Arcanum still alive?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Feb 7, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I am just curious as to how many of still play arcanum. wether occasionally, frequently, or the only game you play. I have not played it for several months, and have recently decided to dig it back otu, and play again........hopefully finish the complete story.

if'n you do not play it at all anymore, or once in a while. I am asking what other games ya'll do play.......I am looking for new games all the time.

btw - played/downloaded TOEE demo and
    caint hardly wait until I have the $$ to buy the game.

ps-T minus 5 months til baby time and no name yet.....not even one to agree on :lol:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I quit playing it... of course I don't play any games. The Internet has sucked me up and won't spit me out. :)

3. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I still play it. Quite a bit, actually.

4. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I haven't played it in quite some time. I have been recently playing every Command and Conquer game in existence, including Renagade(its first person shooter series). Only four more levels in Yuri's Revenge and I'll be done.

5. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

I haven't played in a while. Then again i haven't played anything in a while. I plan on playing it ASAP, though.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Can't remember the last time I played Arcanum. I did pretty much everything that could be done in the game, and then gave it up. Now I've hopped back on the Diablo 2 treadmill, after also having done pretty much everything in ToEE...well, except for Ironman mode, and some evil paths, but really, that'd just be to see more of the end slides. Here's a tip - try leaving at least one High Priest alive. I only did it once, and with Kelno, and so I might play through again and spare a different combination of factions.

7. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

No Arcanum since last semester, been playing Warcraft III and The Frozen Throne obsessively since school started. Actually, I haven't played it since Thursday, due to the beauty of Real Life. That being hanging with my people at Binghamton University, watching Donnie Darko and Fight Club, hanging out with a beautiful Ethiopian demigodess, and drinking moderate amounts of expensive and delicious beer.

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

The last time I played Arcanum was december 23rd, then I got lots of new games.

After Christmas I first played through Age of Mythology Titans, took two days on Normal, damn Microsoft only wanting money.

Then I finished Planescape that I also got for Christmas.

Tried playing Baldrus Gate 1. (I got a three gaems box with Planescape, Fallout and Baldurs Gate, it was well worth 34$ even if it would have only been Planescape since I got all three manuals) But BG sucked, or I couldn't get into it, I played to the first city woth lots of crashes and then gave up.

Right now I'm playing Divine Divinity, that I bought some days after finishing PST, which is also a pretty good game, one downsides is that it's too much combat, and the dialogue doesn't care about your stats.

The next game I'll play is Silent Storm, I have only payed the demo so far, and loved it the second time I tried it (just like with Arcanums demo).

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I find myself returning to Arcanum all the time, usually between other games, so to say. There always seems to be something new to try out.

I don't play Arcanum right now though, I'm heavily into ToEE at the moment (druid shapeshifters with Natural Spell kick infinite ass by the way) and I'm determined to actually go through it this time, instead of beginning on page one with a new party combination when I'm halfway through.

That, and I also play a lot of UFO: The Aftermath. It's mighty fun if you like turnbased tactical squadgames. :)

10. Settler

Settler Member

I haven't played Arcanum for nigh on a year...recently I've been playing Close Combat IV to death, I don't know why I ever left :)...although CC3 and CC5 are the better games, I haven't got them on hand. CC3 is the way to go for setting, atmosphere and closer control of squads and soldiers outside of battles...but CC5 takes the cake as far as graphics, gameplay and balance go (for the most part). It's the most engrossing series I've ever played - there are just too many golden moments to list.

So, yeah, PLAY!

11. Flink

Flink New Member

I play it through at least one's a year. It's a great little game to pop in whenever you're bored and need something to do.

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i have this terrible habit of never actually finishing a game... with the exception of SMAC... it is eternally installed on my hard-drive, just waiting for me to stop half-way through a new game... ooh!! i've also finished Hamtaro's Ham-Ham Heartbreak for GameBoy Advance... yeah, i know.

currently playing Space Colony, it's pretty fun... also, Cultures, and Cultures II, both from the creators of Settlers... i got a long-standing game of Animal Crossing still in existance, and a paused game of The Sims Bustin' Out... all girly games, i know... sitting on the shelf waiting for me are Divine Divinity, SimCity 4, Tropico 2, Europa 1400, Final Fantasy X and X-2, Fallout 1 and 2... oh, and Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne Expansion...

it's not a complete waste of money, my husband has beaten every game listed... i'm just the one who plays a level at a time :p

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I played it for the last time about a month ago, I have now limited my gaming because I am sitting my HSC this year.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Hahahaha, HSC, suck shit. I hear lots of people commit suicide trying to get through them. I'm glad Queensland has the lazy ass OP system...

15. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

well.........I see that many of us dont play arcanum anymore, but do occasionally return to it.

thank you all for humoring my Q. the posts gave me a few ideas to spend some $$ on when I go looking for new games. I asked, because I was contemplating reinstalling arcanum to give it a go...........and play ALL the way through.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Just how far did you get before you uninstalled it?

17. Flink

Flink New Member

Come on people! You have to finish the game at least ones! :)

18. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Kind of late, but congradulation on the baby. Hope your ready to stay up late every night for 2 years. Athough you can get some serious gaming time fit in if you can use a keyboard/controller while holding a little one.

And as for the topic... Can anyone consider themselves an Arcanum fan and not beaten the game once. All you who haven't finished the game should feel ashamed for being on a forum thats based on the game. That should be the only requirment to be able to post here. Like I said on top RpJunkie, learn to use the keyboard with one hand and you'll beat that game in no time. That way when you reach the end, you and your baby can feel that together you finished the game.

19. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

For once Fish, I agree

PS. Also Congrads on Baby RPjunkie (not sure if I said so before or not)

20. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

well.................I got as far as Qintara. I didnt finish the quests there though. you see...........I WAS playin arcanum for bout 2 yrs and then moved. my comp was in a box, and I didnt play it for like 8-9 months. when I got here (where I live now) I played a little, adn then found TA and HoL. I liked the place and the people a lot and got stuck/lost here.

I do believe that I need to finish the game, but with going to school full time, working 2 jobs, and family...............I dont play ANY games anymore. but with school ending soon, I have given serious thought to playing the game through. I usually get to about tarant or a little further and then start another character. I was kinda experimenting with finding
    the best/right character for me. I may do some tinkering yet, but I WILL play start to finish with ONE character!!!

btw guys............thanx for the congrats but the baby thing is like a few months old and unless you missed a thread that surprisingly stayed relatively on topic for 150 posts or so, then ya'll are way out of the loop or need to pay more attention to the goings on here

Our Host!