Der Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Nov 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Tomorrow it is, then. And I assure you, he won't try anything.

Another sip of wine.

As for herr Kant... He works alone most of the time. He's cunning, much more so than you'd think if you met him, and while it is his greatest strength it is probably also his greatest weakness. He knows he is cunning, you see, and sometimes overestimates himself. He is currently in charge of several operations in Berlin, some under the supervision of the SS and some under the supervision of... others.

Ismael picked up the two pictures and studied them shortly.

Yes, I've seen them. They're in Kants custody.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It all went wrong. I watched transfixed in my seat as Friedrich sealed the geas on Ismael and the young woman. Chan had implored me to save the young woman. She had no idea what I let her do. She was bound to that fallen one, by my lack of conception. Now that he has fulfilled his part of the deal,
    he only awaits a convenient time to collect his due.
    But perhaps there is a way to save her...! (OOC Seriously, is there a way to foil your nefarious deed or is it as I assume, done? I guess I let it happen because I was curious. I wanted to see something like that happen, and I let it interfere with my roleplay. Well, the story hasn't happened yet/)
    Doctor, your mercy exceeds my own. Had the woman been in your hands, as they were mine, we might not have seen such a deal sealed.(OOC I personally know the good doctor tried to save her, but my character doesn't know that. That makes this funny./)

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

"Venerable One," Chan replies with a warm smile. "What terrible power is the Will of Man that it contends with Heaven and Angels." He chuckles.

"Choices are made and lessons will be learnt. Such is the will of heaven, no?"

More solemnly, he adds, "Besides, evil always carries the seed of its own destruction. Let us wait and see." He smiles. "More tea?"

Edited: minor corrections.

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Tomorrow it is, then. And I assure you, he won't try anything.

“Maybe not, but you could never be sure.”

He took another sip of wine, and spoke again.

As for herr Kant... He works alone most of the time. He's cunning, much more so than you'd think if you met him, and while it is his greatest strength it is probably also his greatest weakness. He knows he is cunning, you see, and sometimes overestimates himself. He is currently in charge of several operations in Berlin, some under the supervision of the SS and some under the supervision of... others.

“Okay. What does he look like? Do you know what for kind of operations? And what do you mean by supervision of others?”

Alex handed the pictures to Ismael and he began to study them.

Yes, I've seen them. They're in Kants custody.

“Ah. How are they treated? You have seen them...where? Are they being used for something? Because like you said they are special prisoners.”

5. Wolfsbane

Some of his operations are common SS assignments. Management of prisoners, intelligence for the surviving bands of soldiers in Berlin, supervision of attacks and such. Other assignments include less orthodox tasks. Paranormal studies, for example. And paranormal warfare. These special operations are not always sanctioned or even issued by the Reich. There are many players in this game that we call the "second world war", and some of them are Others.

Kant himself is quite similar to me. We are of the same size, but he has more masculine features. Also, his hair is shorter than mine, as is normal in the army.

The door opened and closed, and Ismael froze on the spot. That presence... It had been quite some time since he had last felt it, but he remembered it as if it had been yesterday. Instinctively, he got up from his chair and spun around to face the entrance, knocking his bottle over in the process. A fraction of a second later, he had drawn his luger.

But there was nobody there.

Still, he could sence him in the room. He knew he couldn't possibly be wrong about this. He was in there with them. Shaw was in there with them, somewhere.

On your feet, Malach, Ismael said in their own most ancient of tounges. We have an unwanted visitor.

6. Arthgon

Some of his operations are common SS assignments. Management of prisoners, intelligence for the surviving bands of soldiers in Berlin, supervision of attacks and such. Other assignments include less orthodox tasks. Paranormal studies, for example. And paranormal warfare. These special operations are not always sanctioned or even issued by the Reich. There are many players in this game that we call the "second world war", and some of them are Others.

Kant himself is quite similar to me. We are of the same size, but he has more masculine features. Also, his hair is shorter than mine, as is normal in the army.

Just as Ishmael had spoken about Herr Kant, the door opened and closed. But it seems that nobody came inside. The only reasonable explanation that Alex can think of now that someone was using an invisible spell to enter undetected.

