Choosing DarkElven path + alternative ending

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Gildorn, Jun 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Well, for sake or order, why not to keep the threads as they are? I started this thread and it has become something else, but no matter - no offense meant to you.

Just why people don't start new threads so that they avoid chaos within the forum? If third party is interested in something we write about, they won't find it where it should be.

That's all, folks. :)

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I can see how a wandering topic would make The House frustrating for a newcomer to navigate, but that's just how The House operates. As far as I can tell, the derailing of topics is not deliberate.

3. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Well, on the other hand, it's quite fun. Ok then, proceed at yer leisure guys. :)

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I don't know I think that was a perfectly adequate response in the other thread, it's perhaps the most blatant reference you can find in the whole game. I know I lolled when I read what Drog Alt had put.

5. TheDavisChanger

I still chuckle over the We-all-knew-about-this-for-at-least-10-years bit. It's the sarcastic follow-up that is unwelcoming.

6. Jojobobo

I don't know, it is called for a little. You'd think that before posting up something that you think is brand new information you'd run a search to determine if that is in fact true. It was the way they so matter of factly stated it too - like they thought this would be a revelation that would awe people - that was a bit irksome. I know if I was to make a thread about something like that - which I have done recently here - I'd always put something along the lines of "I'm sorry if people knew about this already, but I thought it was cool so I wanted to share it" instead of just assuming that a forum dedicated to a game, a game that has been out for nearly 10 years, is full of people so ignorant that they wouldn't be able to pick up on the most simplistic of references in all that time. And I know he's a new member and all, and those comments are off putting, but c'mon that was pretty dumb.

7. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

Being a newbie, I have recently read the FAQ. It states quite a few times that we are not to expect sunshine, lollipops and roses from the community here. Especially if we're being stupid.

8. TheDavisChanger

I concede that the search is an underused feature of The House and that a quick use of it would have revealed just how much this topic had already been covered.
    Obviously the written word is open to interpretation and my interpretation of Aletheian's post does not include the slightest hint of hubris. Aletheian's observations were presented matter-of-factly because they are facts. Additionally, I don't think it should be necessary to introduce one's posts with an "I'm sorry if you already know this." As a courteous contributor, be humble about what you present, but there is no need to kowtow.
    Drog Alt's follow-up was not called for. It was rude at best and derisive at worst.

9. Jojobobo

I suppose you may be right that I'm reading too much into the tone of their post. And maybe Drog Alt was being a bit strong, but really it does seem like a lot of people on this forum frequently insult each other in jest, I don't know why it should be any different for a newcomer. You'd think they'd have a look around to see how people interact here before becoming a member, and therefore should know what to expect in the terms of responses they get from people. Furthermore they'd already posted up about the Robert A. Heinlein Reference and received praise for their good spot, they'll probably appreciate the fact that it's swings and roundabouts here and not take it too personally.

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Everytime you post, I die a little on the inside.

11. Jojobobo

Whoa that's a bit personal! What's the harm is responding to what other people are saying about Drog Alt's responses? Or is this a lazy attempt at wit and irony?

12. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

I think being here since 2005 as DarkFool is, makes the one feel like grampy. Maybe he is tired of seeing countless new and new threads with more countless responses and would like to rest from it all.
    Like ol' Nasrudin, perhaps?

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Well this section is open to Arcanum 2 suggestions and people aren't fans of the whole 10 year grave digs apparently.

14. Jojobobo

Still it was quite personal, I can tell when I'm not wanted! Fastens the noose around neck... tips the chair back and forth to make sure it's wobbly and...

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Actually, I've had this account since 2005. I've been posting here since 2003, with mild intermissions where I was banned.

Where's a ten year gravedig?

Our Host!