Car Module questions

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Ok, Jul 11, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ok

Ok New Member

Hello

I have played Arcanum a few times now, yet never finished the game. While enjoyable at around level 30 my characters become too powerful for the majority of encounters. Sure being powerful is fun, but being unchallenged for ten levels starts the make everything the same..

anyway I have heard about the Car module which sounds very interesting. Apparently there are a lot of changes, but as to their extent or details I cannot find a file with the relevant information.

In particular I would like to know whether a number of spells (besides harm and fireflash) have been altered, thus making traditionally useless by comparison spell schools somewhat more beneficial.

I would also like to know if there are a lot more items to be found or rather purchased.

My first character will be a typical Ranger, I want to obtain a better bow as my travels progress. Finding one bow and keeping it for 15 levels is boring. I would also like to focus in the Nature spell school.

Please no spoilers: a general confirmation of my questions regarding spell changes and item changes will suffice.

Also is the game much harder ?

I understand that intalling other mods alongside Chris' Car mod is a bad idea but would they in themselves be recommended for the desired changes that my questions address ?

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

The most detailed explanation of Car Arcanum can be found here:
    http://chris.terra-arcanum.com/

There are a lot of undocumented changes not mentioned on the site. But they aren't mentioned anywhere else either. No detailed ReadMe I'm afraid.

Our Host!