Building a sequel-like mod for Arcanum...

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by FourHorsemen, Jul 11, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Wow...those are some handy tips guys...thanks...I'll try to do some preliminary work and see how it goes...maybe pick one small map, change it, and see how it plays out!

2. team a

team a New Member

Have you ever successfully moved one whole sector to a different sector number? I'm just curious, because my primary city is based on a map of 5x5 sectors. I originally created it while doing AMTUT more than a year ago, intending to use it as only a scratch pad, but ended up building my whole mod on it. It includes sector 0, meaning that there are blue areas when the townmaps are generated. I wish I was able to move it to my world map.

3. Mechanus

Mechanus New Member

Were you going to add a new main storyline as well as new quests? Or were you going to just recreate the locales a few years after the game? If you were not going to add a new main quest and sidequests, would you welocme scripters to add these to you're main mod or not?

Also, does the Arcanum modding tool have enough flexibility to provide the resources for a full continuation/sequel?

4. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well, Like I I said...the idea is to create an "Epilogue" to Arcanum...and not a full blown quest....which is why the world map would end up being disabled and the town exits cordened off.

There wouldn't be anything close to a formal "main quest" but the condition of each town would be related storyline-wise...espcially if you pick the "bad ending" epilogue!

5. team a

team a New Member

It would actually be more work to turn off the main map. Just delete or cordon off the areas you don't want, and remove them from gamearea.mes

As far as flexibility, you would be able to do just about everything you can currently make in Arcanum, although there is a limit to how different you could make it. For example, you're probably not going to want to add new character models, but you can add new items, weapons, schematics, portraits, environments, backgrounds, and (if you don't like the fact that you aren't presently banging your head on the wall) new tiles, walls, roofs, and maybe even new facades.

Our Host!