Chase No Face

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustaFishInaJar, Jan 14, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

2. light-servant

light-servant New Member

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Looks like a Chaos Spawn, but that cat is one hell of a survivor and therefore deserves my kudos.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Oh....my.....
    :puke:

I'm not going to be able to eat lunch today. I know what'll happen. I'll be halfway through my Big Mac and Cheese, when this picture will pop back up in my mind....... Dammit.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

SUNUVVACHRIST! Dear god, that's horrific! Great, now I WANT to have the chest-surgery nightmare, because then at least THAT THING won't be in my brain.

You bastard.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Something isn't right about that cat, but I can't put my finger on it.

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It's kindof cute, in that "I hope I don't wake up to it staring at me in the dark" sort of way.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

It's really kinda sick, on the human's part anyway. Somethings ought not to live. The decent thing to do would've been to shoot that cat in the head.

Letting it live seems the more inhumane thing to do.

10. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

5th pic down is just disturbing. I'm not able to find anything ironic or funny about this poor creature. My flu must be having more of an effect on me than I thought.

11. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

The picture you put on this forum...it seems to be like edit or something. Maybe its not...

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If it's true that the cat isn't suffering (like it's written in the blog), from the cat's point of view there is no more reason to want to be dead than any other cat has. Animal don't have self-awareness nor a sense of aesthetics, so their looks don't make any difference to them. It is exclusively human to see something unusually ugly and think that it should be killed, so our weak psyche won't be forced to deal with its existence anymore.

Therefore I agree that letting it live can be described as inhuman, with human being a quality connected to our species, not to what is morally right and wrong.

13. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Blame my growing up on a farm, I guess. I have dispatched more animals than you could possibly imagine, all of which were dying anyway, and letting them live would only prolong the suffering. I never, ever took pleasure in it, and still dread it. However, it did become "part of the job" so to speak. It just came with the territory.

I understand the feelings of the individual who saved the cat. They get a sense of self-pride at taking great pains to ensure it's comfort, and have a bond with the cat. I completely understand. However, had it been me that happened upon the kitten, I would've felt just as relieved with myself by dispatching it.

I guess it's my upbringing that also is to blame for my lack of use for pets. If my wife or daughters want a pet, that's fine. I will tend to it and love it as they do. However, left up to me, I would never ever have a pet, just because I have no desire for one.

Diff'rnt strokes, I guess.

14. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

That this could be the part of his face that is missing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well I'm convinced.

I'm no loony who disapproves killing animals to ease their pain, instead insisting on keeping them alive at any cost, prolonging their suffering included. If I was the owner, I would probably do my best to bring a quick and relieving death to that suffering animal after whatever accident it had. I'm just saying that there's no reason to kill it now, when the owner decided to keep it alive, has no problems with the cat's good looks and the cat itself is already "recovered" and without pain.

16. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

On that, I agree. It seems happy, I wouldn't kill it now. I just meant if I'd happened up on the scene of the accident.

If it's happy and healthy, then kudos to the owner.

Our Host!