Arcanum:WIP 3-0 Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Spider Cave - WHAT THE FUCK? I literally just spent at least a half hour just running through this entire fuckin maze (yes, running - I got tired of killing spider after spider after spider so I just started running past them because I was anxious to see what's at the end). I was sure that if I had to go through all of this hell then there would be a promising reward at the end! But when I got to the end, all there were was tons of level 50 spiders and about 100 star rubies - something that I don't even have a use for. I'm sorry, but exactly what were you thinking when you made this zone? :/

Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm just kind of annoyed.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

He was thinking probably the same thing Troika did when they made the Gnomish Conspiracy :)

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I plead temporary insanity in all matters regarding the Spider Cave.

Since we're on the subject of that mistake - Where would be a good place to cut it off?
    Level 1, level 2? It's currently four levels.

Now that I know how to make workable toggle-on scripts, the Spider Cave is going to be reworked in December or January.

The outside will remain the same, but inside you'll find only the occasional spider - until you try to return to the exit.

BTW Spiffy, sell the Star Rubies. For a while at least, that's all they are good for.
    Someday there will be a rich wacko in Monaco who'll want 20 of them in exchange for some info on the Iron Clan's missing treasure.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Everyone loves rich wackos...This one in particular could be an eccentric performer who likes to have slumber parties with young boys. Or halflings.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Exactly! His name should be something totally original... like Jack Michaelson.

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Hey, can you buff up Hamfist, please? His stats and skills aren't that great :/
    He's also missing a portrait.

Oh, and can you add "What do you know of this place?" questions to the followers for the new towns?

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Darkfool: I think I like it.

Spiffy: Oh yeah, Hamfist.
    When I pulled most of the portraits, his pic got lost. Sorry.

As for his stats and skills - he's level 35 with the Pure Melee/Dodge scheme and starting with 12 Expert in both Melee and Dodge plus 8 Beginner in Spot Trap.

Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution are all set for 13.

Since he needs some room to level up, what more is needed?

All three new followers have these; Faithe and Hamfist know only of the original towns and such, while Wrinko also knows of Brandybuck.

FYI: When Priscilla joins the list, her dialog is original and contains no knowledge of the outside world. It will stay that way.

Since you're talking about Hamfist, I'm going to assume his dialog is acting up again. This happened a couple times before. I had assumed it was just a glitch, but perhaps I was wrong.
    *makes note*

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Yeah, but the problem with his skills is that he's a hybrid, as in he goes into several things and becomes just O.K. at them, instead of focusing on a few things and becoming great at them. Since he's a Half-Ogre he shouldn't be focusing on several things. Sogg at level 35 had 24 strength and full melee.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Huh.... I think I'll compare Sogg's scheme to the Pure Melee/Dodge.
    At higher levels Sogg is quite the tank.

10. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

So I finally finished Iron Clan... or at least most of it. There are 2 rooms that I just can't figure out how to get into. One of them is a room that I can see, but I can't get into. It has a ladder in it and stuff. The other one is the treasure room, which I got the key to, but I can't cross the river.

Also, I've found out you main problem with modding. You're architecture is fantastic, but you make the zones WAY too big. There are literally dozens of minutes of just running through empty tunnels. Please fix this up, please

11. Darkform

Darkform New Member

read stuff you find

ya the tunnels are a little empty, I was thinking there should be traps or minor monsters like rats in there. (I was holding my breath thinking for sure my followers would set off ALLOT of traps that I happen to have just missed but was actually there.) looks like a trap cave and traps could fit in the story, they was worried someone would find there way in. (it would give people that bothered getting spot/disarm traps Mastery something to use those skills on. I have always wondered why those mastery's are given after all the major traps when you don't realy need the skills anymore.)

Pick Locks Mastery is a little late game also but you made something for it. I think there should be a unbreakable lock tho that really needs Master Lock Pick skill somewhere, maybe a lost cave or a extra room in Iron Clan tho Iron Clan has enough loot maybe to much (I left about 99% of it when I played a char thru it and that char was even a Techie and they like random loot.).

maybe a super locked room with unbreakable lock in Vendigroth that has some compleated tech stuff in it even Vendigroth stuff (I always thought Vedigroth had to little loot.). maybe it was a shop and the unbreakable high difficulty lock is to the backroom where a breakable high diffuculty locked container is holding the good loot.

12. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I read the two notes that I found and neither one of them really tell me where to go.

13. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Oh, found it. The reason I was confused is because I thought that the
    west enterance was the one that I came into at first

I'm still really dissapointed by the treasure room though. All it is is the same item over and over again. I was expecting a really cool unique item in there...

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Edit: You posted again just before I got this done.

And...

I'm working from memory here:

Found in the workbench - "Make sure the west entrance is secured..."

That should tell you there's another way in. Someplace west of the original entrance perhaps....

Hint: Follow the mountains.

Found at the refinery - "Meet you in Caladon at the new temple..." and the name Mondal Shale-fist.....?

That should tell you where to start looking for the key to the king's safe.
    Since you already have the key to the treasure room, you can skip this part.

But I like big mazes.....
    I suppose that when I yank the treasure out of there, I could arrange for a few more collapsed tunnels. That'll break it up some more.

Darkform: More traps and critters are a possibility, but the unpickable lock seems to be just out of reach.

Taking a cue from Vormantown, I'm wondering if the safe could be scripted to open only if you have the IC safe key in your inventory...
    I'll have to check it out.

15. Darkform

Darkform New Member

not UNPICKABLE I said

UNBREAKEABLE pickable with Master Lock Pick skill. NOT UNPICKABLE.

I think that safe you was talking about should be like that. but maybe a little easier to pick than that safe because with Master Lockpick skil and Auto Skeleton Key I saved and reloaded 10 times jamming that lock before I decided it's taking to long and just bashed it open. I think the Iron Clan safe in Tarant is easier to pick but still needs Master Lock Pick skill.

if you want it to only open with key try making it ALWAYS be jammed. a key can open a jammed lock. but I sudjest unbreakeable but Pickable with Master Lock Pick skill, don't need just anyone with a bow, firearm, throwing weapon or Repair skill being able to get in.

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I stand corrected.

At least that much still works right.
    I was hoping to make it difficult enough to make the player want to travel to Caladon and back.

I learn something new every day. Thanks!

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Undergoing some REALLY!! extensive testing.

The critical flaw mentioned above (the start location was way off) was but one thing that was found to be wrong. Among other things, a few descriptions got changed.

Luckily, and unlike the 2.0 release, this was caught early enough to make corrections before everyone got their hands on it.

Be patient, Spiffy. It will be released soon enough.
    In the meantime, the bug-search continues.

19. Darkform

Darkform New Member

Spiffy I might have been the first one that downloaded 4.0 and started new game on it. like he said location was way off, I had to save as soon as I got in edit save and give myself max Prowl + Mastery because there was a lvl 35 bear right beside me at start. it was a long walk of Prowling to get to Crash Sight. first thing I did was PM him and when he responded I was already at Crash Sight so I just keept playing and telling him what is different or odd.

if the link is still up and you have char editor and are willing to walk the whole Arcanum and force a Pass then I don't see why you shouldn't test it also.

oh BTW I edited myself back to 0 Prowl no Mastery after I got to Crash Sight.

one tip on 4.0 watch your lvl because you lvl slower.

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Far out! I was hoping that would work properly.

I doubled the exp points needed from level 11 and up to help offset the new early-game adventures and once in a while it wouldn't work....

Darkform - since you are playing with this new leveling scheme; is mere doubling adaquate, or should I go for a bit more - say 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 times stock?

Our Host!