Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Abysium

Abysium New Member

Hello
    Im an old time fan of Arcanum and decided to give it some more play hours:)
    To get more out of it I decided to try the 6.0 mod

But what I would like to know is the following:
    -can i use the highres mod with it? (if no, how can i increase resolution)
    -does this mod include the HighQuality townmaps mod?

thnx

2. Wims

Wims New Member

I think you can use the High Resolution mod.

3. Abysium

Abysium New Member

this is all great and stuff, but I would like to know if 7.0 WIP is still beeing made?
    I know this is part greed from my part, but I stoped playing since I figured I cant spare the time nor interest to replay the game once with the UAP091225 and then all over again with WIP.
    So, will there be WIP 7.0?
    if yes, when can we expect it?
    and again, if yes, will it contain more or less every change people today want to play with:
    -HQ maps
    -custum resolution
    -the beta restoraton pack (animations and ambient sounds)
    -lvl cap removal
    -UAP091225
    -WIP 6.0
    -more?

Thank you for the answer

4. husker86

husker86 New Member

windows 7 running issues

Gents i have been playing this game since release and share your frustration with compatibility problems with anything but XP but although i have a few copy's of the original game the nice people at GOG.com sell the game ready for download for $6 bloody bargain when you consider it works on any operating system and you can download it on as many computers you like and after a little bit of farting about you can mod it as well.

5. SlamCake

SlamCake New Member

Unable to download this patch.

Hey all,

I really appreciate the idea of this patch but I am unable to download it. Around 60 - 100 Mb the download drops.

Is there any alternative way of getting ahold of this patch?

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Welcome, SlamCake.

I just uploaded rroyo's A:WIP to Mediafire. See if you have more luck dowloading it from there.

~ LINK ~

7. Superweevil

Superweevil New Member

rroyo-- Thank you for the obviously massive amount of time and energy you have devoted to your mod. I love Brandybuck and the rest of the new content...great stuff. The addition of Vormantown to the regular campaign is also amazing, as I always wanted to play through it with my regular characters.

One question though...and maybe I read right over it (and if I did, apologies), but... Monaco...is it supposed to be unreachable at this stage? If so that's fine. I know you have some place-holder content in game, and didn't know if certain locations on the map were just place holders in the current version or not.

I realize this is a big request (not a demand)...but as someone who has only recently re-installed arcanum (thanks to the wonderful gog.com) after years of not playing or checking forums, it would be nice if this mod came with something more akin to a content manual than just a version history. While reading the version history IS helpful in figuring out what all is new in game, I feel like I'm missing some of it.

Once again, fantastic job-thank you so much for your work on this...and I hope hope hope you find the means to continue your hobby, as it translates to our entertainment. :D

8. geminisama

geminisama New Member

I have two questions; dies A:WIP 6.0 work with the GOG install of the game, and secondly, will the HQ Town and Extra Animations pack work with this mod?

9. csduryea

csduryea New Member

rroyo, having trouble with acererak's tomb. Found shovels, am i to dig something up to get to the arear with all the chests?

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

11. Technomancer

Technomancer New Member

wow amazing that this is still alive. It has been nearly 2 years since i last drifted through here. Once again i must salute rroyo for his work. As to funding any continuing work/equipment you may try a kick-starter project. Certainly a sufficient fraction of the cult here would happily chuck a few bucks your way to continue the project. Who knows you might drag in a whole new crop of fans.

12. Harlequin Fetus

Harlequin Fetus New Member

Who is the Fireking and where is he located? I have read somewhere that he have some uber gear that i'd like to obtain from his body after I extinguish his spark of life.

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The Uncharted Cave near the Wheel Clan is the place you seek. The small location from vanilla Arcanum has been visibly modified in rroyo's A:WIP.

14. yastru

yastru New Member

hello, hope someone still lurks this forum waiting for my question. im a old arcanum player who played and loved it to the death a long long time ago. decided to try and rekindle my love after watching fullmetal alchemist and yearning for that steampunish setting again.

question is, does this mod works with unofficial arcanum patch by drogg which i downloaded recently and also does it balance technology compared to magic a bit. as i remember it was severely underpowered. dont know does Unoff.Arc.Patch does this too ?