Alex saw that Ishmael, who first made no movement, suddenly got up and drawn his luger. This sudden movement knocked the bottle off the table as well. Now noticing that danger was at hand, she stood up and cast the spell that could protect her from harm.

"We got invisible company, watch out!" she said to warn the others.

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

On your feet, Malach, Ismael said in their own most ancient of tounges. We have an unwanted visitor.
    That presence...but where was he? If I could just...
    We got invisible company, watch out!
    Ah, good, I don't need to warn the Doctor, but still;
    Can you feel him, Doctor? Best to be on your guard.
    I close my eyes to focus my non-visual perceptions, but he's doubtlessly aware that we know he's here, so he may be compensating for that by staying completely still. The presence hasn't changed, so my theory may be correct.
    Asazel spoke in the most ancient of tongues;I know of the man we face, I know he is dangerous, but I've not faced him before. What's his strategy? Can I stop him with an M1911 Pistol?

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

The superior man hides his weapons in the grass, and therefore he does not need them. *tung*

Chan sips his tea, savouring the hot, bitter brew. His eyes are nearly closed and he seems blissfully unaware. In the intense stillness, he stands slowly and carefully, and makes his way to the frozen band members. With a nod he borrows the double bass and lays it flat, sitting before it on the stage and playing it like a samiset. Without re-tuning he starts to pluck the strings... a buzzing, clicking melody fills the silence like a swarm of bees.

[OOC - Maybe characters with super-hearing could use the music as sonar to echo-locate Shaw?]

9. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Samil were just about to call the Waiter for a refill when the doors suddenly popped open. Even though noone entered, Samil knew he would have to fight. He stood up before most of the visitors even realised the door had been opened. His colt was in his hand instantly and he were ready to act, with the revolver resting at his right shoulder.

I hear you brother, Samil replied, slowly making his way To Ismael, so they could cover each other. This day wont end well.

10. Charonte

Charonte Member

Adams was pissed, he had spent the day travelling towards the eastern end of Berlin in search of a gentleman's mansion he once frequented - the journey had cost three pairs of boots, not an insignificant amount of ammunition and not to mention the SS uniform he was wearing, which was now so littered with bullet holes that any encounter with the local military would likely be less than friendly.

Worse than that was the lack of a return on today's efforts, the mansion itself had already been stripped bare and Adams had found nothing more than a few worthless trinkets, which were easily picked off by the homeless street urchins who somehow survived in this hellhole. Still, perhaps one of the regulars of Der Hafen would know of a more suitable spot for his pilfering and with that exact thought in mind, the Sharpshooter took a sharp left into the door of an open building.

Once inside, it seemed that the entirety of the world had turned against him. Between the latino girl, the two fallen and singular angelic Malach all facing Adams it would appear that the majority of cultures and powers that be were united in their hatred of walking corpses and the addition of two pistols pointing towards his torso almost guaranteed that this was going to be a less than welcoming conversation. Only the small asian man sitting near the stage seemed to have no vested interest in the affair, simply plucking the strings of his instrument.

Alright.
    Said the American in his quintiessential American accent, slowly unhooking a scoped Karabiner 98K from his back and leveling it towards the only other SS officer in the room, whom he recognised from previous visits to the club.
    What the fuck is going on?

11. Wolfsbane

Shut up, Ismael said, his eyes scanning the surroundings rather than looking at the man he was speaking to, this does not concern you.

Or, a voice suddenly said from somewhere in the room, it does, since he's here too. Pompous fucking Mala-

At that point, Ismael opened fire. The bullets fired hit something which looked like thin air, but deflected as soon as they hit whatever it really was. A moment later, Ismael recieved a powerful blow to the head.

Thats! Not! Very! Nice! The voice said and hit Ismael at every word for emphasis. Finally, who- or whatever it was delivered a kick hard enough to send Ismael flying into the bar which erupted in an explosion of alcohol, shattered glass and fragments of wood.

As I said, the voice continued, now from a different possition in the room, pompous fucking Malach. Who do you think you are anyway? Now, before any of you decides to play tough guy like silly little Ismael here just did, I would like to state my business. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to speak with Schneider. So, with that said, could somebody go and fetch him for me please?

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*tung* The music stops awkwardly.

"Whom shall we say is asking?" Chan speaks loudly, using his gruff, alpha-male voice. "Are you an assassin or a guest? Where are your manners?!"

