Are these schematics in the game?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Levered gun schematic
    Illuminated Decoy schematic
    Explosive Decoy schematic
    Clockwork Physician schematic
    Schreck's Pistol schematic
    Automated Gunner schematic
    Bellringer schematic

Medical Kit (item not a schematic)

Locations would be helpful too if you have them. Thanks.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Schreck's multibarreled pistol? I went into the save game editor and put that one in my character's inventory. The bellringer I bought at some random merchant, same as the explosive decoy. I was pretty sure the levered gun was only in the world editor. I know they're in the game, but I think if you really want them, just use the schematic editor of the Arcanum Save Game Editor. It changes any schematic you know (any schematic you can buy and learn) into any other schematic. I usually just stockpile a few extra copies of learnable schematics and do my thing. Sorry I couldn't give any more than that.

3. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Thanks for the advice but that's not what I am trying to do. I'm adding schematics to shopkeepers inventories but I want to know if they can be found in the game already. It's easy enough to check if the schematic is already in the inventory file but it's not possible to check if items / schematics are in the world lying about in chests.

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I'll be giving you some feedback, since I'm planning to finish my first techie game.

5. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

6. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Hej,

sorry for being a bit offtopic but where can i get this editor that allows you to edit your inventory?

Many thanks :)

7. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, I went further into the game (actually playing, not perusing the code)
    and I found Schreck's multibarreled pistol schematic. It was in a chest in the Black Mountain mines. Then, I started another game, and it was in a merchant's inventory, in Tarant, and again in Dernholm. I'm starting to think the game is VERY random. For the most part, I get different items every time I open a chest in a new game. In my first successful playthrough, I managed to get all but three of those schematics just by running around the different named areas of the map opening chests. To be honest, I don't think the levered machine gun is supposed to be in the game anyway. As for the illuminated decoy, again, I've never found it, and I don't think that it's in ANY chest in the game, I've found damn near all of them. The explosive decoy, again, random, I found it in a chest in one game, and in another i had to buy it. I did manage to find the bellringer recently. It was in the dredge. The medical kit, however, I've never found in a chest. I think it has to be bought, but it's almost always in some merchant's inventory, particularly in a general store or an herbalist's store.
    As for the save game editor, google it if it isn't on this website. I know for a fact that it is on fileplanet, but I hate that site.

8. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

So you reckon they are all there apart from the illuminated decoy?
    (And the levered machined gun but I know for a fact the levered machine gun is not in the game because I had to create a schematic for it yesterday).

Here's another for the list:
    {15159}{Jade Wizard Statuette}
    Is this in the game anywhere?
    It is capable of casting a random spell.
    The weird thing is I made a "magic wand" last night and now today I discover there is already something similar in the game.

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Isn't the statue the thing that you have to steal for the thieves in Blackroot in order to get the Mayor's dagger?

10. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I have no idea. I've never played a thief.
    Can anyone else confirm it?

Another item:
    Large Arcane Plate
    Is this in the game?
    There is art for it but there is no proto for it.

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

If the Arcane Plate is the white-ish one, no, at least not that I know of.

I haven't found the other schematics so far. The randomness of the game for the inventory is amazing.

12. Grossenschwamm

There's no store bought plate for any large character. Funny side note, though, I found a large oiled thieve's leather that has the image of a small oiled thieve's leather.

13. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

So only tech half-ogres who have smithy points can be certain of getting decent armour?
    Hmmm. I think I'll have to add some large plate.

14. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

mmm, why would then being half ogres have a difference? I was a dwarf and made the top smithy armour and it only fit normal sized characters - quite annoying

15. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

If your character is a half-ogre, the only way for you to obtain large plate (other than finding it) is to make it yourself. Therefore you must invest points in smithy.
    "only tech half-ogres who have smithy points can be certain of getting decent armour".

As for your dwarf: dwarves can make any size of armour. It is the size of the components that govern the size of the armour which is produced.

16. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I found that too :) It's funny how the eyes can betray us, huh? And of course, my auto-skeleton key or whatever the name is (I never pay attention to that) is invisible at times.

I prefer the healing jacket for my followers. It's worked wonderfully so far.

[Edit=The problem of that discipline is that it only has two things worth spending points in, one's the charged ring and the other's the healing jacket. The rest can get lost.]

17. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

What about the Tesla rod??

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Not worth it. Your speed has to be around 25 for it to be decent.

I'm about to try the Tesla Gun, though. I'll tell you about it later.

19. Grossenschwamm

The tesla gun isn't all that great. It's kindof like the tech equivalent of the disintegrate spell, only it doesn't destroy the enemy inventory, and doesn't do near as much damage. I didn't find it terribly useful, due to the amount of charges it takes per shot, and that its firing rate leaves much to be desired.

20. Bunny

Bunny New Member

The only large plate I've encountered so far is that Mystic one, at The Bog.

The nice thing of this game is that for the first time since I started playing Arcanum, I've found the lemon and potato charges. Now I have no ingredients, but at least I got it. :)

Our Host!