Car Arcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by chuft, Dec 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chuft

chuft New Member

Since the people here have this weird obsession about the supposed evil of posting in older threads, I am starting yet another one about Car Arcanum.

Just installed it last night and started playing it. I haven't had this much fun since the first time I played Arcanum. I am playing a mage and it is a real challenge for the first time in as long as I can remember. Tough battles right off the bat - my kind of game. I had to duck in a cave several times to get my fatigue back before venturing out to resume a battle with some kites - kites! I like the spell changes and the new enemies. I was tired of the huge overpowered parties I always ended up with in Arcanum so I decided to play someone with a 2 charisma and essentially be a loner. Now I am wondering if this will make Car Arcanum too tough! Virgil got killed at the crash site, well good riddance I say. I guess I can hook up with Althea now, at least for a while.

Anyway so far so good, thanks Chris for the incredible effort it must have taken to do this. Maybe it's too early in the game to tell but it seems you have revitalized my favorite game and gave it a badly-needed boost in difficulty. Arcanum was far too easy. I prefer a more Fallout-type difficulty where you lose a fair amount of battles and have to reload until you figure out the appropriate tactics for that battle.

Our Host!