A trio of waiters aren't waiting for introductions, they rush into the back room to summon Schneider, delayed only by a three-stooges-moment in the doorway.

Chan idly plucks a few strings as he waits, seemingly willing to wait forever, but inwardly he is poised for any action.

13. Arthgon

Alex was truly surprised, how easy it was for the intruder to defeat a Malach like Ismael. It was also very disturbing to see how those bullets were deflected like they were nothing. Damn. This is going to be more difficult than she first thought.

"Think, Alex, think! There's got to be a good way to solve this!" Alex mumbled to herself while she tried to pinpoint the exact location of the whereabouts of the intruder. Perhaps...

"Whom shall we say is asking? Are you an assassin or a guest? Where are your manners?!" The Chinaman said with a loud voice.

"What if I keep him talking, so that it would be more easy for me and the others to locate his whereabouts. I hope that the others gets it, and do this as well."

"Yes, do tell us what your name is. And how did you knew that he is Ismael? Or do you know almost everyone here?"

"Perhaps you really should ask your "companions" if I know them. For I know some of you. Yes, I know them well.

Now your second question intrigued me deeply. My beautiful Latina, you really don't know who I am? Nevertheless, you will know and learn to fear me. What's taken Schneider so long to be here. (OOC: I hope this is okay, because I was not that sure how to portrait Shaw. /OOC)

Edit: Fixed grammar, etc.

14. Wolfsbane

Friedrich entered the room, his face as if cut from stone.

Ah! The great Friedrich Schneider! I finally get to mee-

Enough, Friedrich said and waved his hand in the direction of the voice. A man appeared where there had previously been nothing. The man looked like a bum; his clothes were torn and dirty, as was his hair. He carried a backpack of some sort, filled to the point of bursting with what looked like sheets of paper and small trinkets.

What do you want?

Friedrich! This is Shaw you're dealing with! Ismael interrupted, back on his feet, He can't be here! We must kill him!

No. I have no quarrel with him, and you attacked him first. You broke the rules, Ismael. I will deal with you later. Now, what did you wan-

This is unacceptable! Ismael said and started moving towards the two men with purpose in his eyes.

I said, Friedrich roared, I will deal with you later! Now sit down!

One of the chairs in the establishment flew through the air to catch Ismael as he was sent back from Friedrich in a powerful surge of magic. He landed in the chair perfectly and seemed to freeze on the spot, as if paralyzed.

You don't have to ask me again, Schneider, Shaw said and nodded to Ismael, Nice work with the Malach, by the way. Now, what I want is this: the password to you-know-where. Give it to me and there won't be any trouble.

The owner of Der Hafen said nothing for a while, his face locked in a thoughtful frown.

No, he finally said, No, you can't have it.

Oh boy, Shaw said and sighed, Have it your way then.

Everybody out, now.

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Everybody out, now.

Eep! Chan rises and heads for the door with a surprising turn of speed and economy of movement. As he passes Alexandra he takes her gently but firmly by the arm and leads her away with him.

"I'll explain outside," he says to her. "Quickly now, please."

In the dark alley outside he turns to her and speaks rapidly.

"There's little time, you must listen: Inside that room are the two greatest magicians of our age, and they are about to fight. We would be safer with the curfew patrol and the bombs."

"Remember: Never attack a position of strength, instead seek out the weaknesses, like water flowing around a rock."
    *tung*

He eyes the doorway warily and moves to the opposite side of the lane.
    Where is the undead warrior? He thinks. We need him.
    In a fight among mages, the undead change the rules considerably.
    If I could only get hold of Shaw's backpack! What secrets it might contain!

16. Charonte

Charonte Member

Adams figured it was about time to leave, though he would have enjoyed watching the fireworks he did not wish to piss off Schneider and have a future visit to the club greeted by 6 Negroes with meat cleavers waiting to hack his ancient corpse into pieces and disperse them across the continent. Again.

Still, it would be nice to know a little more about the combatants that were about to ruin the sharpshooter's favourite club in Berlin - that small asian gentleman seemed reasonably well collected and had just left the building in the company of that rather naive looking latino girl. Simple enough.

