And that is the problem.

Things have changed in T'sen Ang. The original plan to conquer Arcanum through military might has been cast aside. He had no choice but to obey when Kan Hua requested battlepriests to infiltratee the Panarii, and M'in Gorad required his men as scouts and spies to her already extensive network. Before he knew it, his army had shrunk to only a small retinue of warriors, barely enough to take on the smallest of the dwarven clans or human cities, let alone defend T'sen Ang.

Embittered, he instructed his soldiers to defend their sacred city and rode out on a quest of his own. Surely there must be people out there, people who can handle a sword and who shares his hatred for technology?

While exploring an old cave in the Morbihan plains, he stumbled upon a legion of old skeletons, remnants of an ancient battle, their spirits still clinging to this world. They told him they were put under a great curse, that they couldn't die before they had fought one last battle. They would follow him and conquer all of Arcanum for him at his beck and call. There was only one catch - they needed dragon blood to be revived, and the last known dragon died centuries ago.

He's now travelling towards Tarant and it's library, hoping to find clues of enough dragon blood to revive and bring down technology once and for all.

4. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

Name: Pierce D'stanzler
    Race: Human

Pierce D'stanzler is a romantic and a sadist. He spends his afternoons outside at the lecture hall or zoological society. He flirts with the college girls when he is lonely, preferring not to meet them at the local hangouts. He dines out at night. When he is stuffed he comes home to fufill his obligations to the Tarant Times.

The apartment is adorned with fine artwork and exotic furniture from Blackroot. In the chest by his bed is a collection of guns left to him courtesy of his father. Each gun is crafted with milky metal and shivers with gem inlays. He worships their power; they shoot slowly but strike sharply the way that lightning does, disappearing back up into heaven.

He'll take work sometimes... killing for pleasure. Money is nothing to him, neither are allegiances; only that which heightens the sense of pleasure dictates the aim of his guns. Sometimes it seems as though a sadistic little nymph calls to him to abolish the hideous, the pathetic, and the troublesome. He serves her well and only her. Oftentimes, before the night is over, he may satisfy her through one of the girls at Madame Lil's.

5. Wolfsbane

I updated my character a little. A half-ogre, sophisticated boxer is just too good to miss.

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I need an interesting story to convince me to join.

7. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

Should the story take place before or after the crpg?

8. Wolfsbane

I'm thinking before the Living One and all that. What do you think?

9. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

i love it; has gates sold the steam engine yet?

CHAR updated

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    It would make more sense if the game took place after Bates got rich and famous, otherwise we wouldn't have this whole magick/tech thing going (if anyone has a better idea I'd be glad to hear it though)

Also, according to my character bio the dark elves are definitely up to something. :)

Does the Tarant-Cumbrian war sound like a good setting? War always attracts adventurers and soldiers of fortune, there'd be plenty of opportunities to work for either side, regardless if your aim is to gain riches or attempt to steer the magick/tech conflict in the direction you'd prefer.

11. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I am planning to join, but don't wanna post a half character here, so I will work on it a bit.

12. Wolfsbane

Maybe our story could go on simulaneously as the main plot in the game? That would also leave us with many choices of sides and paths. A lot of things are happening during the main plot, as well.

13. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

that would be cool-- this way we could use elements of the story and insert our own.

14. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I'm more into the Tarant-Cumbrian war.

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    I sense opportunities. It was during the Cumbrian war technology truly hit Arcanum. Remember the tale told by the whatshisname war veteran in Black Root? At the beginning of the war, only Tarant sharpshooters had rifles while at the end of it even green recruits had them. Meaning there was an immense surge in technological development. With so many things going in, we'd have the ideal roleplaying setting. Also, a certain dwarven clan would have disappeared rather recently and a certain rich individual is hiring private investigators to find them....

I guess that all we need now is an over-arching mainplot, as decided by the DM. And by DM I mean you, Wolfsbane. ;)

16. Wolfsbane

Oh for crying out loud. I told you I didn't want to do this. I'm no good at DM'img. Gross, what about you? You're a good writer, why don't you do this one?

17. Wolfsbane

18. Wolfsbane

Have you even been here before? Of course I'm touchy. This is the forum of touchyness.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    My apologies if the above posts look a bit retarded now, I was cleaning up some shitstains.

Can we get this ball rolling now?

20. Wolfsbane

Allright, it's rolling. But don't you think that I am going to make the plot up, because I won't.

Our Host!