Are these schematics in the game?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

10-80 damage kicks ass though

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's right! There's that one suit of large mystic plate there. I always overlooked it because I love playing techie characters. I even made a custom background for a half ogre so he'd be smart enough to learn up to a doctorate in any of the disciplines.
    Oh, and there's a lemon tree in Black root. I don't remember where to get potatoes, however.
    Not when you've been stockpiling dynamite and grenades. :D

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I think that lemon and potato charges aren't supposed to be made with potatoes... Hmm... Anyway, I'll check this some other day and then edit it.

4. Grossenschwamm

The very first time I played arcanum, I found potatoes in a general store. I had no use for them, so I just let them stay there. A couple playthroughs later, I found the "lemon potato charges" schematic, and that's when I found the lemon tree in Black Root. Of course, by this time, I hadn't seen potatoes in about two months real time. I still can't find any.

5. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

[​IMG]

An image of my half-ogre (well full ogre according to description) with the second highest smithy tech armor

6. Grossenschwamm

7. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

neither, it's heavy spool of wire with large leather armour

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

If you read Grossen's post, and then archea's, you could find that quite funny. I did.

9. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

here is the elite plate

[​IMG]

also notice the image for the highlighted elixer, i found the schematic for it in the old sewers

Also wielding a Tesla gun, which kills seething mass in 2 hits (75% health taken in first hit)

10. aphedron

aphedron New Member

The nice thing of this game is that for the first time since I started playing Arcanum, I've found the lemon and potato charges. Now I have no ingredients, but at least I got it. :)[/quote]

You can simply gather lemons and potatoes in Shrouded Hills, closer to Bessy Toone mine. Not so much, though...Just try to point at the trees and on-ground vegetations there:)

11. floyd

floyd New Member

You can find lemons and potatoes in various cities. If you know what they look like and you search for them, you'll have no trouble finding them. There are lemons/potatoes in Shrouded Hills, Black Root, Ashbury and IIRC in Caladon. There are probably more places where you can find them. The sxchematic is nice to have, but not worth all the hassle. Just buy charges, they're not that expensive.

12. Grossenschwamm

I know what the elite plate looks like now...I've got large machined plate for my half ogre. So, the first picture was just large feather weight chain? Huh. Well, anyway, I've always wanted electro armor for a large character.

13. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Thanks everybody for helping me in my quest for the holy lemons and potatoes :heart: The truth is that as it's the first time I play with a techie character I'd no idea as to what using schematics would be like.

14. aphedron

aphedron New Member

Bunny wrote:
    The truth is that as it's the first time I play with a techie character I'd no idea as to what using schematics would be like.[/quote]

Well, it would be a lot of fun, that's for sure. Just buy, steal, find and learn as much schematics as possible - maybe you'll find something really valuable (not a very easy task:)). And buy as much tech manuals in Tarant as you need:)

You can also drink the essence of Intellect just before distributing your char points. I was doctorate in at least 3 disciplines that way, and, which is more important, was able to spend my char points on some other stats&skills:)

Create a Pyrotechnic Axe by any means necessary!!! Gore everywhere...

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Welcome, aphedron (in case I didn't greet you before :))
    I happened to use the essence of intellect once to be able to spend my points on the healing skill. When the essence wore out, the healing skill decreased :cry:

16. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, the skill does decrease, but if you used the essence of intellect to increase your smarts to gain a doctorate in a discipline of technology, it stays there. However, the grade you got with the doctorate goes down the more stupid you are. A 16 intelligence results in a 65 for your doctorate. However, you DO know those schematics, and you an just as easily purchase an essence of intellect to become smarter and make more techie stuff.

17. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Here's Torial Kel sportin some fallout-ish ultra stylie Electro-Armour

[​IMG]

18. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You've dressed TORIAN KELL in some goddamn TECH-ARMOR??? What have you done, you foul creature? Is nothing sacred anymore?

19. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

hey, I gave him the choice. I gave him both the dread armour and the electroplate in his inventory, guess which one he took?

I think he found the cute blue to fit his personality more than the blood red

20. Grossenschwamm

I like how they choose the techie armor over the magic, and completely ignore the critical failures. I made machined plate and put it in Raven's inventory. The second she went in to battle against a Fire Elemental, the armor broke and she was killed. Magnus, on the other hand, loves magical plate for some reason, even though NONE of the bonuses apply to a techie at 100% aptitude.

Our Host!