Arx Fatalis:A New Addiction for all you Morrowind whiners..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vyaas, Jun 11, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

This is a game based in a semi medieval atmosphere, similiar to our own with humans, dwarves, goblins, trolls and a breed of killer, walking rats called ratmen. It resembles Ultima Underworld 2 and theif with much deeper roleplaying elements. Over all, this gmae cannot be beat. I'm hooked on the demo, trying an assortment of character types. So far my favorite has been a barbaric, drunken, insane beserker who refuses to wear armor. For more info, go here:http://www.rpgplanet.com/arxfatalis/

Thank you all for your time

(NOTE:This game, while not out yet, has a great demo that cna actually be run on some of your ouny systems that means you Milo)

2. Notharah

Notharah New Member

It's 3d right??? (or not... ah well I don't know)

3. Milo

Milo New Member

Nah, not really interested. Maybe once the full version comes out.

4. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

It is. Though Arcanum was barely 3d, still playable.

5. Notharah

Notharah New Member

I can't play 3D games... they make me nosious as hell (with a few exceptions like rouge squadron from starwars), so I won't play it.
    That's why I'm a die-hard RPG-player.

6. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

You know you want to Milo, you get to kill goblins Milo. Evil green, muscular, midget, Asian hating Goblins. Show them what you're made of, and get into the damn chat, it is dieing without you.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

I'm with Notharah. FPS games make me want to barf all over my old mechanical-key "clicky" IBM keyboard. I play them for about 15-20 minutes and I start feeling car sick.

I can play System Shock 2 without getting queasy, though. So, who knows?

8. Notharah

Notharah New Member

Say Milo... did you ever play wolvenstein 3D?? wasn't that the worst game for people like us??

9. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

Milo, you are the man that was head raped by a dog, puked on by a bum, and a man who can't play FPS because of sickness...born under a sign...

10. Notharah

Notharah New Member

*spam Vyaas, spamming alert*

Don't do that

11. Milo

Milo New Member

Now that I think about it, the last FPS games that really made me motion sick were the old ones. Like Doom and the old Duke Nukem one. Oh yeah, and that shitty PacMan 3D that came out a long time ago.

I played System Shock 2 a little while back and it didn't really do it to me. I also didn't play it for very long, though... Maybe it was the low resolution and the jumpy movement of the old FPS games that sickened me. I'll probably still give RTCW a try. I'll finally play Deus Ex once I upgrade too; That's another game I've been sitting on. I could play it now, but I want at least some eye candy. 320x200, 256 colors is not going to do it for me.

If I can play these newer games without getting pukey, then maybe I'll give Arx Fatalis a try.

12. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

A great game in it's own respects. I personally like Doom and the classics, and I laugh at you for getting sick while palying them. Hah I say to you Milo, hah!

13. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Try BattleZone then. :)

Not the old Atari one, but the recent one.

14. Milo

Milo New Member

I'll give it a try. I'm plugging in my Microsoft "Natural" keyboard first, though. I won't care if I vomit all over that one. I hate that thing.

15. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

I hate it when people associate 3D with FPS, you know that? It displeases me, mainly because i get confused for a short amount of time until I realize they mean that....yes...I'm done now.

16. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Re: Arx Fatalis:A New Addiction for all you Morrowind whiner

HAHAHA, I used to work for that site, the tarant daily, I supplied 75% of their content, and since I'm gone, they haven't gotten anything new in months!! HAAH, (sorry TD staff, I just had to say it)
    Arx is a nice game, but definetly not an RPG, it's an actiopn rpg. Good graphics, interesting storyline blahblah, it's almost a medieval system shock.

17. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Make sure that's "BattleZone", not "BattleZone 2". The sequel looked really nice, but the gameplay seems to have been sucked out of it :( It seems impossible to do a single-handed run through the enemies base, destroying things until your tank's gone, ejecting, then sniping an enemies tank and jumping in to it to start all over again.

18. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

Still a great game if you can visualize and rolepaly it on your own. And about TD, yes their site sucks, badly, very badly, but people post there anyways, even our own DU(how could you?)

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm with Noth and Milo, 3d makes me violently sick... unless it's civ3 :winknudge:

20. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Well..... There are about 50 other places I occasionally post as well.... Not all under the same name of course. If you even knew what half of them were you might be a little more upset. :) Also, Wojit's over there and he's got Pokey the Penguin. Plus the forum has strikethrough. You have to love strikethrough. Besides, just because they crapped on Jinxed's head doesn't mean anything to me.

Test

This is the part where someone shows me that this forum can handle strikethrough as well. Please note: If the strikethrough function is shown to work, I may abuse it severely.

Our Host!