Arcanum still dominates the RPG World ....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theshadow, Oct 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. theshadow

theshadow New Member

When Arcanum was released, I did not bother looking for reviews on the game : I knew Arcanum would be a slobberknocker. When Pool Of Radiance was released, I just had to refrain myself from getting a copy of it : Reviews show POR is a pretty bad game with tons of bugs, POR forum closed, complains with no-disc in package. Forget it, Arcanum's still the game worth the money, worth the time. Diablo 2 .... who's playing it anymore ?

Anyways, Arcanum has the potential to become RPG Of The Year, but still .... Morrowind's coming out. Now, if only Morrowind would be as good as Arcanum, or even better ....

If Morrowind ain't good, then Troika/Sierra, get working on Arcanum 2 or Expansion pack !

2. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmm

Yes, Arcanum rocks. But Morrowind has a fairly high chance of becoming rpg of the year. Just look at the graphics. Reviewers don't like Arcanum too much, it's just too flawed. But in some sites or mag, Arcanum has gotta be rpg of the year. For example pcgamer nominates games of the year not by quality, but how much it's pushing the envelope in terms of gameplay.

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Can you direct me to a site? When is it coming out?

4. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmm

Try this:
    http://www.morrowind.com

or go to any gaming site and search for a preview. btw, morrowind is the sequel to daggerfall in the elder scroll series. I don't know much about them though.

5. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

well...

Well, Morrowind is delayed to March 2002. I don't know whether this is good news or not, but i'm sure Arcanum is now officially rpg of the year. :wink:

6. devilboy_22

devilboy_22 New Member

Well..

yes arcanum rocks. but one of my personal faves still has to be Everquest. (aka EverCrack and The never-ending cycle of doom =P) its just so damn fun to play. btw once i get my internet hooked up i will send in my char files to ya Doekepp.
    Top 5 favorite Games:
    1)EverQuest
    2)Arcanum
    3) TFC as old as it is
    4) D2 expansion
    5) Dopewars (free off of http://www.zdnet.com )

7. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

well...

Everquest is an MMORPG, different from Arcanum, but yes I believe it's addictive. But nothing beats playing dopewars, I got around 2million in 30 days selling Heroines mainly. Beat that dude! I never buy anygun to shoot em' police though, if police comes, I run.

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

What is MMORPG? And about Ever Quest, who made it? The company responsible for it?

9. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmm

MMORPG stands for massively multiplayer role playing game. Basically it's an rpg populated with hundreds of other human players, all playing together in the same evolving world where GMs (the game staffs) balance things out and new quests and items are updated simultaneously. Everquest is the best out there, developed by Verent software. Upcoming mmorpgs are Star Wars Galaxies (by Verant) and World of Warcraft (Blizzard). Because we both are not in America, Everquest is just a dream, but World of Warcraft and maybe even Star Wars Galaxies are gonna have world wide servers. There also Sovereign which is actually a massively online rts, which is being developed by Verant. This one is also interesting. Hope these info are useful to you. :smile:

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

You didn't get Ever Quest there? I saw Ever Quest at the local computer store. I was attracted by the picture but none recommend me on buying it. So I cannot play it because I'm not from the US?

11. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

huh?

Well, maybe i'm wrong. I don't think so. Actually maybe you can but you'll suffer great lag cause the server is a little too far. I dunno, i'm dumb.

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!