Arcanum Tale

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by flamethrower, Dec 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

Introductions

I was burn in wrong time in wrong place. I was just burn in age of powerful magic ruled the world of Arcanum. In that time, there’s no such thing called ‘technology’! As I the elf, the time has passed along fast than I thought. As 290 years passed, some dwarven invented thing such called ‘steam engine’. My great fear had come, I had never thought the new invention could rule the day. But it did… Soon, the magical age had ended. Many races gone with technology. Soon the city of Tarant, city of technology, has been overcrowded. Technologists all around the world had moved to city of Tarant. But I still didn’t forget old way of magic…

It all begin in May 14, 1631, I was a passenger of IFS Zeppelin. I had planned to see my brother in Tarant, I thought he’ll be surprised to see my powerful Fire spells that I studied over past years. When I went aboard, I made a friend with a gnome. We shared our own knowledge. He was impressed about my Fire college spells, and I was impressed by his ‘technology masterpieces’ too. After few hours, Zeppelin had come to stonewall range, the most dangerous mountain range in Arcanum. First, I was frightened by these mountain ranges. Zeppelin could crash into these mountains at any time, but the result is worse than I thought…

A huge bombing sound woke me up, I was frightened by everything happened at this time. As I woke up, I run out my room fast as I could, but it’s too late already. At this point, all I see is just 2 dangerous looking flying device with few orcish creatures on it. They don’t seem to be friendly. But their eyes if filled with anger, they seemed to hatred to the Zeppelin. Without a word, they bursted their engine device. And they destroyed themselves, and Zeppelin. Soon, the IFS Zeppelin crushed on wilderness… this is all I can say how did my great adventure begin.

Chapter 1

When I woke up, I feel my entire body is burning. I was inside crushed Zeppelin helplessly. I was just waiting for my life to be quenched. But I hear a voice, a familiar voice… “The gnome!� I thought. Then I pushed the steel out my way, and I walk up to the gnome tiredly. He seems to be brutally hurt, and he’s spirit could be out his body at any time! But before he dies, he said something…

“Listen friend, we don’t got lots of time left… here, take this ring…� he hardly smiled to me as he said.
    “The ring? Oh, yes…� I take the ring out his bloody hand as I said.
    “Bring… the… ring to the boy… he awaits you… hurry… tell him… the evil one, will… returns!�
    “What boy? And who’s the evil one? Please explain…�
    “You most… give the ring… to the… boy…� he closed his eye as he said the last word…

I watched he dies, I can’t believe all these things happened, it most be a horrible nightmare! But sadly, it isn’t… then suddenly, huge metal steel knocked me out. I feel my entire bodies are bleeding, I feel this is end of my life… Then I see a strange shadow run up to me, I look closer to the shadow… it’s a human, but who is he? Is he the one who tried to attack Zeppelin? Is he a murder escaped from Calandon prison? Or is he a citizen who lives near the stonewall range? Is he a friend, or an enemy? Million of thoughts come out of my mind… without a word, he ran up to me, he saw I’m still alive. Then blue lights come out of his hand, then the light flow up to me body. Yes, it’s Minor Heal from White Necromantic College. He’s no enemy. He saved my life! Soon, I’m fully healed. I walk up to him, and look up at him carefully…

“BY THE GODS! I can’t believe my eyes! I mean, you and Zeppelin, on fire!� he screamed at me, although a bit rude.
    “GOD! I almost died here! Didn’t you see?� I screamed back.
    “You… talk… Yes, what am I thinking? What did you say sir… say it again?� he looked at me carefully, it most have reminded him something.
    “Of course I talk! Haven’t you notice that you SAVED my life?�
    “It’s YOU! The ‘living one’, I’m glad I found you!�
    “Uh, I don’t know what are ya’ talking about. Perhaps you should come down…�
    “Alright, let’s go to Shrouded Hill, Elder Joachim will explain what’s going on.�
    “Who’s Joachim? And who are you?� I asked suspiciously, although I never trusted no stranger like him…
    “Arghhh… my name is Virgil, uh, nice to met’ you. Listen, just follow me, Joachim will explain EVERYTHING! Don’t worry, I’ll handle everythin’. Just follow me.�
    “Alright, let’s go, but remember! Do not go elsewhere. I want get back to civilized place right now.� I said annoyed.

