Avatar Question (no, NOT asking for one!)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by team a, Jun 11, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

2. team a

team a New Member

That received a lot of play for a hypothetical question. I have a legit question now, though: when's the last time someone got an avatar, rroyo?

Wolfsbane - I always thought you had one. I only just now looked at the character bank. Well, I think it's safe to say that no one will confuse your avatar with anyone else's, but there's been someone with mine in just the last 6 months or less.

Is 10th level paladin an automatically generated title? What's the highest one?

3. Wolfsbane

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

There is an 11th level Paladin rank but its incredibly hard to get.

5. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I think Wolfsbane just had the Spam can a couple months ago when Arthgon had it. And yes, rroyo's has been the most recent, and also the only bestowing I've ever bared witness to here.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I believe I've had it three times, possible four or five... it's hard do say what the gap between "spam canned" and "banned" was, with some of those accounts I had. Actually, I think that, on those grounds, I won't ever qualify for a custom avatar. Hah! I'm at the back of the line again! :lol:

7. Wolfsbane

10.000 posts?

8. Vorak

Not quite that high, you have to get 1 more post than Jarinor to get it.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

10. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I understod this post diferently.

say Jarinor has 6353 posts now and to get tittle you have to have 6354 posts but if he posts 10 times by the time you get 6354 posts you still have to have 1 more post than he has which would be 6264 posts.

11. Grossenschwamm

He won't be posting. I don't think so, anyway...he's not posted here since 2006.

Adding 10 does not subtract 90.

Though, I guess if I wanted to I'd be able to exceed that postcount in another year. I seem to average 2k per year I'm around...not that it really matters for me to post that much. My custom avvie and title are pretty sweet, and the risk of losing them (by spamming or your every day super-dickery) tends to keep me in check.

12. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I'm usualy good at math sorry about that I meant 6364.

13. Grossenschwamm

I figured, but I wanted to bust on you anyway. 2 is very close to 3 on the keyboard.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I think I fit the bill of a 'casual poster.' In fact, this is one of the few times you will see me post outside of the GD forum. I've contributed nothing to the community, save the occasional witty or biting remark, and I haven't even played Arcanum in 3 years. I like to think people value me for my impeccable grammar and smashing good looks.

In regards to the highly improbable release of Arcanum 2, and any subsequent inundation of TA by 13 year olds: I like to think that the admin would see fit to establish an 'Honored Members' section where the core TA community could post without the interruptions of n00bs saying, "OMfG!!1! ur So fcuuking ghey lol, let me get ur CD key! lmao. Arcanum rewlz ur ballz!"

15. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It might be weird, but it's also epic. The guy presumably died from crashing into a tree/quit coming here for unspecified reasons* in early two-thousand-fucking-six yet no one is even close to beating him.

Jarinor, therefore, is God, whether he likes it or not.

Rosie, Sheriff, friend_al_23, Retard, mrnobodie, Shadygrove, Canis, Ferret et al contributed to the site other than posting for the hell of it in the GD?

*Also known as a WoW addiction

16. Grossenschwamm

I post a shit-ton more than I contribute, and I don't contribute that much at all. I think my biggest achievement was the Juggernaut background, and that's not much at all. I asked for help to make a new schematic for sheet metal, and for how to edit the product of a schematic...so I guess I'm a casual poster.

17. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Contribution in terms of awesome modding, patching and other custom content certainly helps if you want a custom avatar (that's why Drog has recently received a custom avatar, after all) but I interpret contribution to the community in a broader sense. TA wouldn't have been the same without that special relationship between Retard and nobodie, the awesome adventures of Milo, the Einsteinian knowledge of Ferret etc etc (well, most of these names belong to the past, but you get my point).

There are other ways to stand out besides modding.

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I enjoyed digging up some of the Sheriff's intellectual discussions, quite awhile back... this forum has hosted some impressive things. :) Also, didn't Wolf get a custom avvy? Wasn't the Whinger one made for him? That wasn't really a good thing, either. You don't've to be a positive contributor to get a custom avvy. You just've to be a positive contributor to get a good one. :p

Something I'll never qualify as.

19. Vorak

I actually liked Wolf, but I think I was the only one that did.

20. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I didn't have anything against him.

Our Host!