Discussion for Der Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Nov 20, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Wolfbane, can I use Friedrich Schneiders description from Die Hafen?

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

3. Wolfsbane

@Gross:

I can't stop you from finding the means to cancel the seal made by Friedrich, but it would probably (and I say probably because this isn't an exact knowledge) take the magic of one as powerful as, or more powerful than, Friedrich to break it.

Why did I do this with Ismael? Not to gain an advantage, but because I wanted the classic deal with the devil in my game. My part in this is not to sabotage anything for anyone of you. Ismael is in the game to add flavour, nothing more.

Wobbler and DE (and Charonte): Are you simply waiting for the main plot or are have you quit? I'm sorry if I come off as pushy now, not my intent, but I just want to know if you're still in.

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Yea I'm still here. You can say that I'm waiting for the mainplot.

5. Arthgon

I was wondering about these things; Are we still waiting for Wobbler and DE to post in Der Hafen, or should we go on without them? Also, how does the staff (waiters, etc.) and the other patrons react against Shaw? Do they attack him, defending us or run in fear? And they completly under your control, right?

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Do Malach have super senses as well as strength and speed, like in the movie Prophecy?

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I'm getting my post up in a few hours.

8. Charonte

Charonte Member

I'm still interested, just started a new job (I.T Tech at a local school, I have about 4 weeks to lay traps before the children return...) & have been waiting for an appropriate moment to join in, main plot or no.

9. Wolfsbane

@Arthgon: We'll continue. They are free to join in anytime them want. And the waiters will not fight. You can use them as you like, though. If you feel like using Shaw as well, for something small that is, you may.

@ytzk: Malach have superior senses in comparison to humans.

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Just some extra fluff for my character:- He's not so warm and fuzzy as he seems. He has three hearts, figuratively speaking, three tiers of desire.

One, he shows to everyone: Courtesy, tolerance and adaptability.
    Two, he only shows his closest friends and family: Conquer China.
    Three, he shows to no-one: Conquer death itself.

Therefore, because of his obsessions with immortality and power he intends to (i) offer Adams a lucrative bodyguard job, as the first step toward an undead army to seize the dragon throne; and (ii) to learn from Shaw as much as he can... Shaw is an old man, but he kicked Ismael's arse easily. Beneath his patrician facade, Chan is drooling with the thought of such power.

11. Arthgon

Charonte: I wanted to say that my character Alex is not naive, far from it.

12. Charonte

Charonte Member

That may be the case, but my characters perception of Alex is as such. Call it racial bias if you want.

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You just made a deal with a demon, Arthgon. That's a bit naive.

14. Arthgon

Ah. Alex has not done that out of naivity (sp?). She did this for a couple of reasons;

1) Now Ismael could not do anything hostile, or try to stop her. Perhaps he even kept her from harm. (well, she is not that sure about the last thing.)

2) Keep your friends close, but your enemies (if he is/was one.) even closer.

3) Yes, Alex has to do a favor for him, (she keep her promise in case of the bound that was made by Schneider.), but there is always a way to deal with this sort of thing.

Perhaps she will try to manipulate Ismael so that she could help him to get even with Shaw. I know that Ismael is very eager to do something against this magician. Because thanks to him, he is in deep trouble now.

Also, which healing spells are useable or possible? What about potions, scrolls and magical items? (non artifacts)

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, it's the solstice, and nearly xmas, and a full moon. I can appreciate that there will be a break in this game for a while.

Right in the middle of the action, I'm agog. Agog, I say.

16. Arthgon

Just wondering something, are we going to wait just after Christmas to get into action again, or sooner?

Charonte: How well does Adam speaks German, and how well does he know the ways of the SS or the German army?

Wolfbane: Does the Malach speak every language or only the ones that they have learned? In addition, can you make your own potions, scrolls and normal magical items, and are there any restrictions on which exist, you can make and use as well?

17. Charonte

Charonte Member

Adams is a looter, not a soldier. He only wears the uniform to get passed patrols more easily and knows nothing of the actual army. His German is pretty good (though his accent still shines through a little) mostly because, you know, he's been living in Berlin for around 40 years.

I'm also a little suprised that we're taking a break right now but I guess it's up to other players to push things forward a little.

18. Wolfsbane

Never said we were taking a break. Just waited for the other players to respond.

@Arthgon:

You can create magic items, yes. Remember though that this probably is a very difficult practice which takes long year of experience to master, and that rare ingredients are needed to create said magic items. Just don't make them too powerful or otherwise boring to the game.

19. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Sorry to be impatient. I was referring to the other players, I knew you were giving them a chance.

I hope my last post is not too long or busy, I made a lot of assumptions. Tell me if I need to change anything.

20. Charonte

Charonte Member

No, it was fine. Making assumptions is a good thing in moderation as it saves other people from responding to your requests without anything else to add to the game.

Our Host!