Arcanum Revival

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Deleted member 7919, Feb 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Alas, i will wait for word from Amy, and i apprecaite the "keep going" sppech but all of you have spoken too much sense into me to keep going. I still believe it is possible but cannot continue without support. I believe it would be easy to acquire Tim Cains email through Leonard Boyarsky, however i have nothing of valid worth to say to him.
    Over and out...

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Shortest campaign EVAH!

You've learned a valuable lesson:
    If at first you don't succeed, then give up. There's no point in making a fool of yourself.

I'm still in shock that an Arcanum 2 campaign came and went without a flame being fired.
    -Remembers that Vyenna posted-
    Er...maybe not then.

3. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Today my classmate wanted to trick me, and told that Arcanum 3 came out.

He didn't remember if I was playing with Arcanum or Arcanum 2... :lol:

4. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Hey, what can I say? Guess, I'm a little triggerhappy! :D

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Re: Im not giving up...

1. I don't live in America.
    2. I already have contact details for Tim Cain and a few other former Troika employees.
    3. I'm not giving them to you because you SUCK (as evidenced by your waffling and complete failure to achieve anything before giving up completely. Plus they need to earn money because they don't work for free and getting their support is meaningless unless they're actually going to form a company to do it).
    4. I'm already working on my own mod called Fan Made Fallout, based on the widely acclaimed Fallout series. It's being made for fans of Fallout who've been waiting a fuckload longer for a sequel than Arcanum fans. How about you let me finish that project first before I start any kind of "Fan Made Arcanum", eh?
    5. In the meantime, if you'd like to stop posting crap and instead actually DO something, you're more than welcome to. By all means, don't let your stupidity stop you. After all, you're supposed to be the "charismatic leader" here, right?

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

DU is sarcastic young one, but don't confuse that for the fact that he's really just informing as to the logicality of your argument, in that there's little.

First of all, I love this game. I am not getting fired up about it like it really matters though. With the same energy you're putting into a video game I could be making a difference for REAL people. Not Nasrudin and Raven.

Secondly, and as DU has said, Tim Cain and his posse may love this game. But they have rent to pay. When I game, I do it as a hobby. This is their job, they need money. Green. Deneiro. And they need more of it than you can raise online in any reasonable degree of time.

Your enthusiasm is a good thing. But there are many enthusiastic people in this world, and few of them have the attention span to actually back what they say up. Please, prove us wrong. And if at some poine I think you might actually have something behind what you're saying, I'll pledge my full support, as would most of the members. But you'll excuse us for not just assuming your serious about this when you obviously have no idea at all as to the scope of the project you've laid out.

DU, I've always wanted to play Fallout, never gotten a copy, where can I pick one up?

7. DarkUnderlord

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-12000246778 ... 2copa.html

NWS Online Games. I've ordered from them in the past (I was after Planescape Torment, Outlaws and Full Throttle). Don't expect packaging, mine were just the CDs but for hard to find games, it does the trick. Also, e-mail them if there's anything you want but can't find. They're pretty good at finding what you want.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ne Trossy, while I don't see a professional Arcanum 2 ever being made, if you want to work on a fan-made game in a similar world or somesuch, I am MORE than happy to write dialogue and things for you. Whilst I'm useless with coding, my creative side runs rampant and free (As anyone who read my 'sorry I was gone so long, here's fanfic' stuff will confirm).

I would actually find the project interesting, if nothing else.

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Isn't a project already started in the modding forum? Some guys mentioned it and my little hope was candled.

10. DarkUnderlord

Yeah, nothing serious was started I don't think. I know a few guys are working on some mods of their own though. I have given some thought to starting a "Fan Made Arcanum" myself but I figure I should get "Fan Made Fallout" finished first (I can't do two such projects at once) and by the time I finish FMF, I may not be in any mood to start an FMA anyway.

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Someone will probably do it someday... or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes , arcanum does have a very special atmosphere wich couldn't be re-created. And it would be nice with a sequel but...how many people have totally completed the game , how many have finished the game with all races. So even if one finish the game it's always more to do.

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well since the game is 5 years old, quite a few people have exhausted the race, gender and background possibilities.

The only characters I play now are ones that don't follow the storyline of the game.

And please, stop adding useless information to old threads.

14. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You have posted where you bought Arcanum, after the issue was solved, where you store your stuff in Arcanum in a thread that isn't even about that and have otherwise made the generic 'Arcanum is a great and complex world' comments.

You don't need to say thios stuff, between us here at this forum I doubt that there is much we don't already know, posting the obvious stuff is useless, because you aren't telling anyone anything new.

15. Maximus

Maximus New Member

You can still post non-earth shattering stuff, as many people do it too, just dont GRAVEDIG. If a post is more than a month old, start a new thread (dont post to it!). If what you want to say has nothing to do with an active thread, start a new one, or talk about what everybody else is talking about.

Our Host!