Custom Creature Tutorial incomming

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by The Pigeon, Jul 15, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

For anyone who's interested I'm making a tutorial on how to make your own custom creatures using dbmaker, hex and files extracted from one of the Arcanum dats.

Will have it done sometime in the next week or so (building my own mod at the same time and having much fun with talking encounters on the world map :) ).

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how your mod shapes up - it sounds like you're putting in a great deal of effort to incorporate lots of unique features - and your tutorials are a benefit to the whole community. In other words, well done.

3. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Thank you very much :) I am glad to be of help!

I always wanted to have a random encounters with creatures you could talk your way past which I have recently done, so that is left for me to learn is custom items, schematics and inventories.

With my module, I've made the world, most of the starting town, a couple of the gates between land masses, 2 monster locals and a simple quest. The hardest part of continuing writing the tutorial currently is the desire to keep making my module since so many things have been coming together :p

But I shall get it done and once finished, most of what someone might want to do in Arcanum should be covered either in Amtut, the edit docs or my tutorials.

Our Host!