Arcanum: Work in Progress now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arkas

Arkas New Member

rroyo, I love this game, and I'm glad someone decided to do this. So many games have mods, but not many extend the original game's content. I do have several questions and a few suggestions before I jump right in :)

1. Will this work with the level limit hacks or have you added them?

2. Does the download in the first post contain all the patches throughout this thread?

3. Should I just wait for your next release or should I start playing now? And if I do start playing now, will I be able to upgrade without messing up my saves?

4. Can you give us a good solid "feature" list? Not so much exact details like "Added Such and Such area" but more like " Added 35+ areas"

5. Would you be interested in any help?

And a Suggestion:

Use MOD DB.

- No download limit.
    - Good publicity.
    - Lacks mods for older games.
    - Tracks Downloads.
    - No login required for downloading, it mirrors to fileplanet.

You can also list all your patches there and explain what they are for. Also has a "Watch" feature so everyone has the ability to get an update (if they register) when you modify the profile for the mod and they can check to see what you modified and if you posted a new release. You'll easily get more interest than if you just post here.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Arkas. And thanks!

Let me answer your questions in order.

1) This mod comes with the level 127 hack already in place. Without digging through my early notes (I broke my reading glasses today), the only two hacks which were not included in this release was the Dark Magic and the background hacks. The Dark Magic one created conflicts and so it was pulled. As for the backgrounds, that has been added for the upcoming release.
    Edit: Correction. Gorrin the Pit Master and the thief spell hacks were not included.

2) Sorry but no. As a problem was discovered, I created a new fix and as such they will need to be downloaded and installed individually.

3) That choice is yours. I am trying hard to meet a self-set October 5 release for version 2.
    As for the saves: They probably would be corrupted by trying to overwrite with the new release due to several small changes that have been made since June. Starting with me turning off the cheat-chest at the crash site.

4) Solid feature list: The June release contained 10 new areas to explore including the islands of Cattan and Veloren (the little island just west of Despair), as well as expansions of the Shrouded Hills temple, The Uncharted Cave, The Wolf Cave, and The Iron Clan.
    This next release will add 2 more mid-game adventures, one early game adventure, and a halfling village. That's in addition to the new bug-fixes.
    And, as stated in answer 1, I added every hack and modification that looked like it would enhance or debug the game.

5) Help? Yes, I would. Although I have become proficiant at building, I am still horribly weak on the scripting end of this. (First year newbie)
    If you have any experience at complex scripting, I'd be grateful.

If the building aspect was what you had in mind, I need to ask how much experience have you had with Arcanum's WorldEd and how closely you could adapt a D&D scene to look like something Troika would have built. I've been using the original Arcanum scenes as the baseline for my additions and going beyond whenever possible.

And finally, I'll check this Mod DB place out. What you've mentioned sounds good.

3. Arkas

Arkas New Member

rroyo, shot you an e-mail.

I'm not much on building, but I can pick up the scripting no problem. Sounds like we could help each other out with that.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Arkas, sent you a reply.

And it sounds like you could be right.

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Our Host!