Chris Beddoe's mod

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the mod so far, except for two things:
    1: Helena said she'd mark Shady Grove on my map, but didn't.
    2: Anytime I pick a lock or attack a candle, Virgil shouts, "This is our friend," and everyone hates me a little bit more. Helena especially hates me--after two lockpickings, she was at -1010. I can't be friends with every inanimate object in Arcanum.

2. kcwong

kcwong New Member

3: There seems to be MUCH MUCH more encounters on map travel. I was trying to get to Ashbury from Tarant, but cannot travel 2cm on screen without hitting an encounter. Challenging? Sure, to my new low level party. But quite annoying too.

4: The new NPC you found on the crash site has some bugs. She'd go fear/crazy if a fight goes around her without her being either side of the battle. e.g. Taking Vrigil with you and engage the kite scount outside the house, or the scripted fight in the Gentlemen's Clubhouse in Tarant. I had to leave her in Tarant.

5: There seems to be a new type of encounter: Talking orcs. It's fine to get orc merchants/trainers outside city, but when a group of them appears, they'll all trying to talk to you. You end conversation with one orc, the other orc will start a new one immediately. All you can do now, is to load a save. Major blocker bug.

6. I found an NPC in Blackroot. As I walked to the mayor's estate, she appears on the upper-right corner of the screen. She rushed to me and the text moves so fast that I can't read any of them except one line - "Help me find blah blah blah of the gods". I seems to get one ring from somewhere that said it's from some god and it'll increase Dex but actually do nothing. And the NPC won't say anything meaningful, just keep following me around. There's no quest entry either. And when my party rented a room at the inn, she rushed in and attacked me. I killed her and found her to be the most evil creature I killed - even more evil than the bandits outside Blackroot. Wow.

7. Is there any new place to visit that is intended for low level parties? All the new locations are filled with high level creatures (30+ in Dernholm sewers) or covered with traps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please uninstall CBArcanum 1 .

rename the C:\Sierra\Arcanum\data folder.

If you do this most of these things will magically go away.

CBArcanum1 + CbArcanum2 big trouble :)

Just rename the data folder.

----
    chrisbeddoes

4. backstabber

backstabber New Member

chris can u explain how the "set items" work???
    currently i have found a few rings: alberich, makaal,terel(sp?)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to gravedig, but Chris did you remove the Azaram's star quest? I had the location marked on my map, but it was nowhere to be found, when I looked up the co-ordinates, nothing was there.

6. freddy1022838

freddy1022838 New Member

I am having a lot of fun on the famous Car Arcanum Mod and i have the newest version of it but I HAVE NO CAR!!!!! where do you get it? Please help. I am pretty sure this is sposed to be a suprise? but yeah losing my mind i have been playing this thing for a long time.

I dont know if anyone has asked this question yet, i hope not.

I am pretty sure that i have everything loaded in correctly.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

And i would also like to applaud chris on his outstanding mod!!!!!!!!

If anyone would like to answer me off the forum please email me at Freddy1022838@yahoo.com

7. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Wow, one year, I'd say thats a bit much even in this forum :p

8. freddy1022838

freddy1022838 New Member

Wow this is an old forum woops sorry my bad although i am still in need of help

9. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

you could try to PM the author...

10. freddy1022838

freddy1022838 New Member

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    PM is short for private message. Click on the small white square to the left of the button labelled "profile" at the bottom of his posts to compose one.

Our Host!