Arcanum:WIP 3-0 Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkform

Darkform New Member

so far I wish it was about 1.50 per lvl or 1.75 . if I don't goto Canton it's hard to be lvl 12 to get Dante when doing the Taxes. maybe double starting after lvl 12 would be good.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I was factoring in the random encounters on Cattan as well as the Vortahm when I decided to start doubling from level 11.

Keep me apprised on the your progress if you would. There's still time to reset the leveling numbers.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

So I just killed Kerghan and got back to the Crash Site. First thing I noticed was that when I went down to the world map, Virgil suddenly started saying his speech that he says after you ressurect him in the inns basement in Caladon.

Also, can you please make it so you can loot Kerghan and his robe after you kill him? You can make the robe have the graphic of Kerghan, that would be awesome. And can you make dialogue for after you finish the game? Like everyone loving you, and you having a conversation with Bates/Nasrudin/Loghaire/everyone else important about The Void? It would really makes going back to Arcanum much cooler and funner. And if it's possible, how about you make a zone (doesnt have to be big, and definitely not as big as Arcanum) that you get ported to instead of the usual Arcanum if you beat the game siding with Kerghan?

1 more thing - How do I get to my ending?

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Oh, also, I found Kerghan's journal in the Stone Cutter Clan place. Can you make some dialogue for him with it?

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm no where near skilled enough for most of what you mentioned, but I can help you with this:

Go pick-pocket Althea for a certain ring she has.

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

What about the robe? Would it really be that hard to give it the graphic of kerghan? I can't see why it would be any different than giving it any other graphic.

Also, not trying to push you, but my requests simply revolve around dialogue, which from what I can tell you know how to do :p

Oh, and who's Althea? :lol:

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I don't think that you should be able to loot Kerghan. Something tells me that his robe is more or less useless, other than to hide the fact that he's a monster underneath.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm in full agreement with Wolfsbane about the looting Kergan, I have too much on my plate already to be even thinking adding more dialogs with existing characters*, and Althea is the Shrouded Hills librarian.

*They're good ideas though.

That should not have happened. Probably a glitch.

Did this happen to anyone else?

I can confirm this for certain now. Any Fire Obstruction you make can be used to make a Pyrotechnic Bow. For some reason, the already-made stuff isn't being recognized and that's where part of the problem was.

I've removed Fire Obstruction from all the inventories, so that should take care of that problem. Unless, of course, it happens to be a placed item - but I can't recall ever seeing that before.

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Okay, I understand :)

Also, to Wolfsbane: I thought Kerghan was just a human :/

10. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I did all but 2 Quests before BMC Mines and I'm lvl 17.54 . I have always been lvl 20-22 by then (skipping allot of quests) so 2x exp to gain a lvl is to much. I skipped Workshop (I like to save it to lvl followers after I'm lvl 50) and I can do elven Tomb but judging by how slow my lvl bar is moving I won't be lvl 18 even with Elven Tomb before BMC Mine.

I have 3 Spot Traps and 1 Disarm Traps I would like 3 Disarm before I get into the heavy trapped Hallway of BMC Mine.

if I'm this low this early and EACH lvl above this one is also 2x exp to get then I will need lvl 30 way before I get lvl 30. I debated about forcing Ashbury and doing it's quests to lvl me up right but then where would I lvl up to Isle of Dispares lvl?

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Thanks! This gives me a better idea of the effects on the leveling scheme than I had before.

I'll drop them back to 1.75% and see how well that works with the general public.
    And I took your suggestion about starting at level 12 instead of 11.

12. Wolfsbane

If you haven't faced him yet, you'll know when you do.

13. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Am I assumming correctly that 4.0 is not yet officially released and the discussion on it is mearly testing? I am getting antsy waiting for a link.

14. Darkform

Darkform New Member

all the things he asked for me to check after I told him the start point was set in the Grey Mountains I already checked, so it is just a mater of him fixing what needs it tho I am pointing out other things when I find them.

looks like I may be the only one with Dog having inventory because it has major problems and he is changing Dog back. mostly he will use items and will equip left hand item, gloves, boots, helm, necklace, and rings. just a little to much to explane how he does all that in role play terms.

as soon as I heard Dog was going to not have inventory I took all stuff off dog I wanted and left him empty. of course emptying him when he picks stuff up also unless no one else has room then I empty what he has into the next container I find.

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Wasteland & everyone else:

Double-checking 300+ changes takes time.

I packed the DATs this morning, and now begins another round of testing to see what, if anything got scewed up.

As soon as I'm satisfied all's well, I'll make a .exe and upload, then download, unpack and check again.

If there's no new problems after all that, then I'll give the link to Mathboy and it'll be available soon after that.

16. Darkform

Darkform New Member

ya Magick and Technology doesn't mix so he can't magickally make it work he has to do it the slow way.

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I've beaten the game 4 times, I dont remember anything about him being a monster, though...

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Are you killing him before he has a chance to change?

19. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Are you using Drogg's patched EXE in your release, because of the sprite mirroring thingy?

If not, is it safe to take the EXE from his patch and use it with A:WIP?

20. Wolfsbane

Um... There are two possible outcomes for this one.

1. You're fast.
    2. You're blind.

Please confirm one (or both) of these.

Our Host!