Choice of Broadsides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charonte, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Should really have a 'who wants a game' thread...

Anyway, found this whilst browsing another forum recently; it's a little text adventure set in a fictional world based on the same era as Napoleon. Only downside is that it's too goddamn short.

Naturally, it'll give you a score once you've finished - here's my first playthrough:
    [​IMG]

http://www.choiceofgames.com/broadsides/

2. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Saw this on the Bay12Forums awhile back. It's pretty great. I heard they were going to make more (this is their second choose your own adventure, after Choice of the Dragon). Have they done so already?

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I heard broadsides and though this was a thread about Warhammer 40k. I'm disappointed now.

4. Charonte

Charonte Member

There are a couple of others on their site, the only other one made by them being Romance. I've only tried Paranoia, but that was pretty great as well.

http://www.choiceofgames.com/

Broadsides is without a doubt my favourite so far, I half a mind to steal the concept and develop it further on some cheap hosting, it's not overly complex (being just a tonne of nested statements) and besides adding more scenarios you could set up high scores and whatnot. Wouldn't take *that* long, though I did say that about an arcanum sequel which is now waiting on my harddrive for me to be bothered to make a demo package.

Dragon was okay, but it did feel a little shorter than broadsides which is my biggest gripe with all of them

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Thoroughly enjoyable way to procrastinate.

6. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I thought your post was a joke at first because of this.

7. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Good read Kordell.

8. Charonte

Charonte Member

New game has been out for a couple of days, it's pretty damn awesome as well. Seems to be a little longer than the others; the game covers around 30 years but is meant to cover ~200 overall. They give you a password at the end so you can continue your character anyway:
    http://www.choiceofgames.com/vampire/

It's not Edward vs Bella, more Vampire the Masquerade meets ...New Amsterdam?

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I went through Vampire before you posted it here, and was very pissed off when I found out it ends after 30 years with a "To Be Continued..." notice.

I guess if they actually finish it, it will be okay, but I didn't save my file or anything.

Our Host!