Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Wasteland: That would do it! Love to know how this got changed......
    About Lasou's buggy flag-setting - that was corrected, tested in-game no less than three times and it's still doing it.....
    I'm goin' to hafta give that boy a talkin' to!

Thank for letting me know.

Frosted Ambassador: Darkform is right.
    So - Run around the wilderness for a while - take in a handful of quests you haven't done in ages, go walking around Tarant after dark - there's still plenty of ways to raise your levels.

BTW: Would someone who's headed for Brandybuck and plans to buy the hobbit-hole be good enough to tell me if Frigo's nighttime toggle-off is working right? He and the twins should walk to the door of Frigo's place and disappear until morning.

2. team a

team a New Member

Perfect! That's exactly what I was hoping it was. How fortuitous that Troika used different art for each manual, rather than one piece of art for every manual, which would have required some pain in the ass proto editing. As I said, i was thinking about doing that, but there are also dozens of things I've been thinking of doing. Where did you find this? First the Lost Dungeon of Souls, then this new Arcanum art... I would have thought that there wasn't much out there in English that t-a didn't have.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've already bought the hobbit hole, will that mean Frigo won't go there?

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Team a: T'e'MHbIu, and the manuals are at the Russian site - Arcanumclub.ru. Oddly enough, the thread for this has an English title: Manual View Patch.

Vorak: No, no, Frigo is still there. During the day he stands in the field, but at night he goes to the doorway of his place and turns off until morning; then back to the field at daybreak.

It's only because he uses two toggling scripts that I'm wondering if everything is still working properly.

5. team a

team a New Member

Oh, that's tricky. I'll take a look at this when I start playing A:WIP again. Now that I'm almost done with Dusty Dunes, I have to figure out how much of my mod I can live with releasing for my first release. After all, like A:WIP, I don't know if it'll ever end...

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

team a: I hear ya, guy!

Wasteland: The explosive listings are fixed and I know why they were screwed up. I was using the schematic listings from Car-Arcanum. Chris had rearranged them to his liking.

This still doesn't explain why the bought Fire Obstruction won't work for Pyro-bows.

Edit: Fixed the cow in Hardin's Pass by making a lighter-colored one.
    Located and fixed an overlooked flag-setting path in Lasou's dialog.
    Regenerated the Uncharted Cave map.
    Fixed Yoki's dialog.
    Locked the containers in Leahbo.

2nd Edit: Frigo, your namesake's dialog cycled through without problem on three tries. I'm not sure what happened with you. What was your alignment?

7. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

The Fire obstruction wasn't bought, I bought the ingredients after trying with the ones taken from the Hand. Possibly a linked script issue?

8. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

Question:

Once you leave Shrouded Hills, the gnome Molochean Hand guy is there. If I run up, he simply appears instead of what one would hopefully walk up and see him there. Maybe you could move the script tile back a few squares or so?

(This is in default Arcanum too.)

9. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

The same kind of thing happens at the Isle of Despair with the bandits and Captain Teach. Once I talked to Thorvald first then went on the quests after. When I reached the camp from the world map the bandits magically appeared then where hit for massive damage and died. Makes listening to Teach's fight story kind of funny cause you now know how it "Really Happened" :lol:

Edit: 2 things about Cattan. The second plantation is not finished, correct?

The quest to find the son on the island seems to be broken, I found him, talked to him, he asked me to relay a message to his parents in Brandybuck, I accepted. Now when I return to Brandybuck I have no option to tell the parents of their son's safety. Is this incomplete also or did I miss something?

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Frosted Ambassador: Actually, I'm going to leave well enough alone with the agent. You trip the tile script about half-way across the bridge and on the rare times I walked across (old memories here), he would already be standing there.

Wastelandhero: 1) Right. Letting the player appear there only to find themselves surrounded by Vortahm was kind of a nasty joke on my part, but it sets the theme for Brookeside.

2) Fixed!

11. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

So are you planning on re-releasing 4.0 or are these going to be 5.0 fixes?

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Actually, I haven't decided. Since the reported problems have been fairly small, I am leaning more towards a patch to get everyone by until the next release, but if a major problem pops up, then I'll go with a new one.

Vorak - "James Bond" disappears like he's supposed to with me.
    If you plan to start a new game anytime soon, double-click the Drog'sCleanCache.bat before you do. Perhaps that'll solve your problem.

13. Darkform

Darkform New Member

*a dark form makes some hand signs and a army of undead rises saying*

AWIP 4.1 AWIP 4.1 AWIP 4.1 AWIP 4.1

14. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

So... The man in the house wasn't James Bond originally? Oh my god, I thought it was so obvious with the silenced gun and the many different outfits... And Jaws, on top of that, as a HO.

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

No - It was Louis Devon. I hadn't even imagined the Bond/Jaws angle.

In the first couple releases, Louis was the dead man in the place across the street, with the trapdoor to nowhere and the ruffians who attacked you.
    Then I turned off Louis and the trapdoor and folks grumbled about the Devon place being too easy to have and no backstory for its existance.
    So.... I made the murderous half-ogre, then turned Louis back on and moved him across the street to make a murder scene.
    Now they get new names.

Evolution in action.

{31236}{- 1007 Kensington Broadway * J. Bond Residence -}
    {31382}{James Bond}
    {31383}{"Jaws"}

Edit: There will be a 5.0 release sooner than I thought. When I added the Vormantown scripting, I didn't realise or think to check if they would cause a conflict with the stand-alone mods. So I just copied them as-is with the original numbers.

Well....
    An attempt to check out a fix for Dusty Dunes had the general store merchant using Shackleford's dialog. Not good....

Since I need to restructure my hack to take full advantage of the Arcanum Patch, I'll take a little extra time and renumber the Vormantown scripting to avoid the overlaps.

16. frosted ambassador

Thought of incorporating ALL of the Arcanum modules in your expansion?

Anyways, the bugs:

1) Cannot accept the master of persuasion quest from Willoughby, no matter how hard I tried.
    2) Harry "Baules" has 55,000 dollars. I just shot him in the head and took it. Not very balanced there.
    3) Some shopkeepers in your custom villages have NO inventory.
    4) Brandybuck, when entering inside a house, you need to put an impassible tile outside of the door of each house. I can walk outside onto the dirt. Also, the dirt shouldn't be outside the door.
    5) Virgil will not mark your map after becoming "good."
    6) Nothing to do in one of those islands you can visit.
    7) Alot of your dialog tends to go past default Arcanum's barrier limit.

For example, you might have one line saying:

Hello, my name is " " and I do not know who you are.

While Arcanum says:

Hello, my name is " "
    and I do not know who
    you are.

8) How do you finish Vormantown/Ivory Island?
    9) Alot of random encounters. Almost too many.
    10) What's with Louis Devon?
    11) Create Sheet Metal results in a crash of Arcanum.
    12) Tends to freeze every 30 minutes, for 30 seconds.

Thanks again, I played it for 12 hours and just noticed these bugs.

17. frosted ambassador

18. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well I'll answer a few of these before rroyo gets here.

1) I've done Willoughby's quest already without issue. Are you using the character editor at all? Because if you have already made yourself a Master you can't get the quest.

2) Not really, you can kill other people for more money than that

3) Its all a work in progress (hence the name Arcanum:WIP), however giving specific examples ie. which shopkeepers and where they are will help speed things up.

6) Same as 3, its not finished yet.

10) Nothings really with him, its just a free house.

12) Again, this doesn't happen for me I'd be inclined to say its something wrong on your end rather than the mod itself.

19. Darkform

Darkform New Member

in stock game you can
    visit any Gypsy start trade but not buy anything for a few days then kill her
    and get lots of gold depending on how long you wait before killing.

20. frosted ambassador

I didn't even know a character editor existed. :/

Our Host!