Die Hafen, Act II

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Aug 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Potiri saw Ky'Nareth, their guide, and his master Samiel waiting in the clearing.

Oi! We're goin' intho the casthle now, so 'urry! Lasth chance!
    He heard the scout scream. With this shout rining in his hear he whisperd a few words and suddenly flew out into the clearing and landed on his feets.

The others better hurry up or we might have to leave without them. he said carefully watching the forest surounding them.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Uriel tapped Potiri on the shoulder.
    Were you going to leave me behind?
    Uriel chuckled, and drew Potiri's attention to Jared and Aerth, who had just made it through the gate.
    Well, now that everyone's here, why don't we see to getting that key?
    Uriel looked back at the closing gate just long enough to see the pack of hell hounds gather in front of it. They looked very disappointed, but the lead hound seemed to pick up on something else struggling through the forest.
    Hmm...must be some lost souls...they won't "be" for long.

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Samiel was still having trouble talking to people here, as they kept averting their eyes and avoiding conversation.

Why wont any of you talk to me? I just want to find Socrates and ask him a question? Cant you see that I'm not here to hurt you?, his voice had taken on a somewhat threatening tone and he was gritting his teeth and furrowing his brow somewhat menacingly. Obviously hiding his emotions wasn't something he practiced often.

Finally, a man in a white toga appoached Samiel, made a deep bow before him, and spoke softly, Please most honorable Angel, we mean no offense but it is our sacred law that we do not interact with the inhabitants here..., and he pointed a trembling hand toward a white marble tablet with words inlaid with gold.

Who are you, and where can I find Socrates? Direct me to him, and then we shall leave.

I am Aether, a humble writer. I am sorry, but I do not know of this Socrates... He started at the ground in submission.

Samiel wanted to smite this person badly, but the laws decreed that none of those held here were allowed to be touched, lest they face the wrath of Him. He stode off in disgust toward the tablet in search of answers.

4. wobbler

Potiri got taped on his should and heard Uriel speak.

Were you going to leave me behind?

When this word where said, Potiri shrug his shoulders.

Those that fall behind are left behind
    he said and turned to look at the one that Samiel spoke to. Then he looked around to see what the other party member did.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Ky'Nareth strode past his master, and waved an arm as a signal for the rest of the group to follow. He didn't need to ask the citizens of this area where Socrates were; he knew that him-bloody-self. He was supriced, too, that his master didn't know.

Alrighth, yer loth, he said, and pointed at one of the greater towers of the castle, We're goin' up there, so yer bethther stharth flyin' or yer'll have tho climb, 'cus we aren'th goin' in from b'low, ahn thath's a facth...

The imp sped off past the citizens, who mumbled irritatingly as he bumped past them. He came to the tower-wall, and started running up it. You had to be able to do so, if you wanted to be the master-scout in Hell.

He came to a small window, and entered, vanishing from the others sight.

Soon, two guards fell through the window. The castle erupted in panic.

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

"Sooo, just a little more exactly, who are you? Not your name, since you told me what your name is, but more about your history, things you have seen and similar...or am I going too fast? I'm not so good at this "conversation" thing..."

Liz thought for a little while.

"I think all you need to know is my name, and that I'm hunting Jack Shaw. I don't like talking about myself, and especially not to strangers."

7. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

"Oh... okey... then I must apologize and continue with my "relaxing". I really hope you can forgive me if I were to fast with my questions..." He wasn't sure want kind of reaction he would get, so he could prepare for anything. Because of that, he was a little bit chocked, partly because of the womans reaction but mostly of his own reaction. Chock, another feeling he couldn't remember. This new thing started to scare him a little...

He closed his eyes and thought of nothing. Or, he tried to think of nothing. It was quite hard, even thou he was an undead. To many new impressions, to many things have changed. This had happen only once before. Stress. He could just hope it didn't turn out as it did the last time.

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Curious little imp...
    Uriel followed up the wall of the castle, and entered the window.
    The cacophony in the resulting room was beyond words...but that's merely an expression.
    I'm sure you know where to find our man, Ky'Nareth. I follow your lead.
    This was taking too long. They couldn't fool around any more; there were eyes watching them as they passed, no doubt reporting to some higher power.
    Uriel followed the imp as best he could, considering it could simply run under the guards and people in the castle.
    The group approached a modest looking man, albeit one with a great sense of burden and wisdom behind his eyes.
    Socrates?

