Arcanum:WIP 3-0 Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

So, I have a problem making the pyrotech bow. First off I am running 2.2 because I wanted the nice thieve's leather from the dead thief in Shrouded Hills. My problem I hope is not an issue with releases of A:WIP.

I bought the compound Bow in Tarant when I first got there. Then bought the schematic and learned it. From one of the hand encounters I was able to get a fire obstruction so I went back to Tarant and bought the required manuals to get my tech stat up to what was needed. When I go to make it, it says I am missing an item.

When I checked my inventory just to make sure I noticed that the schematic also says Barrier of fire in the desciption of the requirements, As does the the description in learned schematics. So I assumed that the fire obstruction I got off the hand was different than what the game looks for, as it did not say Barrier of Fire", when building the pyrobow.

I then proceeded to increase my explosives up fire obstuction so I could make it myself. When all requirements were met and the fire obstruction was made, I still get the same issue when trying to make the pyrobow. The description does not say barrier of fire on the stuff I made either.

Is this an issue with WIP? I have not tried to do this with a stock game yet, so I don't know what happens.

I know the machined plate was bugged, is the fire obstuction bugged also?

2. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

So, I have a problem making the pyrotech bow. First off I am running 2.2 because I wanted the nice thieve's leather from the dead thief in Shrouded Hills. My problem I hope is not an issue with releases of A:WIP.

I bought the compound Bow in Tarant when I first got there. Then bought the schematic and learned it. From one of the hand encounters I was able to get a fire obstruction so I went back to Tarant and bought the required manuals to get my tech stat up to what was needed. When I go to make it, it says I am missing an item.

When I checked my inventory just to make sure I noticed that the schematic also says Barrier of fire in the desciption of the requirements, As does the the description in learned schematics. So I assumed that the fire obstruction I got off the hand was different than what the game looks for, as it did not say Barrier of Fire", when building the pyrobow.

I then proceeded to increase my explosives up fire obstuction so I could make it myself. When all requirements were met and the fire obstruction was made, I still get the same issue when trying to make the pyrobow. The description does not say barrier of fire on the stuff I made either.

Is this an issue with WIP? I have not tried to do this with a stock game yet, so I don't know what happens.

I know the machined plate was bugged, is the fire obstuction bugged also.

Edit: I bought the kerosene if that matters. I am also unsure if a schematic is needed for kerosene.

I am up to level 34 and do not want to start this build over, a solo prowling bow master, and run it on a stock game.

3. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I gave 1-4 Exiting scrolls to Virgil yesterday and went to get one today and all he has is 3 revive scrolls I gave him and a Med Spider Heal scroll that I didn't give him. I think somewhere along the way he turned the Exiting scroll/s I think 3 into 1 Med Spider Heal scroll.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Wasteland:
    It was an overlooked problem that should be fixed for the 3.0 release - at least it worked all the times I tried it. But then you're using the 2.2..... :/
    Forget about the pyro-bow for now. Sorry.
    Oh, and about the kerosene - there is no schematic for it. General stores and inventors sell it.

Darkform:
    Do you mean a schematic? Either way that's an odd bug. I have no idea why that would happen.
    I've seen followers use up items, create new items, and even lose important things, but never change something that completely.

Edit: {11142}{Med Spider Heal}

I'll be damned. All this time and I never even knew it existed.

Take a look at what I just noticed:

{11141}{Scroll of Exiting}
    {11142}{Med Spider Heal}

I encountered a similar bug several months ago where the game engine decided to jump numbers on me. I had to repair the basic game to get rid of it.

5. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

That didn't work for me. Can someone please help me fix this? I'd rather not have every single location marked :/

6. Darkform

Darkform New Member

look at the 4th post in this topic page 1.

LOL

7. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Question: Does Faithe have any interesting dialogue? Caus if so I'll get her, but if not I'd rather have Sogg.

EDIT: And does she ever get into technology?

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Depends upon your definition of interesting, but compared to most of the Troika-made followers, no she doesn't. There is a point where you have the option of asking what she does to earn money between jobs, but that's about as good as it gets.

2) No she doesn't. She's on the Gunfighter-Doctor leveling scheme. Although it makes her a bit tech-oriented, she doesn't develop anything more than firearm use skills.
    {65}-Gunfighter Doctor {firearms 4, heal 4, firearms 12, pe 10, melee 4, heal 8, cn 8, melee 8, pe 12, heal 12, firearms 16, pe 15, heal 16, firearms 20, melee 12, heal 20, pe 18, cn 20}

10. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I mean interesting dialogue throughout the game, like does she comment on anything (Nasrudin, P. Schyler and Sons, Iron Clan) or have conversations with other followers?

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Oh, now I understand - and no she doesn't.
    Faithe does have comments about a few of areas, like Tarant, Black Root, and such, but nothing outside that.

12. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Hey, I just got to Tarant and I'd like to report 2 problems:

1. Faithe joined me even though I was level 3 and she was level 4. Don't you usually have to be the same level as the follower to have him/her join you?

2. As soon as I got to Tarant I headed over to the abandoned home to stash a few things, and there was an Ogre in there who attacked me. I normally wouldn't be too bothered by this, since I killed him easily, but after I killed him it lowered my alliance by 1 point. Can you please fix either of these problems?

Thanks.

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) With Faithe, she checks for alignment more than level, and reasonably close on the levels is good enough.

2) Fixed!

14. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Is there any way I can have this fix and not have to start a new file?

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The character editor will do the trick.
    Fair warning: Once in a while it corrupts your save.

Or - Go give a couple coins to one of the beggers. That safely raises your alignment.

16. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

17. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Thanks, but no.
    Adding one song was enough.

18. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Well, I've been playing all morning and have noticed several problems:

1. The dialogue in the new areas are very bland (most people don't even have dialogue, just the usual "How do you do")

2. There aren't any rumors for any of the new towns

3. There are several empty buildings in new towns

4. Brandybuck is WAY too big, and there is TONS of unused land in it

I do, however, love your architechture in the new areas :D

19. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

By the way, I love Lynchbay or whatever it's called. I also love the hunting lodge :D

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Thank you.
    (It's Lynchbany)

I'm still not done with Brandybuck as I had planned three to four more little farms, but the buildings I had found were photographed at the wrong angle for decent merging into the game.

Also - The more I think about it, the better the idea of moving the town center to the general area of the big field is starting to sound.

We discussed this once before and places like Lynchbany, Brandybuck, and Plainwicke do have rumors that get entered into your book. Brandybuck has 12 by itself.

Our Host!