Check this out........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormwell55, Jun 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The naval is the spot where the placenta joined the abdomen. In humans we have a belly button there. In all other placental mammals the naval is very much reduced and often completely healed over and thus undetectable. The only reason why humans have a noticable belly button is because we have the odd habit of tying a knot in the placenta and then shoving it inside ourselves....

You might not want to poke it so hard then. Two reasons. First off, you're most likely rearranging your insides when you do so and hence the funny feeling and secondly, you'll give yourself a hernia. A very BAD hernia. It's because the naval wall is not very strong due to the stretching of the muscular wall just there and by poking it you might actually make your guts spill out through it, which I hear can be quite painful and very unpleasant to look at.... :p

2. xento

xento New Member

Nope, but to be honest, I've never seen an animal birth, except for one horse birth, on a movie, but I didn't see a cord, so that is what led to that conclusion.

Thanks for the biology lession, Ferret. I'll be sure not to poke it again... :-o

3. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

Guts spill out?

I thought that hernia would cause your intestines to drop into your balls, thereby squashing them. :)

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

A hernia is where the musular walls of your abdomen become weak and the muscle then stretches and allows your intestines to bulge outwards. It kind of looks like a see-through pink balloon full of intestines.

It's not too bad if it gets that far, although it's uncomfortable. It's reasonably easy to treat too.

If it bursts though, then you're in trouble. It's extremely painful and much more difficult to mend and there is a high chance of infection.

I suppose you CAN get herniated balls, but then your intestines would have to leak through your pelvis and that's unlikely.

5. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, this guy at boarding school used to "test" me on how long I could hold out when he was digging his fingers as hard as he could into my belly button. The pain is like nothing else, although if you tense your stomach muscles it is greatly reduced. I still shudder when I think about it. If you think your dick hurts when you poke yourself xento, try having someone basically stab you with their fingers there.

Our Host!