9. Wolfsbane

Ky'nareth eyed the man Uriel had pointed at, and the shook hid head.

No, thath's noth our man. 'Es in 'ere!

And with that, the imp tackled a robust looking door. The door flew up, revealing a great hall with only one interesting thing in it. The room was completely empty, except for a chair in the middle.
    A man was sitting on the chair.

Why have you come? The man asked, without even raising his head. He looked as someone locked in deep thoughts. He looked like if he was in pain.

10. wobbler

Potiri had followed Uriel up to the castle and through the window and stood in the background, as much you can be in the background when you are 10 feet tall and got wings of fire, waiting to see what Uriel would answer to that, or anyone else for that fact. He didn't feel as he could say what they where doing fully as he had joined them in Hell and not on Earth when this whoel "expedition" started.

11. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Samiel walked into the room, having chosen to walk up the cold stairs.
    Socrates, an honor to finally meet you. My name is Samiel and we have come for the Key.

Socrates stood up and carefully looked at each person in the tower with him, and when his gaze finally fell upon Samiel, it felt as if he was looking inside of him, trying to uncover his motivations. The honor is all mine, Samiel. But I am afraid that the Gates of Cerberus are not to be opened, for to do so would expose the upper levels to the middle level of Hell. This could unleash untold sorrows on those who did not deserve such punishments, and allow those who commited horrible crimes to escape their just punishments. This, I do not want to see, and that is why I was entrusted with this Key so long ago with instructions to keep it for eternity. I was to release it for only one reason....

12. wobbler

Potiri stood quietly when Samiel stepped forward and spoke;
    Socrates, an honor to finally meet you. My name is Samiel and we have come for the Key.

And Socrates answerd,The honor is all mine, Samiel. But I am afraid that the Gates of Cerberus are not to be opened, for to do so would expose the upper levels to the middle level of Hell. This could unleash untold sorrows on those who did not deserve such punishments, and allow those who commited horrible crimes to escape their just punishments. This, I do not want to see, and that is why I was entrusted with this Key so long ago with instructions to keep it for eternity. I was to release it for only one reason....

At this point he stepped forward and changed back to his human form, a middle aged man in a black robe with a book and sword at his side.

Then Socrates, listen to the reason that made Demons and Angel work togheter and go down to hell to ask for the key that should forever be locked away. Im leaving the telling of the story to those who has followed this "quest" of our from the start, but i asume you know Jack Shaw?
    Potiri finished with a smile, then stepping back to let the others speak.

13. Wolfsbane

Ky'Nareth had just had somewhat enough of these demons and angels around him. He found them frustrating, always trying to impress on eachother or on the person they met. Why couldn't they just get to the point?
    He poked Potiri as hard as he could in his behind with his one horn, and started screaming.

Oh, come ON! Yer dafth basthards, can'th ye justh speed up a lil', eh? The faith of the world is in yer hands, and ye throuwhs ith away ohn empthy sthuffz like smilin' ahn greethin' and whath ever. GETH THO THE POINTH ALREADY!

The imp stepped backwards, almost certain now of his own destruction. He managed to squeek a faint little sentance, though:

Ahn, besides, I wanna geth back tho them sinnahs ahn eath their hearths outh... They're quithe thaysthy...

14. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The cacaophony of Ky'Nareth shattered the silence, and was further disrupted by his prodding a demon. The foul imp was right, but needed to be educated regardless, and so he lifted his fist and clonked him square on the head, causing the noxious fellow to crumple to the floor.

Socrates, we have come for the Key because the fate of the world is at hand. Someone even now threatens all of our very existences. We must act now, and the only way to for us to save our world and everything in it, is dependant on us having that key.

Socrates watched Samiel for some time, and then studied the key for a moment before coming to a conclusion. "This key, you would not use it to unleash the hell below?"

No.

"And you would lock the door behind you?"

Yes.

A minute passed, then another in silence. Finally, "Very well, but on one condition, you must return the key to me before you continue on your mission."

If I am able, or another in my stead, then I give you my word and am Honor bound., he stated, and gave a slight flourish to emphasize his point. Socrates handed the Key to Samiel, and then departed without another word.

There's no time to waste. We have no idea what Shaw is doing right now, so we need to hurry if we are to stop him. Those of us with wings should carry those without down to the third level of Hell, where we'll try to reason with Cerberous. He then started moving towards one of the windows of the tower.

Our Host!