Blackout Mods

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by xento, May 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xento

xento New Member

If you don't mind me posting the link, because it is partly an Arcanum fansite.

Check it out, and tell me what you think!

Blackout Mods Website

Blackout Mods Forums

BTW, congrats on your new status, Jar.

2. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Hmmm....

A+ for style, F- for content. Seriously, you don't paint a house before it's built. Facts and content are the foundation. Your site is pretty cool looking, but there's NOTHING THERE. Perhaps if you spent a little more time making mods and a little less time creating a website?

3. Canis

Canis New Member

^See, I knew I liked Xan. :)

A little less time spamming on every message board on the planet for recruits as well. I don't visit many forums, but the Blackout gang has managed to pimp themselves on three of them so far. Responses are of two types: 1) Criticism of go-nowhere "mod teams", and 2) "I have no modding skills but count me in anyway" posts. It's a little tired, don't you think?

Wrong forum, btw. :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

PARTLY an arcanum fansite? Try NOT an arcanum fansite at ALL! If it's gonna be an arcanum fansite, it needs STUFF on it, as noted in the post two posts above mine.

Try taking down the site till you have something to put on it.

But, Canis, on the other hand, have YOU tried managing a forum YOURSELF? It's HARD! Be a little easier on xento.

5. xento

xento New Member

Yes, but the mod-making isn't my division. My job is Web and Grapics, but the module-making and story stuff fall to some of the other members, and we don't have everything decided yet.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, actually. I spent over two years managing what was at the time the most popular Kevin Spacey forum around, until it imploded. It was a UBB.... ah, the glory days of Perl before everyone and their mother got php and a database.....

I'm not talking exclusively out of my ass.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, because you're a kind, understanding, gentle soul yourself aren't you? You're not hypocritical at ALL...

8. xento

xento New Member

Chaos, you're right, it may not officially be an Arcanun fansite, but what would you dub Fan Made Fallout?

9. Notharah

Notharah New Member

well you already know I like the site...
    but now you have to encourage your teamm8s that they have to finalise some mods...

keep me in touch on how far it's going... if you need ideas... I'm always around :thumbup:

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

On the other hand, if Xento has no standing with programming the mods and thus has extra time on his hands then why NOT get the site itself looking nice and functioning well. After all, when the member base starts up, they'll then have somewhere nice to go instead of somewhere that does the job but isn't properly finished.

11. xento

xento New Member

Thank you. Yes, we ARE working a bit on modding, but we are working on the story, first, so we don't just blunder in the dark deciding what to do as it happens.

We are also getting along in other areas, as well, but realize that we are still quite new and have just settled down.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Xento, you're a great sitemaker! :thumbup:

As for the team though, I think they better finish some mods or have some mad visitors...

Maybe they could release a demo for it to give us a little sneak peek?

Sorry, Canis, for getting mad at you, anyways. :)

13. xento

xento New Member

Thanks. We have an addition to the Web group, so I'll have someone to help me out with the site.

As for the mod, we are still working on Chapter One! Remember, we only truely started less than a month ago. Also, it has been greatly slowed down due to technical problems with moving the site/forums and getting them up and running again.

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

A mod project for Fallout and not in any way shape or form related to Arcanum. We've also never claimed to be a "Fallout fan site", not even partly.

15. xento

xento New Member

Oh, my mistake, DU. I figured that, because it was called Fan Made Fallout, it was a fansite. :/
    Sorry about the mishap.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This is usually why people say "Think before you speak."

17. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

After all this time, your stupidity still somehow manages to amaze me.

18. xento

xento New Member

Jar and DU, I'm not "stupid" as you so crudely put it. I know alot and I am quite skilled with many things. I do, however, lack common sense and the ability to forsee my actions, but that is natural for teenagers, due to how that area of the brain doesn't fully develop until you are in your 20s. So give me a break, for once.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You know, pretty much everyone can say that, so don't feel too special just yet.

Um...no. I never really had problems in those areas when I was a teenager. It's not like common sense and foresight are also just going to happen overnight for you, as if you'll wake up some day and understand the consequences of your actions. You actually have to use your brain to do those things, and in my opinion I hardly think you need to be a certain age before you can start thinking that way. Just because it's not 'fully developed' doesn't mean you can't use it.

Young un's have a lame 'scientific' excuse for everything these days don't they?

20. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Uh... I don't know how to tell you this, Xento, but it doesn't often develop then. There are world leaders who still don't have that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!