Best and favorite weapons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Bozos of Bones, Jan 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well Ellumun's bow is nice. Bow of Ecclesiastes can be good as a sniping weapon for extreme long range (and I mean EXTREME). But the only bow that beats Ellumun's bow is tech- the Pyro bow. Sheer killing power :D

Nope.

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The bow guard captain in Dernholm teaches Expert bow.

3. dynamo

dynamo New Member

4. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

5. dynamo

dynamo New Member

Hate the b*stard ore golems. Breaking all my followers weapons

6. arcanumrules

arcanumrules New Member

These are my favorite weapons:
    Bangellian Scourge
    Aerial Decapitator
    Azram's Star
    pyrotechnic bow
    blade luncher
    stillwater blade
    hand cannon
    arcane staff
    the cursed dagger that gives you extra skill in backstab (i don't know it's name)

I always carry them with me (I have a character that is master in bow, melee, backstab and donge and expert in throwing and firearms), so it's fun to have variety in the battles. I have to try the tesla gun in my next game though (my current character has a doctorate in mechanics only).

7. arcanumrules

arcanumrules New Member

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Dungeon of the Dragon Pool. It appears on the map after you talk to the Crumbling Skeleton a.k.a. Torian Kel in the Ancient Temple. The axe is not in a chest, but on the floor in the Dungeon. Easy to miss if you aren't looking carefully under your feet...

Axe of Lost Time is a great weapon. It doesn't quite do the damage specified in my game (instead of ranging from 0 to 70 it seems to do a steady damage of 36, which may be even better); it is unbreakable; it requires relatively low ST and can be wielded even by Virgil if without a shield. I usually use it until a come across a faster high power weapon, and then give it to either Virgil or Dante.

9. arcanumrules

arcanumrules New Member

10. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Try this for fun, half orge magic/tech zero, machined gaunlets, boots of speed, just bash your way through.

For the real he-male do it solo, tip: invest points in magic healing, and balance that with points in explosives.

You can beat the game in under 40 levels, it's all in how youl play. There is a certain warm feelingi you get from beating an Ore Golem to death. :p

11. Drow

Drow New Member

My favorite is the Looking glass rifle. Nothing special but my character used to do great damage with it.

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

the YoYo of DOOM is the greatest weapon ever.

13. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

The only Easter Egg I ever seen about something no one knows. Actually that's more of an insider's joke.

I personally prefer Finely Crafted Dagger. Quick, small, light and powerful enough. The Mechanical Dagger is a questionable weapon: it didn't seem to rise my number of criticals....

14. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Here's something I've been doing:

Edit a background so the character starts off with level 5 in Meta and Mental. Low stats save for INT.

Rules:

- no points to melee, firearms, throwing or bow.

The way you play:

- Use the MC/RS trick to build up a group of "forced followers" and ONLY THEY can use weapons as such. You are limited to starting combat, then running behinmd your troops and letting them take care of things.

The Good:

- You can have some of the cooler caracters in your game like Sir Garrick Stout, Clarissa Shalmo, Lianna Del Par, even people like Arbalah, or the Wise Woman.

- Try Doing this to Doc Roberts AFTER you do his quest....every time you go somewhere he curses you for making him leave Shoruded Hills.

The Bad:

- You only have a limted supply of "Cannon fodder forced npc's" you can use....wasting a shopkeeper takes them out of the game and you can also screw up quests this way.

- If you start to go overboard on numbers, your game will SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW down

- I haven't found a way to dismiss any of the "forced followers" in a way that doesn't involve killing them...

It's been fun thus far I have to say...and I only just got to Tarant :p

15. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Wait till your fatigue hits zero, they turn on you and kill you while you are prone, pray you recover bfore they do when you first meet Kerghan :lol:

16. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Actually with the glitch...they don't leave if your fatigue goes down...they don't even count agansit your Follower Total.

- Hehehe...I just figured out a way to "get rid" of them (sort of)...you can just tell them to WAIT for you and leave. You can go back and get them any time you like as well.

- I'm building my own private army over where Pollocks gang used to hang out....t

17. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

If the spell that holds them fails , which it will when fatuigue falls below zero, game coding turns them KOS. Game code for the first Kerghan encounter, sets fatigue to -5, No option. Your wait option may work, but there are a number surprise encounters that also do this, so when you get caught short...

Bye Bye! :lol:

18. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well I've "fatigue fainted" quite a few times and they still don't leave.

I'm sure this glitch has been discussed before here right?

You cast a temp spell like "Dominate Will" or "Agility of Fire" or whatever on our target. Then you cast Reflection Shield on them while the first spell is still active. NThen you cancel the first spell. then you cancel the reflection shield. The effects will still be in place.

And the best part is that as far as the game goes...your spells have been cancelled so there is no drain on man at all...

I wonder thi happens because the "Reflection Shield" "cancels the cancelling" of the first spell, thus cancelling the spell from the user point of view...but not from the "in game" point of view.

The downside is the you can't get the forced follwers to "leave"....all they can do is wait...

19. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

You could be right , I remember something like that happening sometimes, for me it was different spellls. I think may be more the types of spell, the number spells cast and order of cancelling them.

I didn't play about with it though, as it was causeing me problems, instead for being useful.

20. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Good old Vorpal Sheep. Always a good decision.

Our Host!