Arcanum sequel on rpg maker

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Shota Shernokavich, Mar 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

i was reading another thread, and someone was saying about how an arcanum sequel on RPG maker would make a lot more sense, and be a lot more access-able.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Really, how many people still check for new arcanum mods? and how long would it take to build the entire sequel on the frustratingly-hard world ed?

I have a question, though...

If you dont have RPG maker XP, can you play games made by the engine? Or is it only available to people who own the program?

Thanks in advance.. :D

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It's only playable for people who have the program, I can't see how you'd be able to play it otherwise.

Well, at least if RPGMaker XP works the same way previous versions did.

3. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

4. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I was under the impression you could. When you're done making the game you can pack it in an exe file that contains just the resource files and game engine for distribution. At least that's how RPGM2K and all the ones before it worked. I haven't tried XP yet so maybe the format's changed.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Here's an idea.. get a large group of people whom all want to work on creating Arcanum 2. As a group, they create the script and plot, and then the first person downloads and installs RPGMaker XP, and works on it until it expires. After this, they install the trial on a different computer, port the files over, and continue!! ^__^

Our Host!