Arcanum Hacker 1.2.1

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Koorac, Nov 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Koorac

Koorac New Member

ArcanumHacker allows you to enable engine hacks (all posted in this thread + enabling windowed mode + adjusting level cap) with a simple GUI application, so you don't have to use a hex editor to enable them.

Download (Rapidshare.com)

Works with the UAP (both normal and 1024x768) Arcanum.exe and the original 1.0.7.4 exe (other files will not be opened, but if you know of another Arcanum version Drog's hacks work with, I'll add that, too).

If you have any ideas for improvement or the program doesn't work, please tell me and I'll try to fix/implement it.

Changelog:
    Version 1.2:
    -Added changing level cap (from 1 to 126)
    -Added ability to enable windowed mode hack
    -Reduced exe size by ~70%
    -Fixed window icon not showing
    -Fixed "NPCs always show portraits" hack not being enabled
    Version 1.2.1:
    -added "Reset to default" button
    -removed message box at start-up
    -removed white corners from window icon

JRE 1.5 or higher is required (is probably installed on your computer anyway).
    Although this is a Java program, you won't have to bother with .jar files or anything like that, just double click on the .exe to start it.

Thanks to Crypton for the windowed mode hack and thanks to Drog for the others.

2. Crypton

Crypton Member

"playing Arcanum in windowed mode" is mine hack ;)

3. Koorac

Koorac New Member

It would not have been possible for me to find out what values to modify in the exe without Drog's post because I have no comparable original file, so I'd say it's Drog's contribution. I will of course add you to the contributor list if you helped Drog finding this hack.

4. Crypton

Crypton Member

lol :D read original topic properly... I did not helped him to find this hack,I made this hack,and find by myself...

Anyway,if he developed this hack before then why he did not released it before ? Its 8 years since Arcanum was released,he had a long time to do that...

one thing, I've received from drog and PM that he is wondering if I know how to enable window mode :) so I've decided to look at that by myself... thats all.

something tells me that you are drog.... because I smell too much selfconfidence and arrogance ;)

5. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Re: Arcanum Hacker 1.2

If you would list the bugs that you fixed, maybe more people would bother downloading it... :)

Are you saying that there can only be one self confident and arrogant person in the whole world?

6. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:

Right. Because no one else on this forum is confident and arrogant.
    I'm right, aren't I?
    Some one please validate me! :cry:

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

8. Koorac

Koorac New Member

There were two bugs:
    1.The NPCs always show portraits hack was not activated,because by mistike I had the value for never show portraits there (luckily nothing that ruins the game, so I didn't notice straight away)
    2. The window icon wasn't showing (blank icon instead)

I was merely stating that I could not have found out which values to modify to enable windowed mode from your file. And since I Drog's post was already there when I read the topic and I didn't read most of the thread, I assumed got the information from his post. If the values he posted are identical to the ones you changed, then of course it is your contribution.

After rereading the whole windowed mode mod thread again, I discovered the post about the exe patcher you sent Drog, so it's definitely your work.
    Yes, I didn't see a post that showed it's only your work, but that's just because I'm lazy. I was not trying to not give you credit for your work.
    I've added you to the contributors.

9. Crypton

Crypton Member

Well :) its not about all about contribution,I know that everybody thinks that drog is best and that he helped to improve arcanum a lot,but I dont like when people thinks that he is the only one who can fix this game or somethink like that.

And yes,I've sent him my pe patcher,it was 3 months ago....

Here is:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/qyfzvc

It has few patches included,some of them were not tested yet...

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

11. Koorac

Koorac New Member

Thank you. I'll have a look at it and see if I can find anything I can use. After having a quick look at it, it seems to me that you were modifying a different Arcanum exe version, since the no-intro hack changes a different offset than the one I got from Drog's post, but perhaps it's just some other functionality. If I have any questions, I'll send you a PM.

12. Crypton

Crypton Member

You can made write your own patches similar to my one (patch.eni),also I can add version checker to that app if you are interested.

I found out that I'm probably using different version of exe than everybody else does in patches,so offsets wont be exact... but if you load arcanum with any disassembler then you can use that offset as clue,because it will jump to exact function but on different op code.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH YOU!

Truth to be told, I hate all this crediting bullshit. You're a pretentious whore, you know that?

OMG I FOUND THE DEBUG MODE HURR HURR. (I don't know why you posted this in the cheats thread.)

Yeah, it's pretty hard to not notice the ASCII string in the file. I wasn't doing much with the engine back then, so I wasn't paying attention. However, FWIW, the debug mode was found first by Circle of Eight community back in 2005, or maybe even earlier by somebody else. So what's the point in crediting then? It's not like you made it anyway, it's just something you have stumbled upon.

The same shit with the windowed mode. You didn't know about the native support and 20h flag, and once I've told you about it, you found the other offset. Me and another person were trying to port the finished windowed mode from ToEE for around a month already, we knew all this. I PM'd you and asked if you knew something else, but you didn't.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous.

14. Crypton

Crypton Member

1) I know ...

2) I found out debug mode by myself while researching proto generation functions,there is no connection wit that forum because:
    -Its different game
    -It wasnt posted in any arcanum forum before
    -Nobody knew that debugging can be enabled in game
    +I found out how to attach debugger to game ;)

3) I was working on window patch long time ago... in june
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... ht=crypton

15. Koorac

Koorac New Member

Updated to version 1.2.1
    Changes:
    -added "Reset to default" button
    -removed message box at start-up

Download here

16. crz

crz New Member

Download link for arcanumhacker1.2.1.exe at Rapidshare.com is dead, can someone pls reupload arcanumhacker1.2.1.exe???
    Thank You in advance

Our Host!