Character creation

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Nocturnal Goatsucker, Aug 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Luckily for the Americans, those few who DO know a bit of geography are in command of the US army, Navy and air force :p

2. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I wouldn't be so sure, Solaris. The commander-in-chief happens to be named George W. Bush.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well, all Bush has to do is name the country which the US is to invade. He doesn't have to know where it is, he only has to look up its name in the morning newspaper.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

What makes you think he reads? You know Solaris, there is a new term being used. Aliterate. Meaning those who can read but don't. Boy George is the president after all. He doesn't have to read. Flunkies can do it for him.

5. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

What do you people have against George W. Bush? Am I the only conservative in this whole site?

6. gargob

gargob New Member

Must have been something he did that got people killed and a country invaded, being an asshole etc.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

to be fair i'd hate gore just as much. personally i think there should be a non of the above box to check off, and if that ever recieves a third of the voted or more we have a new election with completely new candidates (none of the previous candidates can run again) or if the difference between winning and losing is less than fifteen percent of the votes we do the same thing, (have a new election).

but of course this would be difficult to implement, no matter how practical. besides, your vote doesnt actually count! thats what the smart, and largely caucasian members of the electoral college are for! controlling your lives!

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Bush is the US president. For many people, that alone makes him hated.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Have you ever seen The Bible? There's a book in it. I beleive it was Daniel Chapter 8. For some very strange reason it reminds me of September 11th. Hmm..There's a Ram with two horns.(One is longer than the other,but came up later) This seems alot the the World Trade Centers. The reason why one horn is longer than the other is because of the transmission tower. (which they added on later.) Now here comes another strangly similar part-This Shaggy-Haired Goat traveled over the ground without touching it.(This refers the the 747's) The Goat Attacks the ram shattering its horns. This is refering to the Planes crashing into the towers.

10. voidknight_27

voidknight_27 New Member

Really, wow! i dont have a bible and i dont believe in any religions but is that really true? So the bible could predict the future... gotta start believing then

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hey, i plugged in my microphone to the comp today and the voice recognition got this sentence out of a bunch of noise.
    I ran on the Thailand Mary Jo a love you. So we go

may be its predicting the future!

12. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah! The Bible if full of predictions. Revelation is a nice place to start. Read some books from Hal Linsay. If your wondering, Daniel:8 has more than just that about Ram and the goat. One part is- "Understand that the time of the vision is that of the end." Hey, If in the near future you hear about thousands of people dissappearing, I'll be one of them. Yeah, You better believe it. Go get a Bible. It's as true as the chair your sitting in.

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I myself tend to have a rather strained relationship to these so-called "predictions". To me, it seems that all of them are a blurry composition of words that can be applied to most any situation.

Perhaps I should release a book with predictions, like "A Century From My Death Something Bad Will Happen And Many People Will Die". I can guarantee that it will be as I've predicted! And then I'm gonna be known as the new Nostradamus and it'll be a commonly held wisdom that my predictions are all true!

I mean, really :roll:

14. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, but you do know that that chapter was written over 2,000 years ago? Prophecy is a much overlooked part of The Bible. It's a test of faith.

15. Canis

Canis New Member

And it matters whether a bit of nonsense was written 100 or 2000 years ago because....

I take it you don't get out much. Far from being overlooked, prophecy is possibly one of the most overstressed parts of the Bible. Everywhere you look there's some nutter trying to interpret the Bible to fit the evening news. That "Bible Code" thing is particularly entertaining; you can use their scheme on just about any document, from the Bible to Karl Marx, and come up with eerily accurate though vague predictions. Just look around, they're EVERYWHERE. If you're desperate just watch TBN or visit Hollywood Blvd., plenty of prophecy loons for your enjoyment.

As opposed to reason, logic, science, clear thinking, common sense.... You can take any half witted, fantastical, poorly thought out scheme and call it A Test Of Faith, and immediately you'll feel a whole lot better for your small mindedness. Try it, it works wonders!

Now, you really ought to consider reading some serious works about the Bible (particularly the talmudic and mishraic stuff; Daniel is a Jewish book after all) before you start spouting your own, oh, what do you call them, "ideas". As I remember from one of my college Jewish studies classes, those horns symbolized the kings of Persia and Media. :thumbup:

Wait, what forum is this, Arcanum?

16. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

You know what? I don't intend to argue with you. I'll let the vile be vile.

17. Canis

Canis New Member

In what way am I vile? :-?

It seems your sole intent in coming to this forum was to proselytize without having to respond to any challenge to your statements. If you're going to make a proclamation you should at least be prepared to back it up.

18. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I don't think he was proselytizing so much as he was plagiarizing. Don't touch Canis's religion button, everyone.

19. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Tell me Bayou1984, without looking, the fiber content of the clothing you have on right now. When was the last time you had ham, or a cheeseburger?*

As a last test, what day of the week does the Sabath fall on?**

If you are going to quote the bible, live it.

*Look in Leviticus, and forgive me my spelling.

**This one is found in the Big Ten and Judisim.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Hey bayou i have a web site for you, i posted it a while ago, but i think its worth posting again just for you! http://www.christianaction.org

there yah go, may be youll find something you agree with! like the literal interpretation of the bible!

or if thats too tame for you http://www.kkk.com theres another group of enlightened christians who might tickle your fancy.

i myself am a christian. more along the lines of "i was raised a christian", but i recognize all religions as possible and i also believe that atheists have a good poiint too.

YOU however, are a fucking moron. people like you are the most blindly ignorant people i know of. i got a fortune cookie that said "the river runs strongest when full" and the next day i filled my car up with gas and went 90 on the freeway. was that confuscious telling me the future?

Our Host!