With that, the American casually crossed the way, rifle-over-shoulder, and approached the rather unusual couple.
    I still haven't been told what the fuck is going on, said Adams as he shrugged his shoulder ever so slightly.

17. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Chan laughs at the American zombie's bad manners. He has to treat it like a joke, because he doesn't know how else to deal with it.

"Kind sir," he bows, deeply. "I'm afraid we've chosen a bad night to relax at Der Hafen. I don't know why this is happening but, well... Would you be interested in some protection work? I can offer you..." He counts out several crisp notes from his wallet, "800 Reichmarks now, and a further 2000 if you can see us safely to my lodgings tonight...?" He smiles expectantly.

"Oh,"
    he adds, as though it's an afterthought. "And you can name your price if you can get me anything from that tramp's backpack."

[OOC - By all means feel free to force me into the action, guys. Although I want to dive right in, it would be out of character to do so.]

18. Charonte

Charonte Member

Adams flashes a toothy towards the small patrician in front of him.

Quite a princely some for a couple hours work he said in an almost questioning tone.
    We have a deal then. And I'm ready for that 800 whenever you're ready to hand it over. added Adams, this time somewhat demeaning.
    But as for the backpack, I'm sorry friend but I'm not going to risk an incident with Schneider unless you want to go in first and smooth things over He flashes yet another grin at the gentleman.

Oh, and who are you anyway?

19. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

"Ah, yes! My name is Doctor Chan, at your disposal." He bows and hands over more than 800. This is obviously a ridiculously high amount, but Chan does not acknowledge Adams' query.

He waits for Alexandra and Adams to introduce themselves.

"Well, perhaps we should just wait over here for a moment, I'm sure this unpleasantness will turn out to be nothing."

He moves further down the lane, just in case the door is blown off its hinges, and under the cover of a nearby doorway, in case of falling schrapnel.

Edited: To a colour no-one else is using.

20. Arthgon

Outside of the club, Alex noticed that the atmosphere there was not even better. It was still bloody cold, dreary and gloomy out here. Well. At least the rain has stopped...for now. Thank God, that she wore warmer clothes now.

"There's little time, you must listen: Inside that room are the two greatest magicians of our age, and they are about to fight. We would be safer with the curfew patrol and the bombs."

"Remember: Never attack a position of strength, instead seek out the weaknesses, like water flowing around a rock." *tung*

“Yes, I have noticed that he is powerful. Shaw. Now that you mention it, his name rings suddenly some bell, because I think my grandfather told me once about him when I was young. I cannot remember a lot of it, but I do know for sure that it has something to do with Hell. “

She saw that the Chinaman walked to the opposite side of the lane.

“In addition, have not you noticed that Ismael definitely knows this Shaw, and by the looks of your table partner he knows him as well. That means that they know more of this.“

I still haven't been told what the fuck is going on. the undead said as he approached them.

The Chinaman began to laugh and responded patiently.

"Kind sir, I'm afraid we've chosen a bad night to relax at Der Hafen. I don't know why this is happening but, well... Would you be interested in some protection work? I can offer you 800 Reichmarks now, and a further 2000 if you can see us safely to my lodgings tonight...?" He asked the undead while counting his money.

“Strange, why is he suddenly out of the blue offering this undead a bodyguard job, while we both are seasoned wizards? I know that we are not standing a chance against Shaw, but we both know how to deal with those German or Russian soldiers.“

"Oh, And you can name your price if you can get me anything from that tramp's backpack. “

“Ah. That’s very interesting. Perhaps I should keep my eyes on him.”

Quite a princely some for a couple hours work. We have a deal then. And I'm ready for that 800 whenever you're ready to hand it over. But as for the backpack, I'm sorry friend but I'm not going to risk an incident with Schneider unless you want to go in first and smooth things over. Oh, and who are you anyway? “

"Ah, yes! My name is Doctor Chan, at your disposal." and handed over the money.

"My name is Alexandra, or Alex if you want to do that. "

"Well, perhaps we should just wait over here for a moment, I'm sure this unpleasantness will turn out to be nothing." Chan said as he moves out of the way of the door.

Alex followed him, because she got the feeling that something is about to happen.

"Doctor Chan. I don't think that the Schneider-Shaw situation is over.

Edit: Fixed grammar, etc.

Our Host!