Tnx for your answer :)

15. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

The AWIP has elements of an older version of Drog's UAP incorporated into it, so don't install the latest version of the UAP if you intend to run the AWIP as it will cause problems. From the look of the changelog, some spells seem to get a rebalance (typically to make overpowered ones like Harm less damaging) in order to put technology on a more even footing. Also no, the UAP doesn't rebalance technology and magick as it is intended as more of a patch/restoration mod rather than a full-scale gameplay mod.

Hope this was of some help.

16. Mister Anderson

Mister Anderson New Member

Hello there, I have a question about the well of souls part.

There seems to be a large maze existing there, but I cant seem to be able to enter it anywere?[​IMG]

What can possible be the problem here? Is there a scripted event I forgot? would anyone here kindly explain how you usually enter it

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Walking between the pillars should teleport you inside, similarly to Tulla's entrance.

18. Bigg.I

Bigg.I New Member

Hi, I have Arcanum for 8 years? Played first time when I was 10 with no patches and with no manual or something, in english (I am from Czech Republic) and I didn't know english in that times. I remember I was on Isle od Despair. The game was forgotten, but one day I explored it :). My eyes were like 2 stars :D. Installed again last summer and get to Quintarra.. but there was something bad with levelling up (after the years, that story in game is amazing and that atmosphere!!!! I have never imagine this game could be alive for long time.... I was exploring this forum for a week and I don't know what should I install to my clean instalation of Arcanum. Now you can think I am stupid, but really not, I have been installing mods and unnoficial patches to many games -
    IL 2 sturmovik, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends....
    I want to complete the game with levelling up (and xp points) and no bugs
    So please can someone write to me WHAT and THE ORDER IN WHICH may I install?

Sincereley, Bigg.I, Arcanum fan, Czech Republic :)
    PS: Sorry for my bad english and maybe bad topic

19. Mister Anderson

Mister Anderson New Member

Thanks muro(I forgot to thank you)

What I understand now was that there was conflicting mods that interfered with the script. I thought that since the areas did show up the mod would be working perfectly. the mod that was interferring was the 127 level hack. so I uninstalled and then installed it again and it works nicely

I also figured out the raven romance that I missed out on my original run in 2001, 12 years ago.
    You have to:
    be male
    preferedly(but maybe not neccesary) 100 good alignment
    I was 60 magicka when I tried recruting her.

You have to pick the middle option of wanting her when trying to recruit her.
    you have to ASK her about the places that you currently are at(I never thought about asking or talking to her since most of the places when I tried back in 2001 there was no dialoge) at towns mostly. like rosenbourough, tarant,ashbury, caledon.

The detail of the shire is greatly done via classic rpg art.
    One thing I really wanted, was some WIP map of said new locations. I remember before the uninstall a area where I could run really really really REALLY way up in a mountain with some big snake creatures at the top. they were so big one was pixalated. all I remember.

In short, is there any map here about the WIP mod?
    Also pardon me for my grammar

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

For the romance with Raven, you also have to be a human, an elf or a mix of both.

By map do you mean a way to know where are all the new areas located?

If so, Virgil can mark the added locations on your map right at the beginning. Alternatively you can use the Atlas of Arcanum to do the same. It's located in the library in Tarant.

Welcome to the House of Lords, Bigg.I.

The sequence depends on whether you want to play a normal game or one with mods (and if the latter, what mods exactly).

For a normal game, the sequence (I assume English version) would be this:

1. Default Arcanum install
    2. Official 1.0.7.4 Patch
    3. Drog Black Tooth's Unofficial Arcanum Patch v091225
    Optional after that:
    4. HQ Maps
    5. HQ Music
    6. High Resolution Patch

If you want to install rroyo's A:WIP mod (which I suspect you do, seeing how you posted in its thread), the sequence is the same as above, but you install the A:WIP instead of the UAP. Instead, because the WIP already has a nearly-latest version of the UAP within itself + installing both would lead to errors. So, reassuming, if you want to play with the A:WIP, the sequence is:

1. Default Arcanum install
    2. Official 1.0.7.4 Patch
    3. rroyo's A:WIP 6.0
    Optional after that:
    4. HQ Maps
    5. HQ Music
    6. High Resolution Patch

Personal biased advice: I would wait with playing with the A:WIP until after you finished Arcanum at least once. A:WIP can be imbalanced at times, which can be fun but at the same time gamebreaking.

Our Host!