Best and favorite weapons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Bozos of Bones, Jan 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bozos of Bones

Bozos of Bones New Member

What are your best and favorite weapons?

Mine are the Balanced Sword, for it's nice speed, the Mechanized Gun because of speed 25 and damage 1-30 and Iron Clan Axe. There is also a better version of the Balanced Sword available off the fighters in the pit on the Isle of Despair with damage of 10-20.

2. jankiel

jankiel Member

I'ts a hammer not axe.
    Favorite weapons: pyro bow, ellumyns bow

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well, my favorite weapons would be

Melee tech: the one and only Pyro axe (amazing damage makes up perfectly for lack of speed)
    Melee magick/neutral: that sword for the Isle of Despair pit. And a Bangellian Scourge for an evil player.
    Bows: Pyro bow, Ellumun's bow
    Firearms: Warbringer (well duh), Blade Launcher (see "Research in Arcanum Firearms" by Solaris)
    Absolute favorite: Pyro bow.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, I've always been a fan of the sword that can be looted from one of the opponents you face in the Isle of Despair pit fights. Not only is it fast, it also deals out some respectabe pain, albeit it doesn't cause any fatigue damage. I'm also a fan of all things Arcane, just because they are so bitching in the hands of mages.

And the Aerial Decapitator and Azrams Star rocks.

As for technological weaponry, the pyro axe is the pyro axe. I'm also fond of flamethrowers and Bronwycks gun, mainly due to their sheer coolness.

Absolute Favourite? The sword from Isle of Despair, mainly because it's the weapon my current elven fighter is using right now. ;)

5. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Tech melee: iron clan hammer over pyro axe. Ignores fire damage.

Magic melee: arcane greatsword (I play good)

Magic bow: ellumyn

Tech bow: pyro, obviously

Gun: droch. period. Blade launcher til then, except that bronwyck's is a far cooler concept. Should be tougher.

I never throw, but for that, the answers are obvious.

Actual favorite? Arcane staff. And fireflash.

6. Bozos of Bones

Solaris, your research on firearms is nice, but where did you cound only 12 shots with a mechanized gun with 20 DX. After I read your post I went to the game and started shooting people in Tarant just to count shots - they're equal to speed! It uses a single point per shot! I could make 25 shots provided I stay in one place. Don't know about the other weapons firing rates, mainly because I'm so enawed my the mechgun, but this is severely more powerfull than the Elephant gun or the Blade launcher for that matter(I'll conduct more tests when I have the time and all the specimens). If you can provide the bullets, that is.
    But that's no problem with me. Now, once you buy yourself some 500 bullets from any guy anywhere, go back to Shrouded Hills and sell all your bullets to the gnope shopkeeper(Slim Pickens i think). If done good, you should be thrown back into the game as soon as you click the green button for sell. YOu get paid, you still have your bullets and he has those same bullets in BOTH his pocket and the barrel. Wait until he goes asleep and pick(pick lock of two) the barrel open and get yourself some bullets. I use a stash in Ristezze's where I now keep some 20k bullets, 2k on me and 2k on each of my companions.

EDIT:
    You can get two Mechanized Guns as soon as you get to Caladon if you don't have much points in Gunsmithy. Couple One to you, one to Vollinger and you start rocking!

7. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Or get Droch's WArbringer which is better and less cumbersome. None of that MSR. That Balanced Sword in The Pit, does damage 10-15. As for my favourites... I don't play with a wide range of characters for too long and I've only beaten the game once so my favourite, is the Droch's.

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

The only problem with Drochs is that you can't get it until Vendigroth. The mech gun and blade launcher can come much earlier

9. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Until I get Droch's I always use the hand cannon. I really hate being encumbered. In my opinion it's better than the ER too.

10. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Melee tech: Pyro Axe
    Melee magick/neutral: Sword (IoD Sword)
    Bows: Pyro Bow, Arcane Bow
    Firearms: Droch's Warbringer, Pyro Gun, Long Range Pistol
    Absolute favorite: Droch' Warbringer

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

But fire damage is a GOOD thing 99% of the time! Most creatures have higher resistance to normal damage than to fire or electricity. Even Kerghan is more vulnerable to fire than to normal damage weapons. Iron Clan Hammer's real advantage is higher speed.

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Azram's Star
    Yo-Yo
    The Bangellian Scourge

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

The Bangellian Scourge. My current personal favorites would have to be the Sharpshooter's Pistol and the Screaming Scimitar. The pistol is nice for gunslingers and Virgil does well with the scimitar.

14. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I just give virgil the sword of defense and hope he doesn't kill himself. It's not he's around for the fighting anyway. None of my followers are. They just carry stuff.

15. Bozos of Bones

16. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Azram's Star for my character.
    Arcane Greatsword for Sogg & Chukka.
    Pyrotechnic Axe for Magnus.
    Arcane Mace for Virgil works pretty well, sometimes, if you boost his strength.

17. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Since Sogg and Chukka don't have the MA to take full advantage of the arcane items, I think they do better with the barbarian heavy blade. Haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure.

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, if you wanted them to get full effiency out of the arcane arms, you could always Dark Helm them up to the very peak of magickal power, albeit it would be at the expense of their kindness.

By the way, the Sword of Baltar would probably also be a damn good choice, even for neutral characters. After all, it has static damage. Of course, you may have better uses for it than giving it to a follower...

19. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Hey I just noticed the Barberian Blade looks like Conan's sword from the soon to be Dark Horse Comic.

Also Sharpshooter pistol is a great weapon if you a)have low strength but are a gunslinger, and If you get it early in the game your laughing.

20. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Sword from Isle of Despair

Arcane Bow & Blessed Bow

Bangellian Scourge

Sword from cave in the Void (can't spell name)

Our Host!