Corrupt saves problem

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Solaris, Aug 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I have reinstalled Arcanum today, patched it with 1.0.7.4 and tried playing. The problem is that save files get corrupt very quickly- something that never happened to me after installing the patch. So I am trying to figure out the problem.
    The only thing I can think of is that when I played Arcanum before, I did not have Fallout Tactics installed on the same computer. Is it possible that the two games are "not compatible", and that it is the FOT's fault that my Arcanum saves get screwed up?

2. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

are you saying that your save games from before the patch don't work anymore or that any new save games you make get screwed up or both

I can't imagine why fot would interfere with arcanum unless you were running both at the same time
    I would try the repair option in the install disk and see if that fixes it

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I started playing AFTER I have installed the patch. The autosave got corrupt by the time I reached Black Root, normal save files got corrupt soon after that.

4. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

should have read your post more thouroughly - my fault
    Possible mod or hack interference. I don't know what else it might be except just a bad install in the first place. I still don't see tactics causing the problem

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I eventually found that I was getting Corrupted Saves from shutting down or exiting the program to quickly. I can't explain why, but if I waited a little while after saving before shutting down I stopped getting corrupted games.

6. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, for a long time it was just Alt+4 [enter] for me.

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Ok some more observations on newly discovered bugs (which, strangely enough, I did not have before when installing from the same CD and patching).

When opening barrels, the circle in the upper left corner that allows you to click "back to reality" appears as a non-framed square rather than as a framed circle.

"Repair" function on the disc does not seem to help.

Our Host!