"auto skeleton key": do you also need "pick locks"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coffeegrrl, Sep 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Coffeegrrl

Coffeegrrl New Member

Hi, I have another question. If I get Auto Skeleton Key, does that *replace* pick locks or does it just add to pick locks?

If it replaces pick locks how does it compare to pick locks?

Right now I dont have pick locks. But Virgil does. Still, he is able to open maybe 1 out of 50 chests and doors. Its driving me nuts. I tried cheating by saving and reloading but it takes like 10 minutes to load a saved game so I just cant do that anymore.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

There are two types of lockpicks. Crude lockpicks give no bonus at all. Normal lockpicks give +5% bonus to picklocks and these normal lockpicks are required to create Auto Skeleton Key which gives bonus of 10%. Lockpics are of course 'consumed' upon creation of Auto Skeleton Key like every other component used in this game in creation of new items.

[edit]Just thought you might've meant something else. Do you mean whether having Auto Skeleton Key makes spending points on pick locks skill obsolete? If so then the answer is it doesn't (unfortunately). It's just a better type of lockpicks. As for locks, even those I encountered quite early in the game wouldn't open even though I had three ranks in pick locks and ASK. Having expert in pick locks woks good at least as far as those encountered in Tarant are concenred.[/edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2001-09-09 20:53 ]</font>

3. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Didn't quite answer the question

Dragoon you totally missed her question:

To answer it, no it doesn't replace the pick locks skill, it just adds a bonus to your chance of picking locks.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Yeah, I just thought she meant that right after posting this message. Took me a few minutes though to write what I wanted to place in EDIT. Unfortunately you were too fast for me. :smile:

5. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Hey look at the post count buddy, there's a reason for it :wink:

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Virgil can lock pick without the lock picks in version 1.0.7.0

7. Aidan

Aidan New Member

But Virgil gets penalty to his skill if he trys without the picks.
    Also not sure fi this is right but magic app. can mess up your skill in that since picklock is a techie skill.

Our Host!