Arcanum Theory

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by DarkFool, Dec 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I rank you slightly above being a Johnny Slacker.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Gawd, I do so HATE Johnny Slacker, no matter what nationality.

My tombstone?

"Here lies Xiao, denied breath, short in life and shorter in death."

3. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

His empire was based on stealing an Acorn OS, swapping "A:" for "C:" and then calling it DOS.
    It was quite some time ago that I saw the programme so I don't remember the exact details and googling it isn't any use because if you believe the internet then Bill Gates stole the apple from the garden of Eden before selling it to the serpent.

I would say that "integral" is pushing it a bit. It's really only a few references. After all in the divine comedy they journey through hell, purgatory and heaven and Virgil is doomed to go to hell regardless of his actions. Whereas the whole point of Virgil in the game is that he can damn or save himself through his / your choices.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tongs is right.... Virgil does get the short end of the stick in the original story. What say we consider Arcanum's Virgil, Dante, et all, to be suggested by Divine Comedy?

My tombstone - Doesn't exist. I want to be cremated and my ashes used to fertilize a patch of poison ivy at a nudist colony. To make up for all the trouble I didn't cause while I was alive. :lol:

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well, by integral I meant more important than the Gates reference. Maybe not the best choice of words.

You are right about Virgil though, poor bastard.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Host!