Arcanum:WIP 3-0 Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I think it should be easyer to find Brandybrok first time I found it I was comeing from Gorgons pass going to Blackroot. the only time I was told there was such a town in game was when I talked to a corpse. I think the whole town should be moved to a spot between Shrouded Hills and Derholme close enough to the walk path to see it when your travleing from Shrouded Hills to Derholme.

really it is a low lvl town with low lvl quests it should be found before Blackroot and defenintly before Gorgons Pass.

after first time finding it each new game I go around where it is to find it walking in circles till I see it because it's a good after Shrouded Hills town but not so much after Blackroot.

2. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Also, there's a major graphics bug with the area of Cattan that you land on, and there are several bugged quests (The spider one on cattan, the one where you go to cattan to find the hobbit's son)

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I chose the location below the "bridge" (on the world map) because I always go that route from Tarant to Dernholm.

Being a little off the beaten path, Brandybuck is one of those places that's nice when you find it but completely unnecessary to the basic game. Kind of like the Ancient Ruins.

Besides - it could be worse. Brandybuck's original location was going to be the top of the river's oxbow. That would have definately put it off the beaten path.

Spiffy: Define "major graphics bug with the area of Cattan that you land on"

If it's about the docks suddenly ending and no town - that's as far as I went during that part of the build.
    I do want to hear about anything else.

Also - I recently learned that the Vortahms' spells got wiped during packing and a global flag number on the halfling's son got changed.

These have been corrected, tested in packed form, and are in the next release.
    Thanks for letting me know though.

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

If you go south from the docks then there's a boat (the grass turns into a boat on water, I can't really explain it, but it's a graphics problem).

5. Darkform

Darkform New Member

when coming from Tarant I just click a little past bridge and it's a strait shot to Dernholm never get Brandybuck that way. + the only reason to goto Dernholm from Tarant early in game is for Toone quest and I pick up that and tax quest same time then go Tarant-Blackroot-Dernholm making 1 long trip instead of allot of trips.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just checked the site, and damn me if it isn't there!

You're not the one having a problem, Spiffy - I am. :p
    Wish someone would have told me this sooner.... I just submitted 4.0.

Darkform: Different playing styles I guess.

Anyway - Brandybuck is set for a pop-up radius of 20, which makes it easier to find.

7. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Just wondering, when is 4.0 going to be released? :D

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I sent the download links to Mathboy this afternoon. (Pacific time)

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Oh, sweet! So it should be up like tomorrow?

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

No guarantees.
    If and when it gets hosted here, it'll be available soon afterwards.

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Oh my god, A++++ on the Uncharted Cave. I literally had an "Oh shit" moment, which doesn't happen much in games. The storyline of it is amazing, and ties is so well with the Arcanum sotryline. A few suggestions on it:

1. The Fireking Armor is a bit too overpowered. I know that it's supposed to be uber, but this is pushing the limit (all of my followers now have 100+ AC)

2. Add the Wizard's skeleton next to his book/journal. Since he was obviously killed while he was writing, it would make sense for his skeleton to be there.

3. If you haven't already, make the human's journal useful when you get to Kree. Maybe you can talk to a barbarian there and show him the journal.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

:D Glad to hear it!

I was trying to make the armour extremely fire-resistant and didn't quite know how. This is one of several things that'll need to be redone.

Did you go out the back exit? The lack of skeletons gets explained once you're outside.

I really can't imagine any of the barbarians knowing anything useful about a somewhat obscure person who died around 2000 years ago - But... There is still the possibility of it being desired by a - shall we say - less than honest antiquities collector?

I've been making notes for new thieves' quests.

13. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Just one question about 4.0. Is the pyrotech bow fixed? Will I be able to use stuff taken from the Hand to make it?

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's two questions. :p

In order: Yes and no.

It worked every time I tried it, but no, you won't (I think...) be able to get the supplies from the Hand.

I reset the inventories on the Hand and removed just about everything.

15. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Outside it says the sign from the Wheel Clan, but that doesnt mean that the skeletons would be gone, would it? I mean, the human's skeleton is still there. And what about if you can give the journal to a historian? Preferably Erick Obsidian, since he's with the Wheel Clan.

Oh, also, can you fix the bug with Thrayne Iron Heart in the Wheel Clan? He gives a quest, but sometimes he goes to sleep and never wakes up (which happened to me).

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

[quote "the sign"]EXTREME DANGER!. Do not enter here. There is a powerful curse at work within. You will find the master and students buried behind you in the circle of new trees. A more detailed note is on the Master's person. You have our sympathies. (signed) The Wheel Clan[/quote]

Spiffy....... :/

(BTW: This was written ages ago. The trees would no longer be new....)

Edit: There's no note on the master's body. No body either.

I half-considered him, but he's already got a couple things going.

Done. He no longer goes to bed.

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Oh :lol: I didn't notice that

Oh, and thanks on the fix.

You should, however, do something with the journal, since it has a lot of important things in it.

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Edit: Outdated information removed.

19. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Hey, I was playing and I read the History of The Isle Of Despair book in the Tarant library, and it said that archeologists believe that there are ancient ruins under the island. I think that this would be a cool addition as a dungeon in the game :D

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I know..... :D

Reason #2 I made a safe way back to Despair.
    (#1 was that damned book I kept forgetting....)

Our Host!