Before You Post...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Snowmane, Jul 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shire

Shire New Member

Since this seems to be a sticky, I can't gravedig it up from the abyss, so you can't complain about that to me. I just wanted to give some thoughts after reading this topic.

It is indeed as said for a noob finding answers bad to sue the search in fear of spoilers. The topics go off topic in about 3 or 4 posts, in worst cases the answer isn't even on those first messages and thus the chance of being spoiled is huge. That is one reason I don't like the search so much and don't think it as the best solution for finding answers. Same with walkthroughs, if you don't want to get spoiled, then they are useless.
    Also, starting a new topic might get some new ideas/thoughts/updated info about the matter which might not be found in the old topics.

As for the main site, not gonna look for site feedback, but it really isn't pleasant to browse, as most of the links seem to be broken, including the download site, which I would have found important in several occasions, like when finding the 127 level patch (which btw isn't too easy to find from the net and since the dl site here was down, it took a nice 45 mins to track a working dl link).

And don't shout at the n00bs.
    -Shire

2. division_6

division_6 New Member

I found the 127 patch rather easily. But I was also looking for something else that I never found.

Perhaps what the forum needs is a faq if one hasn't been created already. I realize that most of the answers would be "Download the Patch", but at least it could be something for newbies like myself to read before annoying you all with incessant questions. Anyone else like the idea?

3. midnite_matinee

midnite_matinee New Member

What do you do when the mage in Tulla asks you to complete his test for him and your in that room with the two chests

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Nice sig, I'll spare you from the idiot stick solely because of it, and only once. This is obviously not the place to be posting that question, is it? This thread obviously has nothing to do with that quest, does it? Can you please try to keep posts in threads at least somewhat related to them?

I'ld answer your question, but I recall you saying it was handled in the other thread.

I do have to thank you though, this was an ever pleasant flashback to BACK in the day. Way back. The thread I learned what spam was in. Ah, nostalgia. I miss Ferret. :(

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Speaking of nostalgia, Snowmane's avatar is that axe. The old veterancy system was such a hoot. :lol:

6. ReviveArcanum

ReviveArcanum New Member

So can you play on lan, even if the seirra servers dont wanna work, if i can do that, i can play on hamichi also right, or i mean is the game unplayable, you looked okay to me. I wanna play with friends.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

8. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The game does work on LAN. Arcanum multiplayer sucks though, so you're probably better of not even trying. :)

9. malango

malango New Member

Some one asked on the gamespot forums 'I want a walkthrough for...' (what ever game it was).

and I said look on google you lazy person. and I got moderated for trolling hahah! that place is terrible.

10. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
  11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Oh, he'll fit in just fine here. Just fine.... *sharpens knife slowly without breaking eye contact*

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I apologize for doing this, but with the recent trend of new joiners: Bump!

Hopefully this'll get people to read it. My apologies, again.

13. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I don't know. I thought that maybe if this thread had the grey icon on it, some of the newer individuals might look at it and go "Hey, Maybe I'll read this thread?" and then they would be informed as to our policies?

Our Host!