``Ah. Something isn’t quite right about all this.’’ -- Virgil

After I have done deal with Virgil, we pick up all the junks that we can carry. Virgil said these junky staffs would solve our money problems. Then for a while, I suggest let’s get out of this place. On our way out, we found an ogre’s dead body. I told Virgil that stupid mindless creatures caused the problem. Once we get near ogre’s body, we found a strange amulet with 6 side shaped symbol in the ogre’s body. Virgil seems to remind something, but he didn’t tell me. This made my suspicious him more. In our way out the hill, we found a stone with mysterious quote. It says something about “…last fight till the evil one�, and we have no clue what’s that meant. But I thought it most have something to do with demise of Zeppelin.

On our way out, we met a mage. He seems to be suspicious to us. Finally Virgil interrupted our dialog, he seems to have something important to say, so I let him do the best. After few minutes of Virgil’s dialog, he ran away from the hill. I had no clue who the devil is him, and I don’t want to know either. The journey to Shrouded Hill has taken us 2 days. The journey was quite easy. The only problem was few wolves disliked intelligented races. Soon, we’re in middle of the town.
    -flamethrower

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

3. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"You will let me cross the bridge now or you will see your head at the end of this blade" I yelled at the thiefs guarding the bridge out side of Shrouded Hills.All they did was laugh.So I pulled out my shiny sword and thrusted it into one of the ogres.The ogre fell and he was dead.
    "Now who is next!"

4. Maniac

Maniac New Member

The other ogre and the leader attacked Quethim.I saw the fight and shot the ogre in the head with my trusty revolver.The leader stopped.
    "Gentlemen what is the problem?Might I help?"

5. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"These fools would not let me cross this bridge"

6. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Hmmm.It seems we have some brigands here.Go away brigand or you are dead meat."
    "How dare you dwarven-basta..."I shot Luden in the head.
    "It was a pleasure tp help you but I must go and get my reward.Goodbye sir"I went and took my 50 gold from the constable.

7. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I then went to that nice little dwarf who helped me out.
    "Uhh thanks but I really did not need your help mister.Could I mabey have 10 coins please?"

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I was tired of being walked on by every little bastard who came into Shrouded Hills. Usually Lukan kept out the riff-raff, and I got a cut from the toll he charged at the bridge. But Lukan had failed miserably this time.
    It wasn't easy making coin as Constable of a dead-end town like Shrouded Hills.
    I pulled out my pistol and shot both the little trouble-makers in the head.
    Again and again and again.
    Doc Roberts approached me.
    "What's the trouble?" he asked.
    "Just a couple of bandits."
    "Bandits?!" Doc exploded. He whipped out his peacemaker and shot the two fellows several times in the head.
    There could be no doubt about it now. They were DEAD.
    I heard footsteps behind me. It was the blacksmith.
    "What's going on here?" he queried.
    "Coupl'a bandits," Doc drawled.
    "Really", said Lloyd the blacksmith. "Well, then..." and with that he burned the eyes out of the interlopers with a white-hot piece of steel.
    "They're DEAD, but we better make sure they can't reproduce", I said.
    "Yep", said Doc Roberts.
    "Right", said Lloyd, as he scorched the bandits' genitalia with the iron.
    "Ya'll think they're dead?" Doc wondered.
    "It looks like it. But let's go get some more citizens to desecrate the corpses to make sure".
    "Yep", Doc enthused. He kicked one of the bodies in the head, sending a spray of brains onto my boots, and we suantered off to the Inn. Maybe Sogg would like to have some fun, too.

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"Uhh what was that sound.I sounded like a gun shot"
    I ran to where the guns were fired and then I saw some dead bodies and 3 people walking away.I ran up to one of them that was going into an inn.
    "Excuse me..but what happened?"

10. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Hey mister you can have ten coins you asked for.Here"I tossed the coins at him.
    "Constable I finished your errand.May I get my reward?"

11. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I turned around and thanked the guy who gave me the coins and then I went back to the guy in the inn and he seemed to be with an ogre of some sort.

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I put a poster on the inn wall that I am looking for survivors of the crash.

13. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"What do you want with the survivers?"

14. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Well I am investigating who is responsible for the IFF downing"

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"What would you do if I told you that I was one of the survivers?"

16. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"I would ask you some questions and I'd look after you until the crime is solved"

17. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"OK thanks for all of your help but I really do not need it.Oh and by the way I am a surviver and I am Quethim"
    I remove my hood to show that I am an elf.

18. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Nice to meet you dear elf.I am glad to see you're from one of the higher Arcanum races.Even thought I am a dwarf I like elves.Of course I like dwarves as well.As you want I won't protect you but may I ask some questions?"

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"I may not beable to answer them all."

20. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Well that's your wish.May I ask you to tell me how did it all happen?Of course it was a horrible experience but it eould help me much."

Our Host!