Are these schematics in the game?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Shrek Multi barrel

The shrek multi barrel is either in Gilbert Bates' factory or the building next door (the one with the sentry pacing back and forth). It's part of a quest given to you by the Underground in Tarrant.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

But that ones useless, you can't actually learn it.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yes you can. If you have the save game editor. However, seeing that the gun is not even worth the crap used to make it, forget my first (and second) sentence entirely.

4. Vorak

Yes, but that particualr schematic that you get for the Thieves Underground is unusable.

5. Grossenschwamm

Well...that's a quest item. You can find another one in game, but I can't remember where. yeah...I just remembered that

6. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

I've not found Large Arcane Plate, but have found Large Machined Plate. Makes half Ogre's look really cool.

7. Grossenschwamm

Yeah...I make large machined plate for my half ogres. In fact, I made my own background for a half ogre just so he could make his own machined plate. I was hoping to find some large basic plate to make large electro armor...but no, there is none.

8. Vorak

There is, on the two bodyguards of Killian Drake (I think thats his name) the guy who wins the Gypsy Shadow off of Captain Teach.

9. Grossenschwamm

Are you fucking serious? Well, that means only one thing...I must kill Mr. Drake and his bodyguards...and, start a new game in which I'm actually a half ogre.

10. Vorak

Or you could just steal it with a fate point, but yeah killing sounds more fun. Problem is that they don't show up until very late in the game.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a good question:

Has anyone ever found the mechanical mule (a mechanical arachnid that can carry inventory) in regular Arcanum? I'm guessing that it's the same as Chris' Mechanized Slave, but I've never seen a trace of it in the game.

12. Vorak

I seem to recall that prepatch if you pickpocketed an automaton or arachnid it had an inventory, but its been a long time since I played without the patch.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok - that's a no from you. Thanks for letting me know. I've only played the patched version so I never got to try the pickpocket trick.

Now - I need to figure out a mod that'll add it to the game. (Car-Arcanum has me spoiled.) Perhaps a schematic? ehhhh....

14. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

How about a chest that moves on thousands of little steam powered legs. A very ruthless chest capable of munching ore golems, should they stand in its way.

15. Vorak

Great idea, you just went from newb to new guy in my book.

16. Grossenschwamm

That is awesome. And, it'd be even cooler if when it was done munching, you could look inside it for some raw materials used in making technological crap.

17. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Well, I guess you could make it move the victim's inventory to itself and nuke a sprite off the map like desintegrate does. With less eye-candy tough, and in case the creature's HP reaches 0. To assign specific things to each creature might be a bit tedious, but then again a lava rock for a seething mass or pure ore for ore glems would be a neat idea.

I think some modder should put in a word about how possible that whole idea really is.

18. Grossenschwamm

That's great! Ithas to have the same inventory capacity as a regular chest, however, so it can keep filling up. Of course, you'd eventually need to "empty" it so it could eat more, but by that time, you'd be in a town and be able to sell the junk.

19. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Making a chest that follows the player from sector to sector is easy. I've already got one in my mod. The chest flaps its lid when in combat, as if it is biting enemies. (Inspired by Discworld of course).
    However, the chest will not walk about as that requires additional animation. It simply appears behind the player when he walks far away enough.

20. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Our Host!